Last Wish (Book)

+
sv3672;n10880981 said:
I do not think it is really because of the djinn, but the events of the games do give a chance for his relationships to develop in directions that were not possible during the time frame of the books. I definitely agree with the first part, it is a value in any RPG to allow room for the player's imagination regarding what the protagonist would do in various situations. And in The Witcher series, your decisions can sometimes also lead to unexpected outcomes.

Thanks - ya, I love the freedom they give you.

Reason I choose to chalk it up to the djinn is simply because I put myself in Geralt's shoes and there's just no way I would ever even consider choosing to try to have a relationship with Yennefer given her behavior. I'd have to be high on drugs to want to suffer through that type of toxic relationship - after the "event" in early Book 2, there's just no way I'd ever consider any type of emotional relationship with Yennefer. Ever. So the djinn it is. :D

Pythro;n10883291 said:
Great to read everyone’s views on this topic. It is what I was hoping for. I feel like if I had read the books (if I had known there were books at the time) I probably wouldn’t have such a dislike for Yen. But since I had spent more time with Triss in the games I just grew to like her as a person and character. Even in the game when you go to that Witch hunter guy (forgot his name) in search of Ciri, Triss is willing to be tortured so you can get information. Yen I believe would have just started massive chaos. Now Triss does burn the place at the end but I feel like Yens actions would have been much worse. I never really let the torture go all the way though because I am too good of a person for that.

That at was probably one of my main reasons for not wanting to read the books when I found out there were books. I like the Triss and Geralt relationship from the game.

I also wanted to add in my first post that I loved the fairy tail references in the book. Like princes rescuing princesses from towers. The whole Rumplestilskin reference. And the guy who was cursed to look like an animal reminded me of beauty and the beast.

Ya, I was like you, I was totally sold on Triss but after I had played the games a couple times, I just wanted to fully understand what took place in the lore between Yennefer & Geralt so that I could make a fully "informed" decision. I started reading the books sort of hoping I'd "see the light" on why Geralt has this ~20 year relationship with Yennefer, but like I mentioned in my earlier post, I came out of the books disliking Yennefer even more intensely than before I read them. Now I don't hate her as a character overall - she can be an excellent ally to have on your side if you're going to war with somebody, but when it comes to an emotionally bonding relationship like you'd have with your wife, she's simply broken and does not function like a normal person, and I don't believe she ever can and I attribute a lot of that to her bad childhood. After reading the books I'm 100% content with choosing Triss. :)

Razrback16;n10883451 said:
Now Triss does burn the place at the end but I feel like Yens actions would have been much worse.

Yen doesn't kill anyone during her main quests on Skellige, if you don't count plants and a man who was already dead. Same can't be said about actions of Triss or Geralt during their own search for Ciri.

Pashadm1;n10883571 said:
Yen doesn't kill anyone during her main quests on Skellige, if you don't count plants and a man who was already dead. Same can't be said about actions of Triss or Geralt during their own search for Ciri.

You quoted the wrong person.

Guest 3847602

Pythro;n10883291 said:
Triss is willing to be tortured so you can get information.

Ahem... Triss is not the only one willing to endure torture for Ciri... Someone else already did that, for much, much longer than those 2-3 minutes.

Bottom line is - Sapkowski clearly didn't want Geralt and Yennefer to have a type of relationship like the one Triss and Geralt can optionally have in TW3 (Thanks God for that!). His books are still worth reading on their own, regardless of video game romances.

Pythro;n10883291 said:
Great to read everyone’s views on this topic. It is what I was hoping for. I feel like if I had read the books (if I had known there were books at the time) I probably wouldn’t have such a dislike for Yen. But since I had spent more time with Triss in the games I just grew to like her as a person and character. Even in the game when you go to that Witch hunter guy (forgot his name) in search of Ciri, Triss is willing to be tortured so you can get information. Yen I believe would have just started massive chaos. Now Triss does burn the place at the end but I feel like Yens actions would have been much worse. I never really let the torture go all the way though because I am too good of a person for that.

That at was probably one of my main reasons for not wanting to read the books when I found out there were books. I like the Triss and Geralt relationship from the game.

Well Yennefer was tortured as well and much worse... and killing so many witch hunters is... pretty chaotic, too ;)
It seems not quite fair to put Yennefer in this light. She gave so much up to save the ones she loves the most. Put her life in danger, made a whole country to her enemy just to find her daughter etc.... so it's not really fair to show Yennefer as an evil witch and Triss a kind of nice redeemer ;)

Razrback16;n10883451 said:
Thanks - ya, I love the freedom they give you.

