Last patch feels like sabotage

+
After the patch, Gwent crashes on startup on my laptop. Something Unity related. And yes, this laptop with its GPUs had prior issues with Unity, but before the patch Gwent was running fine on it.

On my older PC, the fix for the old Radeon card doesn't work anymore – the game crashes when trying to choose a new cardback, not to mention new leader skin. Again, this Monday everything worked fine.

On my Android phone the game froze three matches in a row (extremely frustrating, since I had good chances of winning those games). This never happened before the patch.

And to add insult to injury – cooldown on the event's progress? I got my three wins this morning, finished the second pilgrim – and the game just tells me to wait 4 days?!

Last edited:
This patch feels like they've sabotaged draft mode entirely.

I've only played once, but it was a terrible experience. The game forces you to take one of out 3 bad pods with no interaction inside the pod. There was a dead card in each of those 3 pods. I opted for the "get a nature spell" dryad but failed to find a single pod (!) with any nature card. There a numerous examples. In the previous draft model, at least every pod was internally consistent. Plus you had an increased chance to draw support pods. This one allows you to be.

"Players will receive the option to add, and then remove a single package after each match."

There's no 'option'. You're forced to add one. As a jest, after the first game I had to scrap either of my 3 best pods. At least give the player the option of deleting the worst one.

The whole point of draft games is that you draft one card at a time. Gwent's entire spectrum of horrible options makes it very likely (apparently) to draw a crappy pod.

Occasionally, you match up against a player with an equally terrible deck. But it's not fun for either player, I reckon...

This patch feels like they've sabotaged draft mode entirely.
Well, my post was about a totally different patch, but it seems it's a universal title these days. :)
I've only played once, but it was a terrible experience. The game forces you to take one of out 3 bad pods with no interaction inside the pod. There was a dead card in each of those 3 pods. I opted for the "get a nature spell" dryad but failed to find a single pod (!) with any nature card. There a numerous examples. In the previous draft model, at least every pod was internally consistent. Plus you had an increased chance to draw support pods. This one allows you to be.

"Players will receive the option to add, and then remove a single package after each match."

There's no 'option'. You're forced to add one. As a jest, after the first game I had to scrap either of my 3 best pods. At least give the player the option of deleting the worst one.

The whole point of draft games is that you draft one card at a time. Gwent's entire spectrum of horrible options makes it very likely (apparently) to draw a crappy pod.

Occasionally, you match up against a player with an equally terrible deck. But it's not fun for either player, I reckon...

I understand that Arena wasn't too popular, but for me it was a chance of playing a truely random deckbuilder where you had to choose to either avoiding mechanics-specific cards or hoping you'd get some cards later for powerful synergy. Draft always felt like it was mostly forcing you into one of the stale archetypes. And they managed to make it even more rigid?

Top Bottom