Language settings can't be saved.

+
Guys, pls make an option that we can SAVE language settings. I wanna english voice + local interface. Every time after game relaunched settings erased to default.
I don't know how on others languages, but Russian language scamed. Comparing to Witcher's series it's like hell and heaven.
And I rly wanna ask CDPR to look where you wasted money and never work with this russian studio anymore. Russian dubbing was made by stupid videobloggers and standupers, not real voice actors.
It's like english version would be voiceacted by LelePons, hannahstocking and ninja.

Hong Kong Player
purchased from from gog.
and the game cant rmb the language setting...
i gotta change it every single time when i entered the first screen ( you know .. you need to press twice spacebar to enter the welcome page, and It reminds me everytime that I need to change my language setting)
HOPE PRODUCTION TEAM WILL HANDLE THIS PROBLEM SEROUSLY. LIKED THE STORY. BUT WOULD LOVE MORE IF THIS FIXED!!!

Hong Kong Player
purchased from from gog.
and the game cant rmb the language setting...
i gotta change it every single time when i entered the first screen ( you know .. you need to press twice spacebar to enter the welcome page, and It reminds me everytime that I need to change my language setting)
HOPE PRODUCTION TEAM WILL HANDLE THIS PROBLEM SEROUSLY. LIKED THE STORY. BUT WOULD LOVE MORE IF THIS FIXED!!!

..Language can be changed in game settings; the game tends to “forget” the language you’ve chosen on each launch – to fix it edit in a text editor “bin\x64\steam_emu.ini” (Steam version) or “goggame-1423049311.info” (GOG), so the game would default to the language of your choice. :)

..Language can be changed in game settings; the game tends to “forget” the language you’ve chosen on each launch – to fix it edit in a text editor “bin\x64\steam_emu.ini” (Steam version) or “goggame-1423049311.info” (GOG), so the game would default to the language of your choice. :)
OMG... this move..
is it harmful?
Post automatically merged:

may i ask the traditional chinese how?

zh-tw? o_O

may i ask the traditional chinese how?

zh-tw? o_O
[/QUOTE]
First edit file to "language": "Traditional Chinese", and save. Then start the game and change the setting to Traditional Chinese, and save. After a new restart of the game, it should run in the desired language .

Same here.

Fortunately my game loads kinda fast (without ssd) and change the Language settings every time I launch the game takes 15-30 secs, but it shouldn't be happening :sad:

Also, I'm curious about how can I change the voice language to another one different than my interface lang? Actually I can only choose between English and Spanish, but I would like to hear more voice acting versions.

Same here.

Fortunately my game loads kinda fast (without ssd) and change the Language settings every time I launch the game takes 15-30 secs, but it shouldn't be happening :sad:

Also, I'm curious about how can I change the voice language to another one different than my interface lang? Actually I can only choose between English and Spanish, but I would like to hear more voice acting versions.
You can choose the language in game settings in GOG client.
After that you'll be available to choose that language audio + any language of the text inside the game.

There have been several mentions regarding this issue, yes. You can report it here, for example (there's no support topic yet for this exact issue): https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1775/contact-to-support ("Contact Us" to send a ticket to CDPR support).

It probably has been reported by other users already, but you can always send a ticket to make sure.

And yes, it probably helps if the GOG/Steam.../Console-settings are the same as the in-game settings you are playing with.

I got the same problem:

Usersettings.json look fine:

JSON:
       {
            "group_name": "/language",
            "options": [
                {
                    "name": "VoiceOver",
                    "type": "name_list",
                    "is_dynamic": true,
                    "value": "en-us",
                    "index": 0
                },
                {
                    "name": "Subtitles",
                    "value": "pl-pl",
                },
                {
                    "name": "OnScreen",
                    "value": "pl-pl",
                }
            ]
        },

But still every time I boot up the game I had to manually change subtitles / on screen settings back to PL from english.
It seems like game itself is not respecting those saved settings but takes only main VoiceOver as source of truth.

At first, why I can't change voice settings from game?
Ft second, what is the most important, evry time I've restarted my game - voice language is changed back to default, and I have to change it back again. Why?

I have that bug too.

Default voice is piloted by the game config (in Gog, in my case).

I try to play it like this : english voices, french subtitles, french menu.

If the game is set as french in Gog, each time I launch all the 3 options are set as french when booting the game.
If the game is set as english in Gog, each time I launch all the 3 options are set as english when booting the game.

So no matter which option I choose, I have to set this each time in the langage option of the game (either langage english, or subtitles/menu french).

This is annoying, but minor (as my usual sessions are long). The OT asks the question why you can't change langage after loading a save, which also happens here.

Same problem here. I am playing it in German with English voices (greatly enhances the atmosphere) and have to change the settings on every start of the game, which is super annoying (as I usually forget it, load a save, play a bit, hear some speech in the wrong language, go back to title screen, change settings and load the save again xD). At least it's one of the game's minor problems. ;)

Just run Cyberpunk 2077\REDprelauncher.exe or Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe directly (not from the store interface) and the game will use your chosen language combination.
It seems that Steam/Gog launches the game with parameters that rewrite these settings.

Just run Cyberpunk 2077\REDprelauncher.exe or Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe directly (not from the store interface) and the game will use your chosen language combination.
It seems that Steam/Gog launches the game with parameters that rewrite these settings.

Cannot confirm. I mostly started Cyberpunk2077.exe directly while trying to fix and optimize the game and _always_ had the wrong speech language preselected. :-/

Top Bottom