Law Suit

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised at all. Gamers expected to reap the rewards from playing the game that CDPR kept talking about and showing in their videos throughout development and investors expected to reap the rewards from investing in the game that CDPR kept talking about in those same videos.

That game doesn't exist, not even close and what does exist ranges from groundbreaking to disturbingly bad. As a result gamers can't reap the rewards from playing a game that doesn't exist, follow the logic and likewise you arrive at investors can't reap the rewards of that which does not exist.

I'm not surprised at all. Gamers expected to reap the rewards from playing the game that CDPR kept talking about and showing in their videos throughout development and investors expected to reap the rewards from investing in the game that CDPR kept talking about in those same videos.

That game doesn't exist, not even close and what does exist ranges from groundbreaking to disturbingly bad. As a result gamers can't reap the rewards from playing a game that doesn't exist, follow the logic and likewise you arrive at investors can't reap the rewards of that which does not exist.

So many true things in your post.

Ah so the shareholders didn't. Made enough money because of this advertising from the producers and now the Form a lawsuit?

But isn't at the end the consumer the one with the pity?

Another one that did not read the article.

Lawsuit is from investors. CDPR is publicly traded company and their management seems to have lied about the state of the project to investors, which might violate insider trading laws among other things.

But why would you lie when you would release it and serve them proof about the current state of the game?

So many true things in your post.

Ah so the shareholders didn't. Made enough money because of this advertising from the producers and now the Form a lawsuit?

But isn't at the end the consumer the one with the pity?
Ultimately investors need a product that consumers want to spend time and money on. End of story.

Take Rockstar for instance, we can talk about how they've discovered a new level of greed with GTA V that makes previous levels of greed look like charity but their product is so good they don't even have to make a new product. They just keep selling it over and over. That's the complete opposite of what CP2077 is. Furthermore every time I've ever contacted Rockstar I feel like they roll out the red carpet and greet me with caviar and champagne and often times after speaking with them the next time I log into GTA V I'm greeted with "We've deposited a gift of 1,000,000 into your bank account from Rockstar games."

There's a reason Rockstar generates more money than some entire countries. Not everyone can be successful to that degree though, it takes a certain attitude and standard.

Last edited:
Maybe you all, who didn't read the article should do it.
Investors are loosing a lot of money because the stocks of CDPR are in free fall. All because the release was a disaster, because, according to the article, the management lied to the investors about the state of the game. Postponing the release would have had an impact on share value, but not as big as it is now.
It is always about the money.
This isn't a sue about the bugs. Investors don't give a damn about the bugs, only their investment.

Ultimately investors need a product that consumers want to spend time and money on. End of story.

Take Rockstar for instance, we can talk about how they've discovered a new level of greed with GTA V that makes previous levels of greed look like charity but their product is so good they don't even have to make a new product. They just keep selling it over and over. That's the complete opposite of what CP2077 is. Furthermore every time I've ever contacted Rockstar I feel like they roll out the red carpet and great me with caviar and champagne and often times after speaking with them the next time I log into GTA V I'm greated with "We've deposited a gift of 1,000,000 into your bank account from Rockstar games."

There's a reason Rockstar generates more money than some entire countries. Not everyone can be successful to that degree though, it takes a certain attitude and standard.

Wow thank you for your time describing it to me and that story. Sadly I don't see this standard here. More like total silence and sometimes short cut offs.

If this would happen it would probably a good thing. As of now game development is basically no-man's land. You can deliver whatever you want and promise stuff before you do not have any notion of delivering. It would certainly "change" the industry as it is, wether for the better or not that is debateable. Arguably you could classify all games as art, like a book or any story. its hard to make demands there but as a video game, it would be nice to get some sort of "boundary" that would screw up companies freedom to put out trailers and videos that look fantastic but have nothing in common with the final product.

Like restrict them to only show what is actually in the game/product and open them up to fines if they are lying. There is so much BS hype trailers in video games that do not represent the final state of the game/product they are supposed to advertise

If this would happen it would probably a good thing. As of now game development is basically no-man's land. You can deliver whatever you want and promise stuff before you do not have any notion of delivering. It would certainly "change" the industry as it is, wether for the better or not that is debateable. Arguably you could classify all games as art, like a book or any story. its hard to make demands there but as a video game, it would be nice to get some sort of "boundary" that would screw up companies freedom to put out trailers and videos that look fantastic but have nothing in common with the final product.

Like restrict them to only show what is actually in the game/product and open them up to fines if they are lying. There is so much BS hype trailers in video games that do not represent the final state of the game/product they are supposed to advertise

Jeah the Industry needs certainly regulations and heavy punishments when without pre launch announcement they promote things which aren't actually in the game.

But why would you lie when you would release it and serve them proof about the current state of the game?

Desperate last minute hope that it will be, and that your years of mismanaged and relatively late starting dev timeline won't be revealed.

If Adam had just been honest about the actual dev cycle state they'd have taken a big hit to investor/customer confidence, sure. But it would have been minor in comparison to what's happening now.

Lying is generally a bad thing anyway. In business, it can be catastrophic...

CDPR, this is your last chance. Fix the game to what you promised, don't let players down again. Save your company and reputation please.

Back then, people laughed at me when I said that CDPR could still tank themselves with a bad game (same as Bethesda or Activision who were good devs back then).

It's like CDPR didn't caught the hype and attention surrounding the game and only focused on the budget and marketing.

They did the WORST release ever, I mean, look at the mess here.

