Law Suit

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
From an investor perspective I can understand the disappointment, but that is an integral part of any investment. The negative press and the playstation store decision have created a bear market around cdpr shares, but actually if you look at the long term performance of the shares then they have only fallen back to their value around the original launch date in March so the only people that have "lost money" are short sellers who wanted to capitalise on the launch rather than long term investors.

Anyone who has the spare funds to "lose thousands" on a single investment really doesn't need too much sympathy because they will be "making thousands" somewhere else. Or at least I hope they have the sense to have a balanced investment portfolio .

Also aggressive investor behaviour like that would suggest that they don't have the company (or the gamers) best interests at heart.

Surely the best thing for investors to do is sit tight not damage their investment value further by threatening legal action (For clarity, I'm not a shareholder and have no financial qualifications)

I think people are not only pissed because CP is such a disappointment but maybe because many might have made similar experiences with other games. At least that's why I am pissed.

Most games I wanted to play the last 5 years were broken, not finished, filled with gamebreaking bugs without promised features and using it's player base as alpha testers when released. Sure there were also great ones but most were just emptying your wallet for nothing.

Sorry for the hard words but fuck this! Screw abandoned early access games, screw micro transactions and screw poorly optimised non working rushed games. I know it's much more complex than games 15 years ago but if this is the future I am stopping gaming forever. Plus worst of all, false advertising....
What will come next? You pay for a game that doesn't exist or will release in 10 years?

Even before Corona I got scammed by many games/software. Nowadays you can't even be sure that games run properly on your console....
The greatest strength for me of playing on a console is that I don't have to worry about functionality is also gone.

I am ultra frustrated by CDPR. If they were honest I would have supported them but this is a new low. Gratz for the new lvl of false advertising...

Keep seeing things like this without any further explanation, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Those features would have been developed when the game was only intended for the current gen. There is nothing about the features themselves that make them any more advanced than what has been shown in other games on those platforms. Content was cut for design and, in this case, time constraints.

Look at your character stats, put the cursor down, there is a sixth stats that shows up without text, they forgot to remove it.

A french art devs said in an interview that they worked on a lot of underground levels, and some gameplay video shows entrance in part of the city that clips you under the map and makes you fall out of the game (supposedly underground entrance).

Games lacks a police system.
In some mission, when you do raid on arasaka/militech structure, you have beautiful animations of an AV or armored vehicule dropping a troop of Security goons.

I guess it should work the same with the police/psychosquad, but being short on time, on could suppose they went "ah, fuck it" and just put a "pop in right behind ya" system, so they could fix quickly everything in time, while being mad at the management.

If you've played a few early access game, like Day Z or other, you know how it feels when things arent implemented properly, and you have tons of those in Cyberpunk.

Would have them be clear and a bit less proud, I guess people could've understand another report. Here we expected that the game they showed us was done, when it's clearly not.

From an investor perspective I can understand the disappointment, but that is an integral part of any investment. The negative press and the playstation store decision have created a bear market around cdpr shares, but actually if you look at the long term performance of the shares then they have only fallen back to their value around the original launch date in March so the only people that have "lost money" are short sellers who wanted to capitalise on the launch rather than long term investors.

Anyone who has the spare funds to "lose thousands" on a single investment really doesn't need too much sympathy because they will be "making thousands" somewhere else. Or at least I hope they have the sense to have a balanced investment portfolio .

Also aggressive investor behaviour like that would suggest that they don't have the company (or the gamers) best interests at heart.

Surely the best thing for investors to do is sit tight not damage their investment value further by threatening legal action (For clarity, I'm not a shareholder and have no financial qualifications)

Again, it's about how the money was lost.

It's entirely normal for a game company's share prices to fall immediately after the release of a game, as you've said some people capitalize on a game's launch. It's not normal for the stock to fall more than 40% and go back to it's value from 8 months ago.

A lot of people believe CDPR knowingly mislead investors and that is ground for legal action (in most countries anyway). That's the issue here, not the quality of the game per se.

Main problem here?
When you buy Bethesda you know what to expect.
No one expected this from CDPR.

That's true. After the Level of Immersion of the Witcher 3 - this gave me a hard punch to the face I didn't see Coming. Even as I was sure that the Hype will be lowered - this is ridiculous. Such a amount of cut out things and loveless immersion is unbelievable.

I think people are not only pissed because CP is such a disappointment but maybe because many might have made similar experiences with other games. At least that's why I am pissed.

Most games I wanted to play the last 5 years were broken, not finished, filled with gamebreaking bugs without promised features and using it's player base as alpha testers when released. Sure there were also great ones but most were just emptying your wallet for nothing.

Sorry for the hard words but fuck this! Screw abandoned early access games, screw micro transactions and screw poorly optimised non working rushed games. I know it's much more complex than games 15 years ago but if this is the future I am stopping gaming forever. Plus worst of all, false advertising....
What will come next? You pay for a game that doesn't exist or will release in 10 years?

Even before Corona I got scammed by many games/software. Nowadays you can't even be sure that games run properly on your console....
The greatest strength for me of playing on a console is that I don't have to worry about functionality is also gone.

I am ultra frustrated by CDPR. If they were honest I would have supported them but this is a new low. Gratz a new lvl of false advertising...
I think there is some validity to your point, CDPR is certainly not the first to pull something like this and in fact it could easily be said to be common practice. A big factor in the whole issue is also this:

download (3).png

Regardless of the reasons and validity behind peoples feelings, people felt as though they were stabbed in the back by the one soldier who was fighting with them. This multiplied everything by a thousand.

I think there is some validity to your point, CDPR is certainly not the first to pull something like this and in fact it could easily be said to be common practice. A big factor in the whole issue is also this:

View attachment 11101412

Regardless of the reasons and validity behind peoples feelings, people felt as though they were stabbed in the back by the one soldier who was fighting with them. This multiplied everything by a thousand.

Do I hear order 66?
Haha (link)

you have to admit though, the outrage seems almost disproportionate? A lot of people I've seen whining are playing on 7 year old PlayStations filled with other games not realising that playing on something like that will of course mean the graphics aren't some raytraced PS5 level stuff. Of course it fucking sucks, I dropped a lot of money on this game and I'm damn upset, but I've seen legit death threats to devs which isnt appropriate under any standard

honestly its stupid as bethesda games, which are arguably worse, havent gotten any of this kind of shit

Because Bethesda have been used to it for a while.

What do you expect when you're playing the new Bethesda game and what do you expect when you'll play The Witcher 4?...

It feels like preparing a date with your partner in a fancy restaurant, expensive and well rated, but then you're served a basic big-mac-wooper when you came there because you expected more.

CDPR build a reputation of caring on the product they made, it took them on bad step to lose it, reason why people reacts more than if they used to release bethesda's level game.

Cyberpunk 2077 was the game that would "make them" (what GTA was to Rockstar) on a wide audience, or destroy them if they missed the shot.

Think this topic was discussed enough. Before making more trouble than use I will close it by myself. Thabk you all for your opinion and time.
Post automatically merged:

A lot of off topic posts. Either you discuss the law suit issue itself, or you just turn it into another company bashing/comparing thread, which will be off topic and get it closed immediately.

Well seems I don't find the option to close it. Maybe you could give me a little help?

Well seems I don't find the option to close it. Maybe you could give me a little help?

I don't think you should close it. I mean, it's a forum, the point is having discussions and this definitely falls under general.

You should change your OP to reflect the actual point of the article though. People are not reading and getting a lot of things confused and it's just fuel for arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom