Law Suit

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's perfectly normal. If you were an investor thrusting a company to make products that will create dividends and this said company failed to deliver because of poor managment you would also attempt to take them into court. That's the thing when your company is being traded on the stock market. You are accountable for your resulsts. Some of them lost thousands of euros/dollars and are rightfully upset against CDPR.
Yeah, people who are happy about this lawsuit tho because of their own dissapointment, they need to realise that this won't benefit them in any ways. If anything it could hurt the future of the game.

It's perfectly normal. If you were an investor thrusting a company to make products that will create dividends and this said company failed to deliver because of poor managment you would also attempt to take them into court. That's the thing when your company is being traded on the stock market. You are accountable for your resulsts. Some of them lost thousands of euros/dollars and are rightfully upset against CDPR.

Losing money on the stock market is part of the game. In fact, in the gaming industry, companies' stock usually drop after a game's release.

Furthermore, while they do have a duty to their investors, a company can fail and lose all of their investors money and a lawsuit wouldn't be possible.

What matters is how they lose their investors money. In this case, unfortunately, it really does seem like CDPR willingly misled consumers and, by extension, investors.

Losing money on the stock market is part of the game. In fact, in the gaming industry, companies' stock usually drop after a game's release.

Furthermore, while they do have a duty to their investors, a company can fail and lose all of their investors money and a lawsuit wouldn't be possible.

What matters is how they lose their investors money. In this case, unfortunately, it really does seem like CDPR willingly misled consumers and, by extension, investors.
Not even by extension, if you believe what the public letter says, CDPR intentionally mislead even the investors about the state of the game.

Now while the game has flaws and is a shadow of what was promised, a lawsuit is absolutely ridiculous at this point. The ppl who pressured CDPR to release the game already are bringing a lawsuit because they feel betrayed?

Imagine Angry Joe screaming: "AR ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR MIND??!"

I remember only one game who got a bad lawsuit by it's own Publisher for breaking the contract and that was "Alien's Colonial Marines" and they fully deserved that one. You don't take the money from your publisher and deliver something not even close to the product both parties agreed on in a contract. That like begging to get to court.

However CDPR still has the means and the knowledge to fix this game over time. So i would suggest less drama and let them work. But i do agree that they need to adress the elephant in the room. What are the plans for the next 5 months

Not even by extension, if you believe what the public letter says, CDPR intentionally mislead even the investors about the state of the game.

I meant that since investors are mostly being informed on the state of the game through the same consumer aimed material we got.
Post automatically merged:

Now while the game has flaws and is a shadow of what was promised, a lawsuit is absolutely ridiculous at this point. The ppl who pressured CDPR to release the game already are bringing a lawsuit because they feel betrayed?

Imagine Angry Joe screaming: "AR ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR MIND??!"

I remember only one game who got a bad lawsuit by it's own Publisher for breaking the contract and that was "Alien's Colonial Marines" and they fully deserved that one. You don't take the money from your publisher and deliver something not even close to the product both parties agreed on in a contract. That like begging to get to court.

However CDPR still has the means and the knowledge to fix this game over time. So i would suggest less drama and let them work. But i do agree that they need to adress the elephant in the room. What are the plans for the next 5 months

1. There is no lawsuit yet. They're thinking about and trying to determine if it's worth it. Calm down.

2. Imagine you're an investor or a group of investors who invested millions into a company who then proceeded to lie about their products and then you lost millions because of that. Wouldn't you consider your options?

Yeah, people who are happy about this lawsuit tho because of their own dissapointment, they need to realise that this won't benefit them in any ways. If anything it could hurt the future of the game.
I agree but it's understandable. People felt betrayed by CDPR and now that they are being attacked people see this as a form of justice. But of course it won't benefit the game and it's not a good thing for us "gamers"...

Completely agree, It would be better if they are honest with us so we know what to expect.

Honestly I feel a little bad for CDPR at this point, but this releasing of games it total crap states really needs to stop. CDPR really bend the bow too much on this one by first of all not showing any real screenshots or videos on the PS4 and then releasing a version that can hardly be called playable. Aside from that basically everything but the story isn't working, and the story had to take several hard cuts to even be released.

This is in no way a finished game. and I support every lawsuit against any company that betrays their customers like this. If CDPR had simply stated: "Sorry, we couldn't get it done, but here is Early Access for those who can't wait any longer." then things would have been fine. Sure, some people would have raged as some always do, but then the customers would have known what to expect. And I am sure the sales figures wouldn't be much lower if you include the refunds they have to pay for now.

Class action lawsuit lol? Peeps need to grow the hell up in here. How utterly laughable! Game works great for me, no probs yet...and I'm not the only one, millions out there whereby the game has few issues. We hear this lawsuit crap with almost every single game release these days.

I get the disappointment, mostly from console players, but a class action lawsuit? Not a chance!

Imagine you're an investor or a group of investors who invested millions into a company who then proceeded to lie about their products and then you lost millions because of that. Wouldn't you consider your options?

No i would not because i would know 3 things that happen if i pull that stunt.