Even if they fix it, the damage is done for good, they'll maybe get better when they'll release their next game without trouble, but as it, I doubt they'll be taken seriously before a while IMO. They did a really big mistake there (imagine if the game were released in january...)

Desperate last minute hope that it will be, and that your years of mismanaged and relatively late starting dev timeline won't be revealed.

If Adam had just been honest about the actual dev cycle state they'd have taken a big hit to investor/customer confidence, sure. But it would have been minor in comparison to what's happening now.

Lying is generally a bad thing anyway. In business, it can be catastrophic...

I can only compare it with my opinion - would I have been informed that from the pre launch trailer there would be missing 1/3 of the content which are (put list here) - I wouldn't have get this game. Because right now it's nearly work to get a refund on steam because of more than 2h Ingame time.
Post automatically merged:

Back then, people laughed at me when I said that CDPR could still tank themselves with a bad game (same as Bethesda or Activision who were good devs back then).

It's like CDPR didn't caught the hype and attention surrounding the game and only focused on the budget and marketing.

Even if they fix it, the damage is done for good, they'll maybe get better when they'll release their next game without trouble, but as it, I doubt they'll be taken seriously before a while IMO. They did a really big mistake there (imagine if the game were released in january...)

Well when more people feel like me.. They have lost much faith and without getting in the right direction - sure it won't be any game from them at launch or maybe never again. Because this launch gave me some trust issues.

Wow thank you for your time describing it to me and that story. Sadly I don't see this standard here. More like total silence and sometimes short cut offs.
I would say your perception is right on target in terms of that standard not being applicable here, neither does CDPR have the attitude as put on display in their "half way try to please everybody" approach to certain so called issues and taboos. Again I'll use Rockstar as an example, they don't give two fucks about what some dude or chick says on Twitter, they couldn't care less about what ism or phobia label people try to throw on them. These things are nothing but chains which enslave creativity. They call themselves Rockstar for a reason and they embrace that attitude.

Rockstar cares about three things:

1.) Making money.
2.) Making a product that is so good it prints money.
3.) Remembering that 1 and 2 are the same thing.

If you're going to be great at anything, no matter what it is you have to figure out if you truly want to be successful or do you want to be a slave to everyone's demands and fail spectacularly. Do you want to kick ass and chew bubble gum and let your critics amount to mosquitoes trying to draw blood from a rock or do you want to pretend you're here to be everyone's friend?

Ultimately beyond all the BS theater that we engage in as a society we all know the score when it comes to business, green is the only color that matters. Companies that forget that do a great disservice to themselves, their investors and their customers and countless other businesses and people love to see others fail.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to speak further on these issues.

Well I think that escalated quickly..

What do you think about that action? Deserved or not?

Sincerely
It's stupid and there are others that would be way more deserving of a class action lawsuit. Did they deliver what the marketing hyped? No, but if that would be the criteria, we would have to scrap advertisement altogether [censored by a ninny] ... ;)

Last edited:
I would say your perception is right on target in terms of that standard not being applicable here, neither does CDPR have the attitude as put on display in their "half way try to please everybody" approach to certain so called issues and taboos. Again I'll use Rockstar as an example, they don't give two fucks about what some dude or chick says on Twitter, they couldn't care less about what ism or phobia label people try to throw on them. These things are nothing but chains which enslave creativity. They call themselves Rockstar for a reason and they embrace that attitude.

Rockstar cares about three things:

1.) Making money.
2.) Making a product that is so good it prints money.
3.) Remembering that 1 and 2 are the same thing.

If you're going to be great at anything, no matter what it is you have to figure out if you truly want to be successful or do you want to be a slave to everyone's demands and fail spectacularly. Do you want to kick ass and chew bubble gum and let your critics amount to mosquitoes trying to draw blood from a rock or do you want to pretend you're here to be everyone's friend?

Ultimately beyond all the BS theater that we engage in as a society we all know the score when it comes to business, green is the only color that matters. Companies that forget that do a great disservice to themselves, their investors and their customers and countless other businesses and people love to see others fail.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to speak further on these issues.

Jeah they appear to me more brave as I was reading a article from the devs which went into full legend for me.
Augmentations and the style of taking risks. Here is the Article.

But they didn't do it like you mentioned "the Rockstar way" more like a firework before release and a submarine after xD

Well I think that escalated quickly..

What do you think about that action? Deserved or not?

Sincerely
there is definitley grounds for one legally, i loved cd and always wanted to have this great game but all they can do is try to make it right now after messing with us all.
Post automatically merged:

It's stupid and there are others that would be way more deserving of a class action lawsuit. Did they deliver what the marketing hyped? No, but if that would be the criteria, we would have to scrap advertisement altogether [...]... ;)
all I can say is that you are wrong here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawsuit want to address the stock market of CDPR raising the day after they lied about console lerformance.
We are touching illegal territory here.

Jeah they appear to me more brave as I was reading a article from the devs which went into full legend for me.
Augmentations and the style of taking risks. Here is the Article.

But they didn't do it like you mentioned "the Rockstar way" more like a firework before release and a submarine after xD
"The team also wanted to keep the reaction in the room to a giggle, rather than outright laughter." - from the article.

Sadly laughter is exactly what they got about the game in general.

I can say I would never be hyped enough to buy a game released by them without giving it a week to read reviews first after its out.

Well sure it will be interesting to see how this will play out - but I would love to hear some apologies not only "maybe we made it not clear" - jeah when I could I would slowly start to sue them because of the time I spend with steam debating to take back the game. 3 time now they declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom