Last Wish Miswording

+
Last Wish Miswording

Says "DRAW" your top 2 cards, doesn't effect Alba Spearmen. I know it is intended and it doesn't draw, but the wording is misleading.

But in both cases you don't draw a card to your hand - because the card gets played right away, without ever showing in your hand. So I'm not sure why Spearmen should trigger here.

devivre;n9719361 said:
But in both cases you don't draw a card to your hand - because the card gets played right away, without ever showing in your hand. So I'm not sure why Spearmen should trigger here.

I know it but the card says "DRAW", the wording is misleading. Same for Thaler. It says "DRAW 2 CARDS" which player thinks it would activate Spearmen twice, but it trigger once. It should be the word "LOOK" like "look at top 2 cards of your deck

Terobero;n9719471 said:
I know it but the card says "DRAW", the wording is misleading. Same for Thaler. It says "DRAW 2 CARDS" which player thinks it would activate Spearmen twice, but it trigger once. It should be the word "LOOK" like "look at top 2 cards of your deck

I still don't see the issue with using the word draw here. As mentioned before, the trigger isn't "drawing" per se but drawing cards to you hand.

However you can always suggest a better wording to CDPR support -> https://www.playgwent.com/de/contact-support

devivre;n9719581 said:
I still don't see the issue with using the word draw here. As mentioned before, the trigger isn't "drawing" per se but drawing cards to you hand.

However you can always suggest a better wording to CDPR support -> https://www.playgwent.com/de/contact-support

The description is inconsistent then, for the Commando Neophyte it says "whenever you draw a card" and still doesn't work with elven mercenary or last wish.

Iuliandrei;n9720251 said:
The description is inconsistent then, for the Commando Neophyte it says "whenever you draw a card" and still doesn't work with elven mercenary or last wish.

In case of Neophytes it seems more like a problem to me, yes.

I agree that the phrasing might be a bit misleading...but that's war.

Second the "Send it in to CDPR Support" idea. :)

I like this idea with draw, play, look, discard to make them more streamlined.

If card from deck goes to your hand = draw
If card from deck goes on the board = play
If card from deck goes back to the deck = look
If card from deck goes to graveyard = discard

This would eliminate the need for description like "draw card to your hand" and inconsistencies like the one between cards like spearman and neophyte.

Iuliandrei;n9722111 said:
I like this idea with draw, play, look, discard to make them more streamlined.

If card from deck goes to your hand = draw
If card from deck goes on the board = play
If card from deck goes back to the deck = look
If card from deck goes to graveyard = discard

This would eliminate the need for description like "draw card to your hand" and inconsistencies like the one between cards like spearman and neophyte.

Perhaps drop this in the Suggestions board. Effective compression of expression is always beneficial for prime, trading card real-estate. Leaves more room for pretty pictures. :)

Perhaps, although on second thought this rule is still flawed. You have cards like Uldaryk which can still use this "look" but doesn't send anything back to the deck.
Things might be more simple than we thought tbh.

Top Bottom