Lambert's secret lover

+
I am replaying wticher 1 right now and yea I don't see it. they seem like they hate each other and get on eachother's nerves. triss still seems desperate to be with geralt to me. lambert says he doesn't like triss when you ask him and thinks she's too pretentious. triss said it was horrible having lambert look after her after she was hurt in the opening battle and you give her the potion. I've not gotten to the part where she teleports you to her house in vizima yet but i'm pretty sure choices you make don't affect that either. for me at least this would also completely destroy triss' character and the romance between her and geralt because you are led to believe that she is completely enamored with geralt, and it plays as sort of a contrast to the toxic relationship between yen and geralt, which included them cheating on eachother, I think why a lot of players choose triss over yen, because the relationships are not portrayed the same, yet if triss was going behind geralts back then it would seem like a toxic relationship as well. I think it would destroy her character as well for a lot of other fans probably since it seems completely out of character for her to do this, at least at the beginning of witcher 1 when she's trying to get geralt to be with her, and if you use the books as a prequal to the games then she has been wanting to be with him for awhile, as you said.

...and the thing about there being a possibility they hooked up when geralt was presumed dead, also doesn't quite make sense, but that would probably be the best time if they were gonna have a fling. reason it doesn't make sense is because lambert says he jumped out of a window to evade being caught by a friend. assuming he meant triss was his lover there, and geralt was the friend, geralt would've had to show up a lot earlier, back from the dead, and knock on triss' house in vizima, where it is suggested the footsteps that are there belong to lambert. Then he would have to go back and disappear again, and come back from the dead to start the beginning of witcher 1.

Agree completely - for me, having read the books multiple times, the relationship CDPR presents with Triss & Geralt seems to be a much more legitimate relationship, at least in the terms I think of a relationship in, based on my own life experiences. I've played all the games about 6 times a piece and as mentioned earlier read the books a couple times, and as you described, the relationship between T&G just feels much more like a relationship should if you're looking for something healthy and monogamous versus something toxic where you're constantly fighting with your significant other, breaking up, and screwing other people, etc. As I play through the games, it's like a nice feeling with regard to the romance angle that, to me, it's like the romance angle is solid and unwavering, at no point during the games was I concerned that Triss was cheating with anybody else as she seemed to always want to be at Geralt's side. Even the description of Triss in Witcher 2 in the glossary describes that in detail which is the polar opposite of Yennefer, who seems to want to control Geralt and order him around like a little kid versus having an equal and loving relationship.

Had I seen some actual character growth from Yennefer in Witcher 3 I might have selected her, but she's just as insufferable in W3 as she was in the books and so I take great pleasure in kicking her to the curb every time I play the game. :)

As I play through the games, it's like a nice feeling with regard to the romance angle that, to me, it's like the romance angle is solid and unwavering, at no point during the games was I concerned that Yen was cheating with anybody else as she seemed to always want to be at Gerald's side.

Agreed. I had a good look at the footprints after just arriving to her place in the trade quarter. They are coming from the tub and yes they lead all the way to the window. so apparently lambert would've been plowing her in the tub just before geralt woke up(yet tris s was talking to someone in her magic mirror as geralt was waking), and made a dash for the window which was on the other side of the room(and the side of the room where geralt was laying), i mean idk, CDPR doesn't always make sense with what lore they put in games, especially when it comes to choices later on not affecting later games or being ignored, or taking characters completely out after someone romanced them, so i guess anything is possible with them even though this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. i think the fact that they came from the tub, which you may have mentioned earlier or someone else did on reddit, is an important detail, i mean obviously she would be bathing, it's her home, and perhaps just walked to the window to open it and let air in to dry off. that'd probably be a better explanation for why the footprints are there, idk. i don't see any other evidence, somewhere else i've read people say you can hear npc's chatting in the background and one of them says something like 'that man jumped from that window' or something along those lines, i don't quite remember, but i have yet to run into this chatter in the background in the trade quarter or by her place. have you ever ran into that?

Agreed. I had a good look at the footprints after just arriving to her place in the trade quarter. They are coming from the tub and yes they lead all the way to the window. so apparently lambert would've been plowing her in the tub just before geralt woke up(yet tris s was talking to someone in her magic mirror as geralt was waking), and made a dash for the window which was on the other side of the room(and the side of the room where geralt was laying), i mean idk, CDPR doesn't always make sense with what lore they put in games, especially when it comes to choices later on not affecting later games or being ignored, or taking characters completely out after someone romanced them, so i guess anything is possible with them even though this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. i think the fact that they came from the tub, which you may have mentioned earlier or someone else did on reddit, is an important detail, i mean obviously she would be bathing, it's her home, and perhaps just walked to the window to open it and let air in to dry off. that'd probably be a better explanation for why the footprints are there, idk. i don't see any other evidence, somewhere else i've read people say you can hear npc's chatting in the background and one of them says something like 'that man jumped from that window' or something along those lines, i don't quite remember, but i have yet to run into this chatter in the background in the trade quarter or by her place. have you ever ran into that?