Reason I choose to chalk it up to the djinn is simply because I put myself in Geralt's shoes and there's just no way I would ever even consider choosing to try to have a relationship with Yennefer given her behavior. I'd have to be high on drugs to want to suffer through that type of toxic relationship - after the "event" in early Book 2, there's just no way I'd ever consider any type of emotional relationship with Yennefer. Ever. So the djinn it is. :D

Ya, I was like you, I was totally sold on Triss but after I had played the games a couple times, I just wanted to fully understand what took place in the lore between Yennefer & Geralt so that I could make a fully "informed" decision. I started reading the books sort of hoping I'd "see the light" on why Geralt has this ~20 year relationship with Yennefer, but like I mentioned in my earlier post, I came out of the books disliking Yennefer even more intensely than before I read them. Now I don't hate her as a character overall - she can be an excellent ally to have on your side if you're going to war with somebody, but when it comes to an emotionally bonding relationship like you'd have with your wife, she's simply broken and does not function like a normal person, and I don't believe she ever can and I attribute a lot of that to her bad childhood. After reading the books I'm 100% content with choosing Triss. :)

And here is the easy answer. You as the gamer choose, and for your POV you choose Triss. And this is okay and you are free to do it. But Geralt wouldn't. In the games you can control a Fanfic Geralt and can make him do whatever you want. In the books and novels there is only Geralt and his will, and he wants to be with Yennefer.
I know what you want to say with "in his shoes" but this is exactly the point. Geralt is a very difficult character and so is Yennefer. And the D'Jinni was one reason for her love, but not the only one and not in a magical way. The love came without any wish or so :)

Deemonef;n10884071 said:
And here is the easy answer. You as the gamer choose, and for your POV you choose Triss. And this is okay and you are free to do it. But Geralt wouldn't. In the games you can control a Fanfic Geralt and can make him do whatever you want. In the books and novels there is only Geralt and his will, and he wants to be with Yennefer. I know what you want to say with "in his shoes" but this is exactly the point. Geralt is a very difficult character and so is Yennefer. And the D'Jinni was one reason for her love, but not the only one and not in a magical way. The love came without any wish or so

I agree with some of what you say - had Sapkowski written the script for the Witcher games, there would have been no choice - the unhealthy relationship between Geralt & Yennefer would have been shoved down the player's throat, so I am very thankful CDPR fixed that and gave the player the ability to make what I consider to be more reasonable choices.

As far as the djinn, I simply disagree with you. :)

Unhealthy relationship... more reasonable choice... well. As I said: for some gamers, but not for Geralt. It's pretty mean to call it that way, cause for Geralt and Yennefer it is not unhealthy and stuff. At the end this relationship formed them over a long time to better persons :)

Some people started with the Geralt-Saga through the games. CDPR changed a lot from the book lore and one thing was, that they said, the last wish was that Geralt want to be together with Yennefer forever. Sadly this is not the book lore, and now many people think this is what Geralt wished for.
The truth is, Geralt just made a wish to save Yennefer's life. So it was love, but the wish was spoken cause of Geralt's new found love. No wish about living together or loving each other. Simply saving Yennefer's life with a wish. This reason and that Geralt was able to wish everything he wanted and didn't do it are the facts that Yennefer fell in love with him.
So yes, the D'Jinni was some kind of trigger for the relationship, but not some magical wish or bond ;)

But game and book lore are different, and this is in this case a bit sad.

Last edited:
Deemonef;n10884141 said:
Unhealthy relationship... more reasonable choice... well. As I said, for some gamers, but not for Geralt. It's pretty mean to call it that way, cause for Geralt and Yennefer it is not unhealthy and stuff. At the end this relationship formed them over a long time to better persons.

No offense is intended in my describing it the way I do, it's just simply the type of relationship it is and I generally just call a spade a spade. Emotionally, their relationship is very unhealthy and borderline abusive. If it was a good relationship, they wouldn't constantly be breaking up and then get pulled back together by Geralt's wish of having his fate intertwined with Yennefer's.
Yennefer wouldn't be taking him to a city with her where she intends to (and does) cheat on him without his knowledge after having slept with him the night before.
Yennefer wouldn't be constantly hiding her plans from someone she "loves", etc. or disrespecting Geralt's friends the way she does. Or blaming him for sleeping with Triss when he'd had amnesia. The list is endless.

