Law Suit

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I don't understand wie shareholders are sueing the game... Didn't they get the cash? Didn't they want to get this game out before Xmas. For me it would have been ok if they release it next year without stress and deliver it finished and with less problems.

No, they didn't get cash: CDP's share price has tanked. The blowback from this botched release has potentially cost investors significant amounts of money, and bear in mind that most of them would have had no more clue about the state of the game than gamers did. The only information most investors have to go on is what the company makes public, and if they believe CDPR deliberately misled them about the state of the game and therefore its potential for success, they can explore legal options to recoup the losses they may have made.

I think they don't got shit, just vultures circling but the corpse has been picked clean already lmao.

Every gameplay trailer has a big "DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME" on it.

Most of the things they promised are technically in the game, legally-speaking, the problem is that they are flat and you can't really explore 90% of them.

For all the corner cutting in the game itself I guarantee you that the CDPR suits did not cut corners when it comes to lawyers.

No, they didn't get cash: CDP's share price has tanked. The blowback from this botched release has potentially cost investors significant amounts of money, and bear in mind that most of them would have had no more clue about the state of the game than gamers did. The only information most investors have to go on is what the company makes public, and if they believe CDPR deliberately misled them about the state of the game and therefore its potential for success, they can explore legal options to recoup the losses they may have made.

But this can only do investor's or also customers who bought the game?

It would be great to have some kind of definitive statement on where the game is going. Are they going to treat it as a beta and release the features and content they intended/ showcased or is this it now with some extra storyline dlc? So far I have only seen the apology and promise of fixes but the company does need speak up a bit there is so much speculation and hyperbole and the silence from cdpr is not helping.

For the record, ps4 player grateful for the hotfixes. I for one hope they don't cut and run.

"The team also wanted to keep the reaction in the room to a giggle, rather than outright laughter." - from the article.

Sadly laughter is exactly what they got about the game in general.

Well for me I can laugh about that fact that it was so hyped and so much gold put on it and rides into the garage like a prius, even you wanted a dodge ram.. But sry.. Not enough time. But you said it's finished.. Jeah it drives.. Marvelous :shrug:

It would be great to have some kind of definitive statement on where the game is going. Are they going to treat it as a beta and release the features and content they intended/ showcased or is this it now with some extra storyline dlc? So far I have only seen the apology and promise of fixes but the company does need speak up a bit there is so much speculation and hyperbole and the silence from cdpr is not helping.

For the record, ps4 player grateful for the hotfixes. I for one hope they don't cut and run.

Unfortunately I don't think we will be getting much. They're in damage control, anything they say will probably be met with criticism because at the moment it's very popular to shit on CDPR. Best-case scenario they go the No Mans' Sky route and quietly add features to the game.

I would very much like a timeline of fixes/feature implementations but if they miss that deadline again their stock is worth $0 and they probably know it.

Every gameplay trailer has a big "DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME" on it.

Still, it's misleading, mostly that they pushed on non existants gameplay mecanics a few days before release.

They lied to us the same way Wish puts a cool article on it's picture but when you get it, sure, it's somehow the same thing excepted it's cheap crap.

I wouldn't be surprised if the law suit succed, the only one to blame are CDPR leaders, they pushed the accident.

Who in their right mind, given all the teasing, the promises and everything would've released a game in such a state?.

It should've been released almost one year earlier, I mean, just imagine what it would've been like...

They have NO excuse, they're the only one ever to make such a shitshow to that level.

Only thing they can do now is to release free dlc to fix all the mess, finish the game and never-ever play the secretive-teasy card.

Don't fool yourself, they deserve the backlash, you can't tease thousands, if not millions of people (8 millions preorder... Imagine), bait them for two years, and spit at their face if an unfinished/unpolished game.

They lied, they'll have hard time climbing the ladder again.

I have a sneaky suspicion that a lot of stuff that got cut from the game were due to them having to develop for the lowest hardware spec that should support the game, in this case the PS4/Xbox One. If they removed features because of this there is no way they can add them back into the game.

Keep seeing things like this without any further explanation, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Those features would have been developed when the game was only intended for the current gen. There is nothing about the features themselves that make them any more advanced than what has been shown in other games on those platforms. Content was cut for design and, in this case, time constraints.

yeah roadmap right now is very risky. Better be silent and deliver in greatness.

Well I would appreciate a Roadmap without timestamps just to know what I can expect of content. Because when I would see the content is coming I would put the game to rest for 1 to 2 years and come back. But now I only can wonder if they think they delivered enough content xD

As far as what CDPR's plans are, just pay attention to what they tell investors. My perception for what its worth is that right now according to their last talk with investors made public, CDPR's primary goal seems to be "fix the bugs and glitches" first and foremost to make it playable for PS4/Xbox One users. Beyond that I got the impression (for what's its worth) that they would then proceed as if all was made right and normal.

Personally I don't believe that would be the case, it certainly wouldn't be for me and I get the impression countless others feel the same way. If I were CDPR I would have someone study Hello Games, maybe even contact Sean Murray and ask for advice. If CDPR has any wise people listening, strongly consider the strategy of a very humble approach along the lines of under sell and over deliver.

Yeah, and they'll get in court and tell the judge that they already got refunds on the game. The judge will say something like "You already got a refund. What the hell more do you want? Get out of here."

Game is sold "As-is" from the start, and they are refunding anyone that wants one. There's nothing to sue over.
If you read the article you will find that the party that is suing CDPR is an investor who is doing it because of the misleading during investor calls. It's not about the consumer's money, it is about the investor's.

As far as what CDPR's plans are, just pay attention to what they tell investors. My perception for what its worth is that right now according to their last talk with investors made public, CDPR's primary goal seems to be "fix the bugs and glitches" first and foremost to make it playable for PS4/Xbox One users. Beyond that I got the impression (for what's its worth) that they would then proceed as if all was made right and normal.

Personally I don't believe that would be the case, it certainly wouldn't be for me and I get the impression countless others feel the same way. If I were CDPR I would have someone study Hello Games, maybe even contact Sean Murray and ask for advice. If CDPR has any wise people listening, strongly consider the strategy of a very humble approach along the lines of under sell and over deliver.

Do you have a link for that talk with the devs. Didn't see that and would like to watch to understand more background. Would appreciate.

Still, it's misleading, mostly that they pushed on non existants gameplay mecanics a few days before release.

It's misleading in every sense except for the legal one. Legally they are in the clear, morally maybe not so much.

It's the fine print that holds up in court, No Mans' Sky promised multiplayer very deliberately, much worse than CDPR did, but they still didn't get their day in court because the box and the EULA didn't mention multiplayer anywhere.

You people are ridiculous. The hatred you have for this game is beyond precedent. Imagine hyping yourself up for something then wanting to hold the developers hostage because they didn't make the game exactly how you wanted. :rolleyes:
Read the article. Get off your high horse, maybe you can read better.
Post automatically merged:

I personally don't want the lawsuit to go through because it will simply cause more stress for the company, divide their focus and make them lose money that could be used for the game development.

I understand that the investor has been "cheated" but it will just do more harm imo for the game.

A lot of you seem to be missing the point of the lawsuit.

It's about investors. People who have invested a lot of money into CDPR and are now losing a lot of money because of CDPR. Look at the stock prices, it went up drastically on November 27th, the day CDPR's CEO announcement of the game running "surprisingly well on last-gen". All the while they refused to give access to the console version to reviewers or even let them use their own footage of the PC version. It paints a really bad picture.

Obviously they wanted to keep the bad performance under wraps. Unfortunately for them, as a publicly traded company, they have a duty to their shareholders. They're not supposed to make them lose money, at least not in such fraudulent way.

The lawsuit has very little to do with consumers, we're just a catalyst. CDPR isn't the only one bleeding money from all this.

From this point forward CDPR has to be very careful about any statement and they need to get their shit together as fast as humanly possible to minimizes further loses.

Do you have a link for that talk with the devs. Didn't see that and would like to watch to understand more background. Would appreciate.
Top two links, PDF or MP3.

EDIT: What I linked to is the talk with the investors. I read and process things too fast sometimes and didn't notice you asked for the talk with the devs and I apologize for that. I don't have the talk with devs, I don't have that talk and I believe it is something Jason Schreier had access to through inside sources.

Last edited:

It's about investors. People who have invested a lot of money into CDPR and are now losing a lot of money because of CDPR. Look at the stock prices, it went up drastically on November 27th, the day CDPR's CEO announcement of the game running "surprisingly well on last-gen". All the while they refused to give access to the console version to reviewers or even let them use their own footage of the PC version. It paints a really bad picture.

Obviously they wanted to keep the bad performance under wraps. Unfortunately for them, as a publicly traded company, they have a duty to their shareholders. They're not supposed to make them lose money, at least not in such fraudulent way.

The lawsuit has very little to do with consumers, we're just a catalyst. CDPR isn't the only one bleeding money from all this.

From this point forward CDPR has to be very careful about any statement and they need to get their shit together as fast as humanly possible to minimizes further loses.
100%
I wish people would read before utilizing their keayboard warrior skills.

And in my opinion they loosing it well deserved and don't have the back to apologize in a proper way. They use vague statements that maybe they didn't make it quite clear. While the butchered massiv content out of the game still changed the release date 3 times and deliver.. Well.. This. Can be happy buyers can't sue them that easy. They wouldn't have a job anymore.

It's perfectly normal. If you were an investor thrusting a company to make products that will create dividends and this said company failed to deliver because of poor managment you would also attempt to take them into court. That's the thing when your company is being traded on the stock market. You are accountable for your resulsts. Some of them lost thousands of euros/dollars and are rightfully upset against CDPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom