+
Latest patch discussion - 03.07.2017 *Not live yet*

As of now, unofficial patch notes regarding Nilfgaard:

- Spotter - Power changed from 3 to 4
- Alchemist - Power changed from 7 to 8
- Cynthia - Power changed from 4 to 5
- Serrit - Power changed from 7 to 9
- Emhyr var Emreis - Power changed from 4 to 6
- John Calveit - Won't be able to play Gold cards. Imperial Golems will be played before John's ability is triggered
- Stefan Skellen - Power changed from 9 to 10
- Leo Bonhart - Will damage by the revealed Unit's Base Power

Some good changes to reveal decks but Calveit+Cahir combo pretty much dead. Golems are back but at a high price.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of this patch as far as NG goes. I thought the faction was pretty well balanced already. It wasn't seeing a ton of play but only because A) simple fatigue and B) frost and anything Skellige was so hopelessly OP. I don't think it really needed any big changes other than to be left alone and buffed by proxy as certain other factions got weaker. They did some pretty major stuff though.

-For reveal, it's a bit of a trade-off. Buffing Spotter and Cynthia is an obvious boost. Losing the ability to reveal a massive Spotter for 15+ damage with Leo though isn't great. Given the choice, I think I prefer the latter. Anyway, buffs to Serrit and Alchemist are interesting. In my experience, the reveal decks you see most commonly these days run Daerlans, Fire Scorpions and Knights, and consequently focus more on revealing cards from your own hand. This usually means they don't run Serrit or Alchemist though. That being the case, this doesn't seem like much of a buff, directly speaking. That said though, maybe now we'll see a swing back towards more of a disruption/reveal which tries to reveal more of the opponent's hand and set up Serrit/Sweers better.

-I really don't like the Calveit change. He was just fine and didn't need to be messed with. Changing the priority on Golems means we're gonna be back to seeing a ton of really rote Calveit tempo decks again. Of course, I don't think they'll be anywhere near as OP as they used to be. Golems are still at 2 and Calveit is now unable to pull golds. Still, I just don't think this is a terribly interesting deck type. Nobody needed to go out of their way to bring it back. Moreover, it seems to come here at a cost. Calveit is now much worse for any other deck that actually wanted to use him as intended (for greater searchability and utility) instead of just for Golem tempo. So basically, this makes boring decks better while making more interesting decks worse. That kinda sucks.

Yes, because NG was so overpowered last patch...

The main draw of Calveit was seeing your cards and planned draws/thinning around that. Gone now.

I actually preffer alchemists to knights simply because they're targeted reveal cards. Wouldn't want my Letho or Dbomb revealed. I cycle through the deck using the leader plus a gold, so alchemists are nice for revealing enemy cards. Leo is R.I.P. though.

Last edited:
Im leaving NG for good, not gonna even try the Reveal archetype. Yeah, several buffs across the board for reveal, but the nerf to Leo Bonham seems unnecessary. Now you will pretty much have to include Nilfgaardian Knights into your deck in order to pull Leo with a reasonable effect. And of course you better include the Oh-So-OP-2power-Golems and the Foot soldiers in order to thin your deck, because heh, if you dont include those shitty cards into your deck, there is no way to thin it, and thus, no way to reliable draw you "Scorch these guys" win condition they call Spotters.

Besides, it seems that CDPR is forcing alll NG players into playing reveal by destroying other archetypes. Calveit has been killed, and Emhyr is not really a thing, and will remain that way. And honestly, i wont "reinforce" that kind of behaviour from a developer.

So yeah, goodbye NG. Bye to my favorite faction.

Yeah, had some game today versus NG plenty of alchemist even without spoters.

Top Bottom