If Yennefer showed growth in some areas such as being more warm and loving as well as trusting toward Geralt, it would probably give me pause and cause me to have sit back and really think about whether or not to dump Yennefer in the Last Wish quest during the game. That's honestly what I looked for throughout W3 after having read all the books - I wanted to see Yennefer grow in the alleged relationship with Geralt, but she never does, so at least for me, it's a really easy choice to kick her to the friend zone. :D

Deemonef;n10884141 said:
Some people started with the Geralt-Saga through the games. CDPR changed a lot from the book lore and one thing was, that they said, the last wish was that Geralt want to be together with Yennefer forever. Sadly this is not the book lore, and now many people think this is what Geralt wished for.

No worries, I am not one of those folks who believes that. His wish was to have their fates bound together and he knew that would save her life from the djinn during the first book.

Deemonef;n10884141 said:
The truth is, Geralt just made a wish to save Yennefer's life. So it was love, but the wish was spoken cause of Geralt's new found love.

That's your interpretation, which I do not share. (again, no offense)
They'd literally just met and she'd been mostly manipulating Geralt during that first meeting like she does with most people, ultimately casting a spell on him having him walk around and beat the snot out of everyone who'd offended her in that city.

Deemonef;n10884141 said:
No wish about living together or loving each other. Simply saving Yennefer's life with a wish. This reason and that Geralt was able to wish everything he wanted and didn't do it are the facts that Yennefer fell in love with him.

Again, your interpretation of the events in the books which I do not share.

Deemonef;n10884141 said:
So yes, the D'Jinni was some kind of trigger for the relationship, but not some magical wish or bond ;)

Disagree.

Deemonef;n10884141 said:
The game and book lore are different, and this is in this case a bit sad.

Strongly disagree about it being sad. :) If they had written the games forcing Yennefer on the player, I do not believe the game would have been as popular as it is - the freedom the developer gave the player in the game, from the romances to other areas of the game (choices during quests) was really really cool and held a lot of value for many players. I hold no ill-will toward folks who choose Yennefer, they simply interpret some of the lore differently than other folks, like me, which is fine.

While I completely agree that this is a failed dysfunctional relationship, and while I wouldn't like someone as Yen even as a casual friend IRL, I don't think I can chose someone else than Yen in a future play through. She is a terrible choice for anybody as a romantic interest, not only for Geralt (
I mean what was Istredd thinking?
), but to me she is the only choice for Geralt from his point of view, at least in the books. Sure I think that a couple of sessions with a therapist may have made him seen the light regarding Yen but since that isn't an option Yen it is. On the bright side I can romance guilt free any woman in the game with Yen as my choice, while I remained "faithful" to Triss in my first game.
Btw in the books I liked a lot more Geralt with
Fringilla and Essi, just like I liked him more with Triss and Shani in the games, but in the both cases there was the same problem: Geralt loved and will always love only one woman, whatever anyone else thinks about her. Sure he still would prefer not seeing her for years than to spend time with her, because she is all the things that previous posters said she is. Just like she prefers dealing with "countless other men"-Istredd words- than to remain in a monogamous relationship with him, at least for their entire relationship minus their last month and treat him terrible even at the end of the books or in the games when she is with him. But his love for her will also stop him from having an actual healthy relationship with anyone else.
I don't think that I can just write out all their history as a simple wish. I prefer just to chalk up their mutual infatuation to deep psychological issues.

As I said it was kinda unhealthy. You are right about the part with Istredd but after this both started to make great changes in their being. And since the 1st novel the relationship was anything but unhealty. So... there is no really endless list, since the novels started.

And this is no act of interpretation with the wish ;)
If Geralt had wished "Yennefer should love me or be together forever with me" the D'Jinni would do that and killed Yennefer right after that. But the D'Jinni didn't killed her, so the wish was about saving Yennefer's live, and this was at this moment only possible to bond their fates (that Yennefer has the same protection as Geralt as the D'Jinni's master).
And again, as Sapkowski already said in some Interviews: Another fact for the love is, what Geralt "not" wished for. He was able to become stronger, invincible, immortal or become a human again, rebuilt the town let there be monster monsters in the world, let there be less monsters in the world etc., but he put that all aside to save the live of Yennefer. That's the real start of the relationship, cause Yennefer knows this.
Even if the wish was the same in the games as it was in the books the gamer would have his/her freedom to make any romance s/he wants.
That's what I meant, when I said it was sad that this part of the lore was changed too. There would be no forcing after all.

In fact like the wish was told in the game this had force Geralt to stay with Yennefer (different than in the book lore) and no freedom in romacing... but it doesn't. Pretty messy when I think about it now ;)

Last edited:
Deemonef;n10884791 said:
You are right about the part with Istredd but after this both started to make great changes in their being. And since the 1st novel the relationship was anything but unhealty. So... there is no really endless list, since the novels started.

major spoilers alert
After Istredd they met at the Belletyn festival, just when Yen was about to bang some random dude (Geralt was turned down by some girl). They only spend one night together. We don't see them together in other instances until the novels to see how much they changed, quite the opposite we only see Geralt alone or with other women. Going by Yen history she continues doing what she usually does. It is unclear how much time they spend together, but it is implied they have a cycle of getting back together for a couple of months and then separating for years. So not changed and not a healthy relationship.

Geralt and Yen don't met in the first novel. They haven't even seen each other for 4 years, not even when they both thought for a time the other one was dead( Yen after Sodden, Geralt when he finds Ciri after Cintra) and then found out that they lived. Yen didn't tell Geralt that she was blind, Geralt preferred to call Triss for help with Ciri. So in the first novel the relation is not only unhealthy, is dying.

They met in the second book because of Ciri, they kiss and make up but after a day Thanedd coup happens. Yen is taken prisoner, a wounded Geralt is left convinced she betrayed him and Ciri- not a healthy relation or a relation at all.

They don't met at all in the third novel, but after Yen escapes she doesn't try to find Geralt. She is convinced that Geralt won't find Ciri and that the only thing he will accomplish is to get himself killed. The only thing she accomplishes by herself is to get herself captured and tortured (she doesn't give up Gelat or Ciri under torture). Meanwhile poor incompetent Geralt still thinks she betrayed them. Once again, the opposite of a healthy relation.

In the last novel, after some nice 3 months spent with Fringilla (3 times more than all the time Geralt and Yen spent together in all the novels), Geralt finds out that Yen didn't betrayed him and where she is kept so he rescues her, and Ciri. They spent approximately a month together punishing the people that wronged Ciri, and after that Yen and Ciri met with the Lodge while Geralt gets himself killed by a peasant. Yen tries to save him but she dies also in the process. And this concludes their relationship. More than 27 years of pain and torment for a one month of happiness (I hope). Yeah... maybe I am not romantic enough, to me this is a train wreck.

To paraphrase Deemonef :

[...]Dandilion snatched the hat decorated with a heron’s feather from his head, spat into it, threw it in the mud and trampled on it, spitting out words in various languages as he did.

‘But he’s . . .’ he groaned suddenly, ‘still got one wish in reserve! He could save both her and himself! Mr Krepp!’

‘It’s not that simple,’ the priest pondered. ‘But if . . . If he expressed the right wish . . . If he somehow tied his fate to the fate . . . No, I don’t think it would occur to him. And it’s probably better that it doesn’t.’

[...]‘The wish, Geralt! Hurry up! What do you desire? Immortality? Riches? Fame? Power? Might? Privileges? Hurry, we haven’t any time!’ He was silent. ‘Humanity,’ she said suddenly, smiling nastily. ‘I’ve guessed, haven’t I? That’s what you want, that’s what you dream of ! Of release, of the freedom to be who you want, not who you have to be. The djinn will fulfil that wish, Geralt. Just say it.’

He stayed silent.[...]

[...]The ceiling cracked open. The djinn, entangled in the net of the now fading rays, tumbled right on top of them, roaring, and in that roar were triumph and murder lust. Yennefer leapt to meet him. Light beamed from her hands. Very feeble light.

The djinn opened his mouth and stretched his paws towards her.

The witcher suddenly understood what it was he wanted.

And he made his wish.

Sapkowski - The Last Wish.jpg

As a bonus :

‘...with Yennefer?’ repeated the red-head, playing with a pearl necklace bound around her neck so tightly that it resembled a collar. ‘Are you kidding me, Sabrina?’

‘Not at all,’ denied Sabrina Glevissig. ‘You won't believe it, but it's been going on for several years. I'm surprised -- how can he stand that harpy.’

‘What's so surprising? She cast a spell on him - keeps him charmed. How many times have I done that myself?’

‘He's a witcher. They cannot be charmed. Not for so long, at least.’

‘In that case, it must be love,’ wistfully sighed the red-head. ‘And love is blind.’

