Large share of The Witcher reviews

+
Large share of The Witcher reviews

Admittedly it hasn’t been a long period of time since our last comparison of The Witcher reviews, nevertheless so many new reviews of our game have been published, that we couldn’t resist creating another one ;). This time we focus on Italy, Germany, and Benelux countries.FR Inpact virtuel review 9/10 “it’s too hard to quit this game!”FR Gamekult review 7/10 “Beautiful, long, intense. The Witcher is a success”BLX, GameParty, 89% “The first game of CD Projekt is an instant gem! Outstanding story and many many hours of great gameplay”BLX, Gunk, 85% + Most Wanted award “The Witcher is a AAA game that every RPG gamer has got to get”BLX, Chief, 86% + Best PC Game of the Month “The Witcher is a game in the higher regions of role-playing heaven, CD Projekt tries everything to kick the RPG genre into the next generation and they in fact manage to do this”BLX, PlayAgain, 8/10 “a beautiful and very complete RPG which succeeds on every level.”BLX, PCMWeb, 5/5 “a gift from heaven for every serious RPG gamer”BLX, GameZ, 88% “simply the best game in its genre”BLX, Gamer, 8/10 “the perfect game for this raw winter weather. The Witcher can consider itself among other games like Oblivion, Gothic 3 and the Baldur's Gate series which is a big compliment”BLX, NG Gamer, 80% “Thanks to the fantastic choice-system, magnificent story and great gameplay I was off the streets for a looong time”BLX, Arena 51, 8/10 COOL!! “The Witcher does what it has to do; all RPG fans can buy this wonderful game blindly”BLX, jouwGames, 90% “Loads of content and gameplay. CD Projekt delivered a pure gem. I can recommend The Witcher to every gamer.”BLX, Gamespot, 92% “The Witcher is the new standard in RPG gaming”BLX, Gamersnet, 88% “From graphics to voice acting, everything in the Witcher is great”BLX, Gamert, 86% “This game is unforgettable, a pure gift to everybody who gives this brilliant game a chance”NO Metroxpress.dk review 6/6 “The Witcher is a really good gaming experience with fantastic graphics.”IT Gamesradar.it review 8.5/10 “One of the most inspired RPG to date, a must for all RPG fans!”IT XL di Repubblica – review 4/5 “One of the best game of its genre of recent months”IT Affari & Finanza, (Repubblica), review “One of the best games of its kind in recent months”IT Supereva.it review 9.1/10 “One of the best RPG’s of recent times”IT Lycos.it review “An impressive title and a very good choice in the fantasy games genre”IT mytech.it review 10/10 “amongst the top ranked PC titles of all time”IT fantasymagazine.it review “The Witcher is a must have title for all PC players”IT Win Magazine Giochi review 8.5/10IT Gamestar.it review 98/100 “Magnificent. If we need to use only one word to define this game, magnificent is the right one!”IT Multiplayer.it review 9/10 “The Witcher is at the edges of the Olympus of the videogames”IT everyeye.it review 8/10IT gameplayer.it review 8.2/10IT gamerepublic.it review 26/30 “an intense, deep and passionate journey”IT Virgilio.it review 9/10 “a game with an absolute preciousness and sensibility, a real masterpiece”IT TGCOM.it review “For the maximum fun of both Rpg and action/adventure videogame fans, The Witcher combines an epic story, astounding graphics and deep tactical action”DE Areagames.de review 86% "Geralt of Rivia I want your child!" … "The PC RPG of the year!"DE Frankfurter Rundschau Review “For roleplaying fans The Witcher is a must”DE Demonews.de Review 83% “I can only advise all Roleplaying-fans to get this title”DE Technic3d.com Review 85% “Beautiful visuals … The witcher is cool”DE Gamecaptain.de Review 85% “Geralt’s adventure thrills with its authentic and even humorous atmosphere”DE Fantasyguide.de Review “All friends of ambitious and deep RPGs should take a holiday and sink down in the world of The Witcher for the next few weeks”DE Ln-online.de Review 2 (Schoolgrade: 1 best, 6 worst) “When the intro comes to the screen, you sit there in sheer amazement”DE Mega-Gaming.de Review 85% + Award “thrilling story … No Game before ever featured such a bitter, dark and bad world”DE Gamers.at Review 85% “Top marks for story and atmosphere … The game finds itself amongst the best RPGs of the recent years”DE Stern.de Review “A impressive game”DE Exp.de Review 8.7/10DE CBS Review 2.21 (1 best, 6 worst) “Graphically The Witcher sits at the top of its genre. There is not much else that looks as good”

Very Impressive. It seems the game is doing really well in Europe and not too bad in America either where we have never even heard of The Witcher until this game came along. Even though I had no knowledge of Sapkowski's writings I knew this was gonna be a good game from the first E3 footage I saw over two years ago.

You made it into the German etablished newspaper Frankfurter Rundschau and magazine Stern? :eek: That's quite impressive... I've to get copies of those articles.

PetraSilie said:
You made it into the German etablished newspaper Frankfurter Rundschau and magazine Stern? :eek: That's quite impressive... I've to get copies of those articles.
Wow. I was a little bit disappointed the game didn't make it into Spiegel Online's "angespielt" though.

What do you consider as lesser good ones? ;D Actually then it's one opinion "versus" the readers opions. In such case a reviewer recieves replys like
This review illustrates perfectly how detached game reviewers are from the gaming community, common sense and principles and tenets of their profession.
... amongst others ^^Read the full comments here and decide who hit the mark ;Dbtwthis is not from Europe nor the States but from Down Under. I think we haven't had this yet: IGN Australia

very good sale on pay2download sites:5th Place - Direct 2 Drive
1st Place - Metaboli

Two of the largest gaming magazines in the UK have reviewed the game and both reviews are rather dissapointing in many ways.PCGamer's Alec Meer gave it 67%PCFormat's John Walker gave it 60%I think the PCGamer review is a complete disgrace as it both makes factual errors and misrepresents the game badly. Both through the screenshots (which make it look sub Jade Empire arcadey fare) and the text where the reviewer constantly refers to Geralt as "Albino Viggo Mortensen". I just got the feeling that his complaints: lack of jump and "detached" sword fighting stemmed from him running around in OTS mode and wondering why this isn't like a third person action game. The screenshots, as well as making the game look horribly ugly, only show action from the first two acts well, act 1 and then what you could've got within 10 seconds of act 2. Coupling this with Alec Meer reviewing 3!!! other games and his complaint about too much time running around i'd be inclined to say he didn't give the witcher the time it deserved and maybe never got very far into the game. I think for sure he didn't relax and try to enjoy and how are you ever going to truly appreciate a game unless you do that?The PCFormat review is slightly different. The score is slightly more dissapointing but the review content gives a bit better insight into why the reviewer didn't enjoy the game. For one thing he really didn't like the dialogue and seemed to dwell on the grammatical errors of the translation. He also thought the massive amount of cutscene and dialogue at the start made a poor first impression (another reviewer in a rush?). At least he does note how good the game looks even if the screenshots, again, don't show it. they've all been taken in the dark and rain presumably from within 10 minutes of starting act 1. When I think of the shambolic beauty of the graveyard or the majesty of the palace it's really galling that dark paths and a few barrels are the best these shots show of the games fantastic architecture. Most revealing is at the end where talks about the massive amount of bugs and crashes when he saves. This shows that he must be playing the pre-patch version and in that light I can understand why he wouldn't enjoy the game as much.

Top Bottom