Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
3: They fix the bugs and pretend the game is "a masterpiece", releasing free DLCs like "alternate look for Judy Alvarez" or "Legendary laser katana" (infuriating)
4: They fix the bugs and abandon the game, leaving it as is, hoping to sell their big story-based DLCs to fanboys and move on with multiplayer. (weird, but totally plausible as they are being pressured to do so)
Most likely both of these are going to happen. They did promise free DLCs for Cyberpunk and they are probably gonna be nothingburgers like the last time around.
Post automatically merged:

Everyone with a brain could tell Sony pulled out of spite, but people were and still are in kick cdpr mode.

I personally hopes this gets cdpr to blackball Sony
Yeah, "spite" is a great reason to pull the biggest release of the year. When was Sony ever interested in money anyway?

CDPR blackballing Sony? With that audience? Yeah, right, not in this lifetime. Sony giving CDPR no end of grief with the certification process when the next release arrives? Now that's a plausible outcome.

Fair DLCs, expansion policy, no lootboxes, great games - subjective (excluding current game, it's at best mediocre-goodish), no DRM games are terms that are not related in any way, shape or form to the concept of psychological conditioning, they are (in general) financial policies and strategic decisions. Sure, it's commendable and I truly admire the direction CDPR is trying to push the gaming industry into, don't get me wrong. Make no mistake tho, these decisions are 90% revolving around profit, CDPR is not game Jesus, the company is just trying to paint itself in a friendly light (and taking action in this direction) to boost profit.

Now, when I say "psychological conditioning", I refer to the act of reinforcing certain ideas that consumers want to believe (through certain stimulus), in order to obtain a predictable response from them. This practice is not only limited to the gaming industry, it is widely utilized in many domains, most notably in marketing and advertising, because of it's effectiveness. Why do you think the game broke sales records on the first day of release, despite being a mediocre game. In part because of the straight up lying to increase our expectations and hide the flaws (which they have apologized for and are currently reaping the consequences - lawsuit), but also because of this conditioning and marketing. "If you play our game, you are cool, you are mature and socially savvy"..." if you buy our game you are a smart gamer" etc. Why do you think reviewers were allowed to show only well crafted gameplay trailers (beside the reason to hide the games flaws)? Why do you think you see and hear the words "pro consumer policy" excessively? Why not let actions speak for themselves, as you so eloquently listed above. Small gestures and words in the gameplay footage before release wanted to FURTHER reinforce the idea of buying the game the first chance the consumer gets. THE TEHNO-NECROMANCERS OF ALPHA CENTAURI !!!! :)) ok, I will stop ranting...

TL;DR;
Joking aside, this is the way of the current world. Trust no one (except family), filter everything. Personally, I am not angry at CDPR, they just do everything they can to thrive. As for the concept of "psychological conditioning" u so expertly singled out, it is sadly an integrated mechanism of marketing at this point. Gone are the days in which adverts sounded like: "This is the product, this is what it does, try it and draw your conclusions. We think you will enjoy it and are proud of it."

Also, it is way to soon to draw any conclusion regarding CDPR. The way they are perceived banks heavily on the next course of action they take after the holidays, imo. And seeing as CDPR loves multiple choices and branching storylines *cough*, I will list a few of my own personal thoughts, just to stimulate this convo:

1: They fix the majority of the bugs and really add most of the laundry list of features the game is missing. (highly unlikely)
2: They fix the majority of the bugs, add small features that require very few resources and release modding tools to let the community fix the game, focusing on the next story based DLC and multiplayer (maybe)
3: They fix the bugs and pretend the game is "a masterpiece", releasing free DLCs like "alternate look for Judy Alvarez" or "Legendary laser katana" (infuriating)
4: They fix the bugs and abandon the game, leaving it as is, hoping to sell their big story-based DLCs to fanboys and move on with multiplayer. (weird, but totally plausible as they are being pressured to do so)

What do you think will happen?
My money is on 1. They did it in the past for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, it was called Enhanced Edition.

Everyone with a brain could tell Sony pulled out of spite, but people were and still are in kick cdpr mode.

I personally hopes this gets cdpr to blackball Sony.

But I'm just a jaded pc gamer who is tired of pc companies growing themselves on our community only to cater to consoles once They hit triple A status.

All this console controversy and pc players are still the majority of cyberpunk player base.

I'm completely fine with companies building themselves in the PC environment, and eventually expanding into the console market. It's when they turn away from the PC platform and start sacrificing elements of their development style and ethos for the sake of consoles, or to save a buck with a single version of the game that bothers me.

I get it. Video games are big business. And expanding into other platforms is good for business. But when you have to sacrifice already developed quality AND quantity to fit it into every platform's parameters, it's time to make the hard choice..... choose the most profitable platform, or send platform specific versions to retail. Because a single version for ALL platforms will ALWAYS have to sacrifice quality and features for the lesser platforms.

Console gamers should have to accept that some things simply cannot work, or cannot be offered on their console platform (for whatever hardware/ESRB restrictions exist). But PC gamers should never have to sacrifice advertised/promised content or features for the sake of a platform they don't even use.

We all paid the same price for the game. But my $1200.00 PC shouldn't be relegated to playing console versions of ANY game just because the console companies don't want to allow the same content, or their hardware is incapable of handling what my PC is capable of.

Sony or Microsoft doesn't want nudity, drugs, smoking or gore in the game? Or the hardware won't run it on ultra settings? Fine. Strip it out and down for their platforms, and sell them the game 5 or 10 bucks cheaper, and sell the PC version at the normal price. But that's the choice the end user should have based on their chosen platform.

My money is on 1. They did it in the past for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, it was called Enhanced Edition.

Factually wrong.

People like to remember TW1 and TW2 enhanced as proof that CDPR will fix CP2077.

Both of these never had anything added of the order and magnitude of what we want from CP2077.

TW1 enhanced edition mostly added animations and models (including recolors of existing), expanded the dialogues and corrected bugs and translation. I also believe there was 1 or 2 quests thrown in.

TW2 enhanced was mostly the same. It was more expansive than the TW1 enhancement but mostly simple stuff.

CP2077 requires much more extensive work on way more complex systems.

I am not saying they won't do it, I hope they do, I'm just saying that the TW1/2 enhanced editions are not, in any way, proof that CDPR provides that kind of support to their games afterwards.

I am not saying they won't do it, I hope they do, I'm just saying that the TW1/2 enhanced editions are not, in any way, proof that CDPR provides that kind of support to their games afterwards.

Reputationally speaking, it's pretty much what they HAVE to do.

We just don't know if they will. Yet.

Reputationally speaking, it's pretty much what they HAVE to do.

We just don't know if they will. Yet.

Oh, definitely, if they want any chance of ever becoming the beacon of light gamers look up to they absolutely do.

They just don't have the history supporting that they will unlike what some people claim.

I will tell you one thing-this lawsuit will be watched very keenly by the likes of EA & Activision ;)

Again, it's not likely to go anywhere.

Especially now with allegations of insider trading among the investors. Suing for damages from a product who's stock you shorted? :ROFLMAO:

Fair DLCs, expansion policy, no lootboxes, great games - subjective (excluding current game, it's at best mediocre-goodish), no DRM games are terms that are not related in any way, shape or form to the concept of psychological conditioning, they are (in general) financial policies and strategic decisions. Sure, it's commendable and I truly admire the direction CDPR is trying to push the gaming industry into, don't get me wrong. Make no mistake tho, these decisions are 90% revolving around profit, CDPR is not game Jesus, the company is just trying to paint itself in a friendly light (and taking action in this direction) to boost profit.

Now, when I say "psychological conditioning", I refer to the act of reinforcing certain ideas that consumers want to believe (through certain stimulus), in order to obtain a predictable response from them. This practice is not only limited to the gaming industry, it is widely utilized in many domains, most notably in marketing and advertising, because of it's effectiveness. Why do you think the game broke sales records on the first day of release, despite being a mediocre game. In part because of the straight up lying to increase our expectations and hide the flaws (which they have apologized for and are currently reaping the consequences - lawsuit), but also because of this conditioning and marketing. "If you play our game, you are cool, you are mature and socially savvy"..." if you buy our game you are a smart gamer" etc. Why do you think reviewers were allowed to show only well crafted gameplay trailers (beside the reason to hide the games flaws)? Why do you think you see and hear the words "pro consumer policy" excessively? Why not let actions speak for themselves, as you so eloquently listed above. Small gestures and words in the gameplay footage before release wanted to FURTHER reinforce the idea of buying the game the first chance the consumer gets. THE TEHNO-NECROMANCERS OF ALPHA CENTAURI !!!! :)) ok, I will stop ranting...