Ya, I agree completely, and no I don't recall seeing / hearing any other NPCs mentioning anything related to that. It's just relatively absurd in my opinion based on the logistical circumstances. I actually had a modder in the W1 Nexus Mods area mod the game for me to completely delete the footprints from the game just because I found them annoying, lol. :)

just because I found them annoying

yea? hahaha you know I had the same exact thought after I had a good look at them, I thought man I just wanna get rid of these because they are tied in with that bunk lambert theory now and they're gonna make me think of that now. did he upload that mod on nexus? I may use it at some point even though I've gotten kinda use to them now since they also remind of her just getting out the tub and all and doing her thing to walk around and dry off. still might be good to have that as a backup though.

yea? hahaha you know I had the same exact thought after I had a good look at them, I thought man I just wanna get rid of these because they are tied in with that bunk lambert theory now and they're gonna make me think of that now. did he upload that mod on nexus? I may use it at some point even though I've gotten kinda use to them now since they also remind of her just getting out the tub and all and doing her thing to walk around and dry off. still might be good to have that as a backup though.

hah, nah he didn't post as public, but here's the file if you want to download it -

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03563158439845752472

I assume you know how to install for Witcher 1 mods? Going just off memory here but I believe just extract the files into your Witcher\Data\Override folder

Hahaha -- ! Everyone is like, "Now, we can finally play in peace! All of these conspiracies!" (Sound of someone quietly breathing, as if from the other end of a megascope.) "What the -- !?"

I assume you know how to install for Witcher 1 mods? Going just off memory here but I believe just extract the files into your Witcher\Data\Override folder

thanks, I create the override folder if it isn't there right? I don't see one in the data folder.

Hahaha -- ! Everyone is like, "Now, we can finally play in peace! All of these conspiracies!" (Sound of someone quietly breathing, as if from the other end of a megascope.) "What the -- !?"

NOOOOOOOOO! That's it! Lambert is going into the funeral pyre with vesimir on my next witcher 3 playthrough!
Or maybe i'll just plow keira on that dirty blanket in Velen before handing her off to Lambert....

I still have all my old save games from all 3 games.
I will just point a few things out to dismiss some speculation.

1) The footprints are there before Alvin moves in.
Counting him and any "Entities" associated with him out of the equation.

2) The footprints go from the bath to the window, nowhere else.
3) There is a puddle around the bath.
The person either got out of the bath or stepped in the puddle around the bath, most likely the former.

4) The foot prints are small, much smaller than Geralts foot.
Even taking into account for the boot they are small.

and probably the most important part.
5) They are very close together. The person was walking very slowly. Not running or moving quickly. Like someone would walk knowing they have wet feet on a slippy floor, and they are in no rush.

So I am pretty confident they were intended to have been made by Triss.

Incidentally they did not show up any brighter after a cat potion.
unrelated, the inside of the house does not match the outside. Downstairs, the door is not in the right place and the outside of the building shows the corner removed where the door is. inside it is a normal corner. As for the upstairs, from the inside you can see roof beams, outside it clearly shows a flat above the bedroom. But these things can be forgiven in games like this as standard models are used for the interiors.

As for Lamberts "confession", he was probably referring to Aiden as the friend he did't want to hurt. Otherwise he would have been blatantly saying I cheated on one of you guys.
On a side note, if you choose Shani in W1 do you ever get access to Triss's house in the game?

And yes, I registered a new account just to make this post after being a long time lurker.
Post automatically merged:

On a side note, if you choose Shani in W1 do you ever get access to Triss's house in the game?

Dumb question, as I even point out myself that the footprints are there before the Alvin choice."

Last edited:
4) The foot prints are small, much smaller than Geralts foot.
Even taking into account for the boot they are small.

and probably the most important part.
5) They are very close together. The person was walking very slowly. Not running or moving quickly. Like someone would walk knowing they have wet feet on a slippy floor, and they are in no rush.

agree. these two points popped out to me as well when I was having a look at 'em.

Top Bottom