Guest 3847602

Ummm, not sure where this conversation is going, but I'll say this: if one desires he/she doesn't have to dig deep to find the evidence (in books and games both) to bury Triss as far as credible and realistic romance options are concerned.

Couples and relationships that survived adultery do exist IRL. Situations where man hooks up with a woman who used to be a member of the group that blackmailed and wanted to pimp out his daughter in addition to her taking advantage of his amnesia does not exist outside of TW3. :D

One last thing I'll say here is - there are two types of arguments that are almost guarantied to devolve into waifu wars on this forum:
1) Triss is not canon, Yennefer is the only correct choice, blahblahblah...
2) Yennefer is a bitch, her's and Geralt's love is fake, their relationship is toxic, Triss is the only healthy choice, hurr durr...

Last edited by a moderator:
Razrback16;n10884111 said:
I agree with some of what you say - had Sapkowski written the script for the Witcher games, there would have been no choice

We do not know how he would have written the games if his goal was, from the beginning, to write an RPG story with branching paths. And I do not think he commented on the content in the games, as far as I know he did not even play them. Also, I do not agree with the claims by others, stated as hard fact, like "Geralt" would never do something in the games that is in fact there. CDPR already decided for us what their interpretation of the character can or cannot do, when playing the games, those are already well defined limits. Maybe the exact same Geralt from the time of the books would not make certain decisions, but he died in 1268, and the character in the games has been shaped by the events that happened since then, he is no longer exactly the same, but what he really is like now, it is up to the player's imagination. It feels belittling to the game, the developers, and to the other players when I see it stated that there is only one true path and everything else is "fan fiction". If that was really the case, there would be no point to the games' concept of RPG with a pre-defined protagonist, they could just be made as linear action games to save resources. Or they could allow literally everything, if only one choice is real, why put further arbitrary limits on the (already allegedly invalid) alternate paths? Geralt could become the emperor of Nilfgaard, give Ciri to the crones (and live happily ever after with one of them) or Eredin, everything is fair game.

To be fair, I do recognize my point of view is not easy to accept for everyone, that is one of the reasons I would prefer a custom (player created) protagonist in any future Witcher games, similarly to what is apparently planned in Cyberpunk 2077. As much as I like the concept of being able to develop an already defined character like Geralt within a space allowed by CDPR, with the relatively narrow but very well expressed range of role playing, it is just a source of too much trouble and conflict, and I do not think a different pre-defined protagonist (or something similar to Mass Effect) would be better.

Dan_Florian_Eremia;n10884581 said:
but to me she is the only choice for Geralt from his point of view, at least in the books

However, as I noted above, this is not the books. :) Any choice is fine if you can reasonably explain why your interpretation of Geralt would make it. And it does not even have to be as simple as him wanting a specific outcome right from the beginning. For example, he could just turn down The Last Wish quest, being unaware of what consequences that will lead to, and with him being so close to finding Ciri (the quest is normally given right after completing the first act of the main story), it is an understandable decision from his point of view not to spend time on such quest. So, the story takes such direction that he cannot end up with Yennefer, but he does not know at the time. In hindsight, the outcome can be understood, their relationship has been damaged, he prioritizes Ciri over Yennefer's personal matters at just the wrong time, and then that bed in Kaer Morhen serves as the final straw. The witcher then needs allies to defend Kaer Morhen, he travels to Novigrad and helps Triss evacuate the mages (previously, finding Ciri was more important). He is also lonely now, and it is understandable if he wants to return to his lover from more recent times. Or he ends up alone after all. And even if the ending differs from what he wanted initially, it can in fact still be good. Of course, all that is only one possible take on the story, to illustrate why I do not agree with there being "the only choice". It is a matter of imagination, even if you think the protagonist is in a dysfunctional relationship that he is unable to leave on his own, you can make it so that essentially fate decides for him.

By the way, the consequences to not playing The Last Wish are among the reasons why I do not think the effect of the wish was like it may appear from the literal interpretation of Geralt's line if he refuses at the end. But I cannot know for sure what the writers really thought, unless it was explained in an interview, so in the context of the game it could still be valid either way. What I think is important is that all endings are possible without having to rely on the "it was all magic" explanation.