TL;DR;
Joking aside, this is the way of the current world. Trust no one (except family), filter everything. Personally, I am not angry at CDPR, they just do everything they can to thrive. As for the concept of "psychological conditioning" u so expertly singled out, it is sadly an integrated mechanism of marketing at this point. Gone are the days in which adverts sounded like: "This is the product, this is what it does, try it and draw your conclusions. We think you will enjoy it and are proud of it."

Also, it is way to soon to draw any conclusion regarding CDPR. The way they are perceived banks heavily on the next course of action they take after the holidays, imo. And seeing as CDPR loves multiple choices and branching storylines *cough*, I will list a few of my own personal thoughts, just to stimulate this convo:

1: They fix the majority of the bugs and really add most of the laundry list of features the game is missing. (highly unlikely)
2: They fix the majority of the bugs, add small features that require very few resources and release modding tools to let the community fix the game, focusing on the next story based DLC and multiplayer (maybe)

You're agreeing that CDPR's practices are commendable and it makes sense people like it, but then begin to "expose" them with Captain Obvious rants about it being business. I couldn't care less, because I'm happy as a gamer and as a customer. They do it like I prefer it to be done. Hence my money goes to CDPR instead of EA, Ubisoft or Activision Blizzard.

Remains to be seen in case of CP77 though, because I have only a few hours with this game.

How many times in our gaming careers....and thats a large span of years.....have we seen gaming companies get sued. How many won...how many lost.

Same bucket.......different smell.
I recall the time that Crytek sued the developers of Star Citizen for breach of contract for switching over to The LumberYard engine, and for not actually switching over to The LumberYard engine...

It was quite a farce.

take solace in the knowledge you're not alone. i'm no expert on the development process, but i realize there are many variables to consider. things are never as easy as many of these kids think that it is. but that doesn't stop them from complaining about it.

i find it ironic, although i'm sure they wouldn't see the connection, that many of these people complaining about the game not delivering on it's promises, are the same ones who complained that game was delayed. they are the same ones who complain about the strict deadlines that people working on the project were placed under. they were raised by parents who told them when something doesn't go the way that they want, they need to find someone to complain to. they complain and complain and complain.

well i got some news for these people, life is the thing that happening while you're busy complaining about it. may i suggest you use all that energy you've dedicated in the pursuit of things that ultimately don't matter, and channeling it into something meaningful? you, and the people forced to occupy the plane of existence as you, will all be better off

/rant
not me when the game got delayed i was disappointed but i got over it and moved on. this game is so much fun i would hate them so much more if they "pulled the plug" for CP2077 just like how EA did with ME:A. game had so much potential but never was given the chance.

CDPR isn't going to abandon Cyberpunk because of all this drama. CDPR will flourish again, and so will this IP. By the time this actually makes it to a courtroom, the game will already be in a vastly superior state compared to launch. They won't lose, they're going to win. Even if they lose the lawsuit, they will still win so long as they support the game. Considering that the game is printing money right now, the future may be rocky, but it will be bright for the devs and their work.

TL;DR;

Actually, they proves that they are a special company at least part of the people of the company that feel their image is very important and they have stated that their trust they have been trying to build have been over so many years is undermined. The refunds, patches and free DLCs. The amount of detail they put into their games and the long time support they offer for them is amazing. They also unlike most companies actually do listen to costumers.

They are truly special. Saying they are just like other is rather hurting for CDPR as it is unfair.

Actually, they proves that they are a special company at least part of the people of the company that feel their image is very important and they have stated that their trust they have been trying to build have been over so many years is undermined. The refunds, patches and free DLCs. The amount of detail they put into their games and the long time support they offer for them is amazing. They also unlike most companies actually do listen to costumers.

They are truly special. Saying they are just like other is rather hurting for CDPR as it is unfair.
i hope you're right man people right now are having serious doubts about cdpr as if 2020 couldn't make it even more worse.

Some people think that they will do justice for actions that at most, talk about money or are interested in money ... and not in the game.

I don't know if this topic is just an ode to innocence ...

I hope it goes well for them and it only remains in an agreement, to give a certain amount of money and not go to court. I don't want this company to go bankrupt, it's one of my favorites

Top Bottom