1. It becomes public knowledge further decreasing the public trust in said company which leads to more shareholders abandoning ship which leads to me losing more money in the process.
2. On the chance they still pull it off after i sued them to oblivion will result in a bad term relationship between me (the investors) and the company. Which probably will lead to me never been able to work with said company costing me a fortune in the decades to come.
3. If i am an investor and honestly believe that every investment i make will always benefit me or my colleagues i am either a rookie or very naive.

When your investment fails you cut your loses and move on. Anything else will cost you just more money and is not worth the hassle.

I mean I also wish this game would become a success with all the promised features.

But in my opinion an example should be set. So all the other companies think twice before bringing broken stuff to the marked. I am looking at you Bethesda/ZoS but not only, just they came to my mind with Fo76 and the ultra bad performing Elder Scrolls online (Crashes / lags / server stability...).

Sb should sue the shit out of a big gaming company. Also I hope for stricter laws concerning software quality.

I refunded CP on my PS5 after not being able to continue the story because of bugs.
It's not worth 70€ at all. If this game should turn out great in 1-2 years I might buy it again but for half of the price.

Last edited:
Back then, people laughed at me when I said that CDPR could still tank themselves with a bad game (same as Bethesda or Activision who were good devs back then).

It's like CDPR didn't caught the hype and attention surrounding the game and only focused on the budget and marketing.

They did the WORST release ever, I mean, look at the mess here.

Even if they fix it, the damage is done for good, they'll maybe get better when they'll release their next game without trouble, but as it, I doubt they'll be taken seriously before a while IMO. They did a really big mistake there (imagine if the game were released in january...)
Their next game will absolutely get significantly fewer pre-orders. Poor devs got fucked by really mean management.

No i would not because i would know 3 things that happen if i pull that stunt.

1. It becomes public knowledge further decreasing the public trust in said company which leads to more shareholders abandoning ship which leads to me losing more money in the process.
2. On the chance they still pull it off after i sued them to oblivion will result in a bad term relationship between me (the investors) and the company. Which probably will lead to me never been able to work with said company costing me a fortune in the decades to come.
3. If i am an investor and honestly believe that every investment i make will always benefit me or my colleagues i am either a rookie or very naive.

When your investment fails you cut your loses and move on. Anything else will cost you just more money and is not worth the hassle.

You fail to understand the situation here.

1. If you believe the company has broken laws, which it might very well have, you would recoup a lot of that money. Then, yes, you could cut your loses and abandon ship.

2. First, you're going off the assumption that CDPR would simply bounce back. Not necessarily. It's entirely possible they wouldn't and at that point, you'd be the one who got off easy. It's a gamble, like the stock market itself.

Secondly, a bad term relationship? What, you think investors have a close relationship with development teams? Heck no they don't. Most don't even involve themselves in the company. Furthermore, why would you even care if you have a bad relationship with them? They have a fiduciary duty to you no matter how much they hate you. On top of that, they WANT your money. As long as you're not actively trying to screw them over, they can't do nothing. Plus, it might be a good reminder further down the road that they shouldn't mislead their investors.

3. Right, I already touched on that in a previous post. Yeah, the stock market is a gamble from the get go and money can be lost. I've even said that a company can lose all your money and go down under and a lawsuit would be out of the question. The legal reasoning behind this is HOW did they lose your money. There are laws in place. These laws are there to protect the investors. Elon Musk wasn't facing serious legal actions for no reasons after his "joke" tweet about taking the company private. The effects on the market and individuals can be massive.

In this case, CDPR's action do paint a really bad picture.

If your reaction to getting screwed is to cut tail and run, good for you, but that's not how everyone reacts.

Last edited:
Class action lawsuit lol? Peeps need to grow the hell up in here. How utterly laughable! Game works great for me, no probs yet...and I'm not the only one, millions out there whereby the game has few issues. We hear this lawsuit crap with almost every single game release these days.

I get the disappointment, mostly from console players, but a class action lawsuit? Not a chance!

I guess it's bad that if it goes to court the first question isn't going to be 'how does it run for drdetroit'

It's an investor lawysuit, as said above, not about the customers (which may be not totaly illegal to mislead them somehow, as said above too), but the people who invested in them, remember, they said to them that the game is ok and the crunch isn't that bad, I dunno if it's legaly that bad, but I guess on a business side it's a really bad thing to do.

It gives them a bad image on many points.
Customers will be cautious, and investor will probably avoid them for a while.

All in all it was a very bad decision from them.

Well sure it will be interesting to see how this will play out - but I would love to hear some apologies not only "maybe we made it not clear" - jeah when I could I would slowly start to sue them because of the time I spend with steam debating to take back the game. 3 time now they declined.
No way they are gonna refund it on PC.
Console version and PC version is night and day

Yeah, and they'll get in court and tell the judge that they already got refunds on the game. The judge will say something like "You already got a refund. What the hell more do you want? Get out of here."

Game is sold "As-is" from the start, and they are refunding anyone that wants one. There's nothing to sue over.

Well class action lawsuits aren't just for getting refunds, they could be for breaching rules on false advertising, they can force a judge to make a ruling affecting a whole industry to attempt to prevent something like this happening again. Class action lawsuits aren't just frivolous things done for money, they are something that can be used to enact change against broken parts of a system or loopholes in law, not just for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom