Large Breast Size when clothed is actually Small Breast Size.

+
That's a decision an RPG developer should never make for the player. And I personally don't self-insert in video games but I still don't see how that is a negative? I do often admire my character but, again, I don't see anything wrong with that.

1. There could also be another reason for not making your character visible. It would demand more ressources from your CPU. So, maybe they made the choice to use the CPU power on the game world instead of your character?

2. I wouldn't be surprised because the story isn't really about a person but a character, if you know what I mean?
Your character is supposed to die anyway. Wouldn't it be more humane to play a character you don't attach to deeply to?

[Added spoiler tags.]

Last edited by a moderator:
1. There could also be another reason for not making your character visible. It would demand more ressources from your CPU. So, maybe they made the choice to use the CPU power on the game world instead of your character?

2. I wouldn't be surprised because the story isn't really about a person but a character, if you know what I mean?
Your character is supposed to die anyway. Wouldn't it be more humane to play a character you don't attach to deeply to?

[Added spoiler tags.]
Really the amount of resources it takes to render 1 player in a game that has 10s to 100s of NPCs on-screen?!?!? That just can be the case. They are already rendering everything but your head that is why you can look down and see your self and you cast a poorly animated shadow but you do not cast reflections even on Max settings. If you ever carry a body past a reflective surface it just floats. The V is for vampire if you did cast a reflection it would reveal that your head is not being rendered that's why we have to activate mirrors so the game knows to start rendering or head/hair/hat. Also, it renders your complete character head and all in 3rd person in vehicles when most of the time you can't see yourself anyways excluding bikes because it was easy to animate and it would be almost impossible to drive in 1st person all the time.

Last edited:
Really the amount of resources it takes to render 1 player in a game that has 10s to 100s of NPCs on-screen?!?!? That just can be the case. They are already rendering everything but your head that is why you can look down and see your self and you cast a poorly animated shadow but you do not cast reflections even on Max settings. If you ever carry a body past a reflective surface it just floats. The V is for vampire if you did cast a reflection it would reveal that your head is not being rendered that's why we have to activate mirrors so the game knows to start rendering or head/hair/hat. Also, it renders your complete character head and all in 3rd person in vehicles when most of the time you can't see yourself anyways excluding bikes because it was easy to animate and it would be almost impossible to drive in 1st person all the time.

You have to change the ressources of the game engine as well when you have a character in both 1st and third person.

I still think it would demand more ressources. Also because you have to focus on the rendering and animation of the body. Then you also have to use ressources on sharpening some parts like the face (especially the eyes and mouth). A game engine does not have infinite options.

Then they shouldn't have tried to build an engine and just used a tried and true one. The engine isn't an excuse if anything it's just another mistake to add to the pile.

You have to change the ressources of the game engine as well when you have a character in both 1st and third person.

I still think it would demand more ressources. Also because you have to focus on the rendering and animation of the body. Then you also have to use ressources on sharpening some parts like the face (especially the eyes and mouth). A game engine does not have infinite options.
Yes it would demand slightly more resources mostly the difference between rendering the head, hair, and hat meshes you would rarely need to sharpen the face unless you're in photomode when the engine automatically kicks it rendering up anyway because everything freezes or when standing still vanity caming. As I said before they chose to render all those parts while your driving already does in not cost resources then? As for the animations they are already being used by the enemy's and followers we get to tag along with us they render fine how much can rendering one more character really cost when I've seen it handle 10-15 pretty well and I'm pretty sure they are least at high poly as V maybe more. You can bug the game and have Panam and Judy follow you around most of the game at the same time fps doesn't seem to mind rendering their polygons+"ai"+voice that much. Oh, there is a very WIP 3rd person mod that doesn't really hurt fps its just ugly first-person style animations but you can run that and have Panam and Judy and really not notice the game running any worse.

If your that worried about resources the truly scary thing is how much a decent AI is going to cost. Talk about a real CPU hog making one ai opponent feel smart eats way more CPU cycles than rendering a character model ever will let alone making 10 mobs plus police plus traffic/pedestrians oh boy are we in trouble.

I'm really disappointed that there are soooo many toilets in the game, but, your character can't ever poop or pee even once!

You can't even use them to interrogate some baddy and dunk their head in the toilet!

Why are they even there!?

I wonder what other non-issues we can create whole threads about?

Oh, but, you know what WILL "fix" and give you all the things you want, and all the things you never asked for?
Strong Modding Support.

Suggestion: don't quibble about the little things and just ask for Strong Modding Support.
Modding Support is just barely there right now, and severely restricted, and there's already several "Better Driving" mods, appearance changers, clothing replacers, and so much more ...

but ...

Strong enough Modding Support will give you gigantic boobs.
Strong enough Modding Support will give us wall climbing with mantis Blades like that one video.
Strong Enough Modding Support will Make the trains run and work, and let you ride them like many pre-release trailers and screenshots pictured.
Strong enough Modding Support will give you ALL the things, ALL the things you never knew you needed, ALL the things you want, and, even ALL the things that you think are stupid and don't want, and totally don't have to download because ... mods are optional.

... and for those on consoles ... don't worry, there's precedent with other games opening up Mod Support for consoles. It's not impossible.

Instead of complaining about boobs, or tiolets, or fire hydrants, or ... whatever, complain about the severely restricted Modding, and make all the noise to get all the resources and toolkits released so, Modders can do what they do best.

Modders will even FIX ALL THE BUGS ... but, we shouldn't depend on them just for that. They can certainly do that, and do that quicker than CDPR, and give us lots of satisfaction while we wait for Official stuff ... and sure, a shouldn't have to "need" mods, but, having robust, flexible, wide-open modding is better than sitting around, and making threads complaining about trivial things and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and getting upset feefees because the game just isn't blowing air up skirts like ya wanna. :)

Ask for better, stronger, more open and flexible modding.
Modding is the Jesus you didn't know you needed, and it can give you ALL the things.

:)

Consoles have almost no modding support for a reason. It's a lot of extra steps for the developer (because it has to be tied to their game), the publisher (same reason but on the storefront for the console) and the console manufacturer (because it's on their console). Precedent or not, there is little reason to expect modding support at all, let alone stuff strong enough to solve these issues.

Additionally, if CDPR were to delegate all of these problems to modders, what do you think that'll say about them? That's not going to reflect well on the company and destroy most, if not all, of what little faith players had after all of the promises.

Modding is not the end-all solution you're claiming it to be. If CDPR wants to make it up to players, they'll fix the broken promises themselves. They could very well pull a "No Man's Sky" and over deliver.

Consoles have almost no modding support for a reason. It's a lot of extra steps for the developer (because it has to be tied to their game), the publisher (same reason but on the storefront for the console) and the console manufacturer (because it's on their console). Precedent or not, there is little reason to expect modding support at all, let alone stuff strong enough to solve these issues.

Additionally, if CDPR were to delegate all of these problems to modders, what do you think that'll say about them? That's not going to reflect well on the company and destroy most, if not all, of what little faith players had after all of the promises.

Modding is not the end-all solution you're claiming it to be. If CDPR wants to make it up to players, they'll fix the broken promises themselves. They could very well pull a "No Man's Sky" and over deliver.

ummm, I suggest ZERO delegation of ANYTHING to Modders.

Perhaps you misunderstand the entire concept of the Modding community?

CDPR STILL DOES ALL THE WORK. They Still work their rear ends off to do all the patches, all the bug fixes, all the DLCs they've planned, all the improvements, changes, and whatever else they've planned, been planning andwere/are going to do no matter what you, or me, or anyone else says.

All of that, however, take this thing called TIME.
You might be tickled to giggles to sit around, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, and waiting some for the next patch, the next bugfix, the next update, the next official thing ... and, those things are going to happen ... eventually.
CDPR is working of the things they need to work on.

The thing with Modders, however, that's more of an optics, and pressure relief thing.
If the game were opened up for unrestricted Modding, instead of the restricted, clamped down, barely moddable access we have now, lots of things could get got done by the modding community, but, let's say the Modding community got that access, and started putting out Unofficial Community Bugfixes.
It doesn't absolve CDPR from STILL doing the very same bugfixes. If anything, it woulc be a wee embarrassing if the Modding community were to fix all the things in a week, what will take a month, or more for Official patches to eventually roll out and do.
But, if modders can do, modders will do, and, that benefits us.

... and Consoles ... there IS precedent for consoles getting access to Mods. A wiget can get got added to the launch screen that lets Consolers to download and add some curated mods. It's been done before with some other games, and is suspect it's not impossible for this game.

... SO ... open and free modding helps CDPR mainly as a distraction of shiny things to keep the gaming community happy and occupied with all those shiny things while CDPR KEEPS WORKING. Happy, distracted gamers are less noisy, and all the youtubers will have something to do than trying to tell empty-headed, easily influenced gonks what they need to think, and can make middys about the newest and best mods.
Open and free modding helps you, me, and other gamers because it IS distractiong, and it gives us all sorts of things to playwith and be distracted by ...
WHILE.
WE.
WAIT.
for CDPR to do all the things they are going to do.

Nothing that CDPR is doing, or going to do changes. There's not much you or me as peon consumers can do or say to change the course of that river. We can, however, explore adjacent offerings, and more so if modding is opened up instead of the heavy restriction that's in place now.
You can fight the river if you want to, but, it'll get you nowhere. Wouldn't it be nicer to sit, and wait with some enjoyable fuzzy fruity drinks and laugh at the spectacle of all the helpless thrashing about of everyone else trying to fight the river?
eh.

If they would tell us they plan to fix all the content issues with updates or free DLCs it would do a lot to alleviate tension. I completely agree we shouldn't delegate anything to the modders UNLESS... wait for it ... they put them on the payroll! Let's face it it's obvious CD projekt Red needs help and it would be an unprecedented move. It would be a huge step towards the recognition the modding Community deserves and it would be a huge injection of positive PR. Despite CD projekt Red's broken promises I still think they will eventually respond to the cut content demands. All we need is a little Faith trust and pixie dust so to speak. And also to not let them forget how pissed we are of course.

If they would tell us they plan to fix all the content issues with updates or free DLCs it would do a lot to alleviate tension. I completely agree we shouldn't delegate anything to the modders UNLESS... wait for it ... they put them on the payroll! Let's face it it's obvious CD projekt Red needs help and it would be an unprecedented move. It would be a huge step towards the recognition the modding Community deserves and it would be a huge injection of positive PR. Despite CD projekt Red's broken promises I still think they will eventually respond to the cut content demands. All we need is a little Faith trust and pixie dust so to speak. And also to not let them forget how pissed we are of course.

A problem with CDPR coming and saying ... things ... magic words that make people's feefees get the tickles is that there are likely lots of legal reasons behind the scenes that prevent them from doing so.
There's also the cultural standard and fixing a huge number of things FIRST, and then saying all the magic words, because AFTER a lot of things are fixed, CDPR doesn't have just empty magic words. They have PROOF that their words have meaning and hold weight.
"We saw the problems, we heard about the issues, and we fixed THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS and THIS ... and, we continue to fix things, and work to making the game better ... insert magic words of conciliatory apologetic feels that blows air up people's skirts here"

The problem with putting modders on a payrole is you suddenly get things like labor laws, taxes, deadlines, performance checks, expectations, liabilities, and lots of things that actually kind of stifle creativity.
Alternatively, IF modding access is opened up, instead of the restricted access there is now, CDPR could purchase rights to certain mods, or potentially hire a couple super extra modders that show some real talent, but, all in all, the Modding Community work the way it works because it's all done with passion, in free time, without anyone's approval.
That freedom lets modders turn the dragons in Skyrim into Thomas the Tank Engine train, or lets modders create other ridiculous, stupid, funny, and pretty much useless mods, but, it also harbors that creative drive to create useful needed/wanted things and all the notoriety that comes with it.
Notable Modder names in the community suddenly become faceless, anonymous drones, and no one knows they created XYZ in the official DLC if they get put on payrole. In the Modding Community, their name is known. They get fans of their own, and that little bit of extra personalized praise and encouragement for the awesomeness of their creations.

.. but that's one perspective.

That patch was and I hate to say this a disaster a few things they say it's fixed actually are fixed other things are still broken but in different ways such as this brand new game breaking never ending Takemura call but that's not the point. All I'm saying is addressing the public about its grievances rather than completely ignore us might actually be helpful I'm sure a lot of the larger issues will get handled in the future such as character customisation, A.I., and driving Etc. I'm not even saying they got to tell us a plan or anything just a little bit of acknowledgement would be a huge relief not only to us but to them. But I can see what you mean from a legal standpoint considering the two ongoing class action lawsuits in the intervention of U.O.K.I.K.. that can't be helping stress in the workplace.

That patch was and I hate to say this a disaster a few things they say it's fixed actually are fixed other things are still broken but in different ways such as this brand new game breaking never ending Takemura call but that's not the point. All I'm saying is addressing the public about its grievances rather than completely ignore us might actually be helpful I'm sure a lot of the larger issues will get handled in the future such as character customisation, A.I., and driving Etc. I'm not even saying they got to tell us a plan or anything just a little bit of acknowledgement would be a huge relief not only to us but to them. But I can see what you mean from a legal standpoint considering the two ongoing class action lawsuits in the intervention of U.O.K.I.K.. that can't be helping stress in the workplace.

... and because there's at lease TWO class action suits starting up, if CDPR says ANYHTING, no matter what they say, no matter how nice it is, it could cost them very seriously in court.
They have more than just some upset gamers to worry about.
They have investors with over $1 Million sunk into the company, partner companies like Sony they have deals and agreements with, there's also the angry gamers that want their little feels to stop being icky, and then, there's the legal problem with those class action suits.
If one thing is said that makes one group happy, it can cause lots of damage with another different group.

Welcome to how Companies work that have international concerns and multiple layers of relationships, some of those "relationships" hostile.

We're not talking about some single individual person that can walk up to one gamer and give them a hug and everything will be rainbows. This is a Company that trades stock, and has partnerships, and legal agreements, and contracts, and so much more with Sony, Microsoft, Google ... all the retail outlets, and so much more ... including you, me, and every other gonk gamer that spent some petty little bit of crinkled paper to buy the game.

Companies are complicated animals, and it might sound nice for you to hear all the words that make your eyes get all anime big with tears of joy, but, those same words could basically cut their throats in court, or maybe even cause some of their other business relationships to start filing their own legal suits.
It's a tricky thing.
It aint simple.
There's lots of moving parts.

... and because there's at lease TWO class action suits starting up, if CDPR says ANYHTING, no matter what they say, no matter how nice it is, it could cost them very seriously in court.
They have more than just some upset gamers to worry about.
They have investors with over $1 Million sunk into the company, partner companies like Sony they have deals and agreements with, there's also the angry gamers that want their little feels to stop being icky, and then, there's the legal problem with those class action suits.
If one thing is said that makes one group happy, it can cause lots of damage with another different group.

Welcome to how Companies work that have international concerns and multiple layers of relationships, some of those "relationships" hostile.

We're not talking about some single individual person that can walk up to one gamer and give them a hug and everything will be rainbows. This is a Company that trades stock, and has partnerships, and legal agreements, and contracts, and so much more with Sony, Microsoft, Google ... all the retail outlets, and so much more ... including you, me, and every other gonk gamer that spent some petty little bit of crinkled paper to buy the game.