Last edited:
ooodrin;n10885431 said:
One last thing I'll say here is - there are two types of arguments that are almost guarantied to devolve into waifu wars on this forum: 1) Triss is not canon, Yennefer is the only correct choice, blahblahblah... 2) Yennefer is a bitch, her's and Geralt's love is fake, their relationship is toxic, Triss is the only healthy choice, hurr durr...
Let's try a new one:
3)Triss=Yennefer, both equally don't deserve Geralt's heart. TW3 doesn't offer true romance options. ;)

sv3672;n10885921 said:
We do not know how he would have written the games if his goal was, from the beginning, to write an RPG story with branching paths. And I do not think he commented on the content in the games, as far as I know he did not even play them. Also, I do not agree with the claims by others, stated as hard fact, like "Geralt" would never do something in the games that is in fact there. CDPR already decided for us what their interpretation of the character can or cannot do, when playing the games, those are already well defined limits. Maybe the exact same Geralt from the time of the books would not make certain decisions, but he died in 1268, and the character in the games has been shaped by the events that happened since then, he is no longer exactly the same, but what he really is like now, it is up to the player's imagination. It feels belittling to the game, the developers, and to the other players when I see it stated that there is only one true path and everything else is "fan fiction". If that was really the case, there would be no point to the games' concept of RPG with a pre-defined protagonist, they could just be made as linear action games to save resources. Or they could allow literally everything, if only one choice is real, why put further arbitrary limits on the (already allegedly invalid) alternate paths? Geralt could become the emperor of Nilfgaard, give Ciri to the crones (and live happily ever after with one of them) or Eredin, everything is fair game. To be fair, I do recognize my point of view is not easy to accept for everyone, that is one of the reasons I would prefer a custom (player created) protagonist in any future Witcher games, similarly to what is apparently planned in Cyberpunk 2077. As much as I like the concept of being able to develop an already defined character like Geralt within a space allowed by CDPR, with the relatively narrow but very well expressed range of role playing, it is just a source of too much trouble and conflict, and I do not think a different pre-defined protagonist (or something similar to Mass Effect) would be better.

I think you make some good and fair points my friend.

I think that both type of arguments have merit: Triss is not canon, Yennefer is the only correct choice but she is also a bitch and their relationship is toxic:comeatmebro:

sv3672;n10885921 said:
By the way, the consequences to not playing The Last Wish are among the reasons why I do not think the effect of the wish was like it may appear from the literal interpretation of Geralt's line if he refuses at the end
What happens if you refuse the quest? I never even consider it.

Guest 3847602

BadGeralt;n10886181 said:
Let's try a new one:
3)Triss=Yennefer, both equally don't deserve Geralt's heart. TW3 doesn't offer true romance options. ;)
Well, at least it's consistent in applying similar level of scrutiny on two. Either both of them are pieces of shit or none of them are. No mental gymnastics.

Dan_Florian_Eremia;n10886331 said:
Triss is not canon
Since all three games are fanfiction, Triss cannot be any less of a canon choice than Yen. Because it's a choice you can make in fanfiction. Canon material are books and only books. Full stop. If you mean to say "book Geralt" wouldn't chose her instead of Yen, that's a different matter, but I don't see the point in stating the obvious or forcing yourself through something you (as a player) don't enjoy.

Yennefer is the only correct choice

Chosing Yen in the game is not the only correct choice, since there are no correct and incorrect choices in RPG.

their relationship is toxic
Their relationship is not toxic throughout the whole series since both of them grew and evolved as persons through the saga (thanks to the presence of Ciri in their lives), their interactions and conversations on Thanedd and after Stygga Castle are not quite the same in tone as the ones from short stories. There is not a hint of toxicity there.
Dan_Florian_Eremia;n10886361 said:
What happens if you refuse the quest? I never even consider it.
The same thing that happens if you refuse to help Triss with her romance quest - you are locked out of the romance with said character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having read all these replies (expect for big spoiler ones) I am glad I’m not the only one who feels this way about Yen. I mean I know in real life there are toxic relationships, but still I don’t understand why anyone would want to be part of that. It just seems unhealthy and stressful. But I would seriously like a logical explanation why the author (sorry trouble remembering his name) had Geralt basically fall head over heals for Yen. Was it the Violet eyes? Raven Hair? Lilac and Goosbereis? The fact that she took control of his mind and made him do her dirty work? If someone put a love spell on me than so be it, I can look past that. But to manipulate someone and have them do your dirty work and then still treat them like crap is just unforgivable to me.

Also about Yen haveing been a hunchback, is her appearance an illusion or did she fix herself with magic?

I think the best choice for Geralt would have been that dream woman (forgot her name) that you can even have an “relationship” with. Shame. Or maybe no one.

Also I always kill Junior because what he did to those women was ridiculous and barbaric.

Top Bottom