Launch State of Cyberpunk 2077 - Compilation of Gameplay Issues

+

Guest 4458872

In the hopes that the devs frequent this forum a bit more often than Reddit or Twitter, I thought of compilin a list of all the important feedback regarding gameplay and missing features, aswell as a few QOL improvements to the game. If you spot anything you want to see fixed or implemented in the game, comment on this thread to increase the visibility.

MISSING FEATURES

• Character Customization: There appears to be little to no character customization beyond the inital character creator. There's not even a barber shop or a way to get tattoos in Night City. A way to customize the character (face,body) and add some more cybernetic enhancements (just of visual nature) would go a long way.

• Transmog: With all this focus on fashion in NC from CDPR, it's baffling to me, that there's not even a transmog feature, resulting in our characters mish-mashing together random pieces of clothing and looking like a homeless person. I should be able to wear what I want without it negatively affecting my gameplay. There needs to be a transmog feature and more options to buy and obtain clothing and wearables.

• Vehicle Customization: Same with this one. Just some basic exterior modifications would be great.

• Apartment Customization: Change furniture or colors, maybe include a spot to highlight collectibles or cool weapons. Even better, include the option to buy different apartments in the late/endgame.

• Merchant Stores: A bigger quantity and variety of merchant stores would go hand in hand with the requested features above.

• Interactable City: Objects like chairs, benches, gym equipment and arcades should be interactable.

• Parking Lots: There is no damn place to park your car and combined with the subpar car controls, you constantly run over clueless NPCs.

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Disable "Turning Rate Boost" for controllers by default
  • Remap "Skip Dialogue" to another button than "Crouching" (or the other way around)
  • Auto-Zoom of the minimap when driving
  • Walk toggle for keyboard users
  • Add more accessibility features for disabled people (e.g. trackpad support)
  • Slider to increase the HUD and Inventory font
  • Fix visibility issues in UI (too much red, bad UX design)
  • More remapping options for controllers and keyboard
  • Fix controller sensitivity in the inventory
  • Preview of weapon and cosmetic purchases
  • Add HUD transparency option for OLED users
  • Improve Map visibility

GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS:

• Loot System: There's way too much unneccessary junk lying around. Marginally improved guns and wearables make the items seem useless. No attachment to guns or loot, since there are constantly miniscule improvements that force you to swap guns. Feels more like a looter shooter than an RPG.

• Crafting System: Weird/too high requirements to craft anything worthwhile. Doesn't feel integrated into the gameplay loot.

• Enemy/NPC AI: Enemy AI reacts way too late, can't spot the player even when in close proximity, has weird pathing. NPCs feel lifeless, just walking from A to B only to disappear or run into other NPCs or bugging out.

• Stealth System: There's little to no incentive to play stealthy, there's no good cover system and aside from so scripted hacking stuff, frontal assault is the most viable options in the majority of situations.

• Police System: Whenever commiting a crime, the NCPD just spawns next to you out of thin air, instead of arriving in cars or other vehicles.

• Weapon Attachments: Added bonusses feel obscolet and miniscule sometimes

• Bullet Sponge Enemies: Combat feels akward because you just unload magazine after magazine into the enemies and without a cover system or better integrated stealth and hacking options, it's just a "shoot and randomly walk behind this pillar and shoot again" scenario

• Traffic AI: Does weird stuff, crashes constantly

• Mission tracking: The bad questlog and constant messages popping up on the screen make the quests/objectives very confusing

• Economy System: Items cost too much compared to what you can earn through quests and activities.

OTHER FIXES:

• Janky NPC animations, skipping between different states or resetting, spinning on the ground or hardly transition between movements in conversations (e.g. Jackie)
  • Bad driving mechanics, feels way to responsive at some points, and not at all responsive at other points. Floaty and overall bad.
  • Distant audio sources and NPCs appear very close despite being far away
  • Floating objects like phones and other NPC items
  • Repeated dialogue lines, dialogue selection staying selectable even when not looking at NPC

There are countless bugs in this game and I won't waste my time listing them all. If you have any more suggestions regarding QOL improvements, Gameplay improvements or missing feautures, comment them below and let's discuss. Let's show CDPR how they can improve on this game, since it has so much potential. I uninstalled it and will wait for more patches and content drops, since I don't want to ruin the story and gameworld with all of these bugs and missing feautures.

You nailed many things that I also experienced on launch day.
It's like this game isn't ready for launch.
It feels like it's in alpha or maybe beta but the User interface and some of the basic mechanics feel broken.

The parking - lol.. totally, I'm all like what, so I just get out and block traffic with my car?
What's the point of having cars, if there's no parking lol.

the driving is lacking as well, the streets feel too narrow it's like the scale is all wrong.

though to be fair, I recently reloaded witcher 3 and the movement controls in that felt off as well.
It's like they are forcing things to be more difficult instead of using unified movement and controller settings.

It is in an early beta at the best. The state is a mess. Maybe it would have been better to release in early-access or do closed beta testing. I just cannot fathom how and who approved this. Sad. And I am not talking about graphic gliches and physics bugs alone, but even content. Life paths mean nothing essentially, skill trees mean nothing essentially. It is like a sketch with a huge potential to become a good game. But it needs lots of work.

Parking Lots: There is no damn place to park your car and combined with the subpar car controls, you constantly run over clueless NPCs.

I'm afraid this is unfixable, they would've to redesign the city. It seems like the level designers just didn't think about it. Weird.

I'm afraid this is unfixable, they would've to redesign the city. It seems like the level designers just didn't think about it. Weird.

It seems strange that the level designers would've missed something like that. It's making me think it's the other way around. Maybe there was a point in development where there wasn't supposed to be playable vehicles and you'd just be driven to other places. Or maybe you'd call a cab if you wanted to fast travel. And then at some point there was a decision to let players drive vehicles, but the city was already designed and there was no time to change it.

It would explain the shoddy vehicle controls too.

It seems strange that the level designers would've missed something like that. It's making me think it's the other way around. Maybe there was a point in development where there wasn't supposed to be playable vehicles and you'd just be driven to other places. Or maybe you'd call a cab if you wanted to fast travel. And then at some point there was a decision to let players drive vehicles, but the city was already designed and there was no time to change it.

I think this may also be the case for the lifepaths. They are short and make no difference because...they didn't use to exist. There was no such thing as "lifepaths" in the 2018 gameplay trailer. It must've been added and rushed in 2019

I think this may also be the case for the lifepaths. They are short and make no difference because...they didn't use to exist. There was no such thing as "lifepaths" in the 2018 gameplay trailer. It must've been added and rushed in 2019

Yeah, or it was a idea in pre-production that got gradually cut back because the team decided to invest dev time into the core of the game instead of the optional stuff. Both are possible.

Yeah, or it was a idea in pre-production that got gradually cut back because the team decided to invest dev time into the core of the game instead of the optional stuff. Both are possible.

Except that it would be core stuff if implemented from the start, as this would have major influence on the C&C of the main quest.

For me the only explanation that the game is like this is because the cars are autonomous, it can be fixed by simply leaving once you reach the destination, except for those cases in which you need the car as a means of escape.

Top Bottom