Companies are complicated animals, and it might sound nice for you to hear all the words that make your eyes get all anime big with tears of joy, but, those same words could basically cut their throats in court, or maybe even cause some of their other business relationships to start filing their own legal suits.
It's a tricky thing.
It aint simple.
There's lots of moving parts.
They lied to our faces about the content and quality of this game they're probably going to get fined anyway. But according to the news the game was the biggest digital launch in video game history so they're probably going to be okay on that front if it's any consolation to those worried about the collapse of the company. "we hear you stop yapping" is all I mean by acknowledgement just so we know we're being heard. But I feel like there's an objective 75% chance we'll get some of the stuff we're mad about later this year I mean it would be crazy if they just ignored it completely I just can't see that happening.

Last edited:
ummm, I suggest ZERO delegation of ANYTHING to Modders.

Perhaps you misunderstand the entire concept of the Modding community?

CDPR STILL DOES ALL THE WORK. They Still work their rear ends off to do all the patches, all the bug fixes, all the DLCs they've planned, all the improvements, changes, and whatever else they've planned, been planning andwere/are going to do no matter what you, or me, or anyone else says.

All of that, however, take this thing called TIME.
You might be tickled to giggles to sit around, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, and waiting some for the next patch, the next bugfix, the next update, the next official thing ... and, those things are going to happen ... eventually.
CDPR is working of the things they need to work on.

The thing with Modders, however, that's more of an optics, and pressure relief thing.
If the game were opened up for unrestricted Modding, instead of the restricted, clamped down, barely moddable access we have now, lots of things could get got done by the modding community, but, let's say the Modding community got that access, and started putting out Unofficial Community Bugfixes.
It doesn't absolve CDPR from STILL doing the very same bugfixes. If anything, it woulc be a wee embarrassing if the Modding community were to fix all the things in a week, what will take a month, or more for Official patches to eventually roll out and do.
But, if modders can do, modders will do, and, that benefits us.

... and Consoles ... there IS precedent for consoles getting access to Mods. A wiget can get got added to the launch screen that lets Consolers to download and add some curated mods. It's been done before with some other games, and is suspect it's not impossible for this game.

... SO ... open and free modding helps CDPR mainly as a distraction of shiny things to keep the gaming community happy and occupied with all those shiny things while CDPR KEEPS WORKING. Happy, distracted gamers are less noisy, and all the youtubers will have something to do than trying to tell empty-headed, easily influenced gonks what they need to think, and can make middys about the newest and best mods.
Open and free modding helps you, me, and other gamers because it IS distractiong, and it gives us all sorts of things to playwith and be distracted by ...
WHILE.
WE.
WAIT.
for CDPR to do all the things they are going to do.

Nothing that CDPR is doing, or going to do changes. There's not much you or me as peon consumers can do or say to change the course of that river. We can, however, explore adjacent offerings, and more so if modding is opened up instead of the heavy restriction that's in place now.
You can fight the river if you want to, but, it'll get you nowhere. Wouldn't it be nicer to sit, and wait with some enjoyable fuzzy fruity drinks and laugh at the spectacle of all the helpless thrashing about of everyone else trying to fight the river?
eh.

For starters, I'm not denying that there was precedent on mods being available for consoles. As you said though, they'd be curated. They'd be approved and ported over which is work the company is doing with micromanagement rather than fixing the problems.

Frankly, I'm not super concerned with the fixes because my concerns are basically QOL/Fixes. I'm not gonna suggest CDPR rush things either. What I will do is suggest things for them to fix/change/add, see if they gain enough popularity to warrant being added in.

For starters, I'm not denying that there was precedent on mods being available for consoles. As you said though, they'd be curated. They'd be approved and ported over which is work the company is doing with micromanagement rather than fixing the problems.

Frankly, I'm not super concerned with the fixes because my concerns are basically QOL/Fixes. I'm not gonna suggest CDPR rush things either. What I will do is suggest things for them to fix/change/add, see if they gain enough popularity to warrant being added in.

um, it would take all of like 2 or 3 people ... minimum wage interns, kids right out of high-school ... working from home, , under a manager that's managing other things, but, can final-approve anything they initial approve with a quick glance, people that usually make sure the coffee pot is full in the office and the printers are full of paper. Curating and testing mods against builds on a few machines ... Mods that come with serious disclaimers ... it's unskilled work, sooooo, it would not require the diversion of any resources that are doing the real coding, and serious technical work.

Have you ever downloaded and tested a mod? It's not that big of a challenge.

It's not like there's only 10 peopleon the entire planet and their labor pool is limited to the facility of just one giant hand or something.
CDPR can pull cheap hires for cheap jobs like test/curating mods without any neggy impact on current efforts to improve/fix game.

Last edited:

Guest 4519094

a good quality mod with some kind of renown in a community can even be an asset in your CV ;)
if for some reason you've been reading this thread and wondering how this all works, start by checking out some .ini or .lua files in your game folder, fiddle around have some fun (save your original files before!!) also the moment someone finds the console command to spawn ennemies it's open season ;) custom scenarii, multiplayer .. the sky is the limit ;
glhf

The ability to customize the body (and to a lesser extent, the clothes, too...) sends mixed signals about the game direction and scope. The current system was not made to take into account physical differences. Even the 'large' breast size feels like an afterthought not only because the breasts get 'automagically' resized when wearing any kind of garment, but also because, in photo mode, they clearly clip with the arms in most poses.

The default breasts size and shape is not without fault, either: they look like they're being squeezed by an invisible bra and they're half spherical, with no actual nipple features; only the normal texturing gives an impression of 3D. In short, they look like one of those cheap 'nude mods' that many games have and that are made by slapping a modified texture on top of the standard model.

For these reasons, I really doubt the intention was to have a game with body customization until the very last moment, when it must have been added more as a 'checkbox' feature (deep customization was one of the features hyped) than the true ability to customize one's look.

Last edited:
The ability to customize the body (and to a lesser extent, the clothes, too...) sends mixed signals about the game direction and scope. The current system was not made to take into account physical differences. Even the 'large' breast size, feels like an afterthought not only because the breasts get 'automagically' resized when wearing any king of garment, but also because, in photo mode, they clearly clip with the arms in most poses.

The default breasts size and shape is not without fault, either: they look like they're being squeezed by an invisible bra and they're half spherical, with no actual nipple features; only the normal texturing gives an impression of 3D. In short, they look like one of those cheap 'nude mods' that many games have and that are made by slapping a modified texture on top of the standard model.

For these reasons, I really doubt the intention was to have a game with body customization until the very last moment, when it must have been added more as a 'checkbox' feature (deep customization was one of the features hyped) than the true ability to customize one's look.
100% agree. I mean we already know several other features in the game we're afterthoughts the police being the big example and it's pretty easy to see that not a lot of effort was put into it. I mean it's so depressing. Immersion stuff like character creations, life path and, City interaction we're personally the reasons I've been interested in this game. It was announced the year I graduated high school and I've been keeping tabs on it ever since. And I've been a fan of the table top for even longer. So this was literally a childhood dream for me and... well... Here we are.

Last edited:
Well, all one can hope for is that it gets 'fixed'. Whereby I call it fixed between captions because of mixed idea on wether its broken or not.
Regardless of the technical aspect, it does undermine the idea of having a customizable feature that has zero impact in the game. Not to mention that in FP-PoV, its already a discussion on how much it adds, but when you look down on the ground it should be noticeable. And then ofcourse there's the inventory view aswell as car/cycle view.

The talk about mods I start to find increasingly annoying to an extend because it doesn't help console players. And this seems to be one of those features the game should be clear about what it wants, regardless of a mod.

Top Bottom