Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+

This was a similar situation. Blizzard being sued by their investors and shareholders by the same law firm. Any updates to what happened with this case against Blizzard, so we could get an idea what could happen with CDPR

Cyberpunk: Immortal on everybody's phones?:eek:

This was a similar situation. Blizzard being sued by their investors and shareholders by the same law firm. Any updates to what happened with this case against Blizzard, so we could get an idea what could happen with CDPR

Updated: Mar 5, 2019

The date of the story tells you all you need to know. Typical. Drag it out, charge the clients for all the billable hours you can. Especially if they're rich. Eventually, say "oh well, we tried..... sorry" :ROFLMAO:

Video game companies are some of the riskiest publicly traded investments on the market. Why would CDPR be any different? And they've already publicly committed to fixing the game for the affected consoles. So why would any court even hear this case just weeks after the game's release? Before the promised remedy is either completed or not within a reasonable timeframe? By this logic, if the Dow fell far below it's last quarter projections, every investor could whine that they lied in their projections and sue. Fat effin' chance. Stocks come with an inherent risk on investment. You win some, you lose some. Cry more.
Dang. I'm actually not expecting the game to improve in features and AI. Just bug fixing. It would be insane if they could really pull this off before any court could accept the case. Hopeful here but still not expecting much.

Dang. I'm actually not expecting the game to improve in features and AI. Just bug fixing. It would be insane if they could really pull this off before any court could accept the case. Hopeful here but still not expecting much.

They only need to make the game stable and playable on the hardware they promised it would to satisfy the investor claims. Nothing more is required from a strictly technical view. Microsoft and Sony have vested interests in seeing this game fixed. Sony especially, as I'm sure they want to add it back to their store.

Reputationally, it's another story. If they expect the fanbase of their games (and that goes for ANY of their games) to stick by them, they need to pull out all the stops and deliver what they promised the fans. Or at least as much of it as they possibly can. I'm betting on the latter.

We'll have a better idea of where things are going by the time the February patch rolls out.

They only need to make the game stable and playable on the hardware they promised it would to satisfy the investor claims. Nothing more is required from a strictly technical view. Microsoft and Sony have vested interests in seeing this game fixed. Sony especially, as I'm sure they want to add it back to their store.

Reputationally, it's another story. If they expect the fanbase of their games (and that goes for ANY of their games) to stick by them, they need to pull out all the stops and deliver what they promised the fans. Or at least as much of it as they possibly can. I'm betting on the latter.

We'll have a better idea of where things are going by the time the February patch rolls out.
Kinda exciting and kinda worrisome. Having that one dev mention that they realistically need 6 more months. It feels no different from waiting on a delay. Except the alpha is already in our hands. I hope they pull it off and I def hope PR learned not to excitedly over market to the point of blurting out non-existent aspects.

I have a bad feeling that this might be the end of CDPR they have nobody to support them in these dark moments

Kinda exciting and kinda worrisome. Having that one dev mention that they realistically need 6 more months. It feels no different from waiting on a delay. Except the alpha is already in our hands. I hope they pull it off and I def hope PR learned not to excitedly over market to the point of blurting out non-existent aspects.

The thing is, I'm willing to bet that a LOT of what they promised WAS actually in the game at one point.

It's all too often that devs work hard at putting a feature or mechanic into a game, and then end up having to scale things back or shortcut them (leaving them largely unpolished) to meet some artificial investor or corporate deadline. It's a never-ending battle within the industry.

If investors/corporate bigwigs didn't want to risk losing money, they should never have pushed the game out without a full cycle of QA on EVERY hardware configuration imaginable. My guess is in 2-3 months we'll have a rock-solid foundation in what we already have, and then 4-6 months worth of feature patches to follow.

When you allow devs to communicate with the fanbase saying "it's done when it's done" (or worse, you do so as a company), then you have to commit to letting THEM decide when the game is ready to put out to market. And not a minute before.

I have a bad feeling that this might be the end of CDPR they have nobody to support them in these dark moments
Not really. I bet they're enjoying the holidays with the money made from the 13 million sales that still is rising. Future expansion packs or a complete edition would just earn them a boat load of money in the long run, so I don't really see them getting sued into bankruptcy

I actually think that knowing the route they are taking by February is extremely optimistic. I think February will mark the point that CDPR has to actually tell us what they can and cannot implement based off the amount of performance that they can coax out of the engine and the hardware configurations that are being ran, it's a sad fact that what I consider average performance hardware wise is out of the reach of 95%+ of PC gamers and all current and next gen console gamers. IF they considerably downgrade the graphical fidelity of the game to be at the optimized performance range of the 1XXX series, they may be able to re-implement approximately 50% of the cut content. We likely won't be receiving things like wall running/climbing and the fashion system seems like it will be too much of a performance sink to implement.

That being said I expect the AI issues to be somewhat resolved in Jan/Feb for most players except those on cards weaker than the 1080, the reason for this is the weaker cards are off-loading graphics processing to the CPU for certain things which I believe may be causing some of the AI quirkiness, as I haven't seen those issues myself, the AI in my game isn't as bad as some have shown theirs to be on youtube, as I regularly get one shot-through walls by guys with tech rifles on Very Hard their headshot ability is uncanny as fuck, they use cover semi-intelligently and while they don't make the best tactical decisions neither are they the worst I have ever seen though normal sniper AI needs some work, and outside of Netrunners who only apparently have 2-3 quick hack choices across all levels.

I expect we will see talks of the addition of factions through free-DLC size additions come 2Q21, and a continuation of V's story come 4Q21 in the form of a paid DLC to expand (in this context I mean fill in) the game world. Between those two points, I expect a great deal of AI balancing, weapons/gear balancing, and other additions that were promised as part of the games lunch but didn't ship such as apartments, races, possibly an increase to persistent NPC's and decrease of the number of procedurally generate NPC's. Transitioning away from procedurally generated NPC's is necessary to establish actual Day/Night cycles and routines for the various NPCs. At some point I expect more romance options to become available as well. I also expect to see significant changes in the Perk tree's as there are too many percent bonuses, not enough flat bonuses, and too many combat oriented perks and not enough social perks, ideally Body, Intelligence, Technical Expertise and Cool will have their own social interaction options expanded and perks added to their trees to represent those social interaction opportunities.

The game as currently optimized is optimized for the 20XX series cards and their AMD equivalents. With the release of the 30XX series Nvidia moved the performance divide again. My 2080 Super, in spite of being considered a high range card a year ago, is now considered a mid-range model, and the former middle tier the 1XXX series are now at the lower end of their shelf lives. A 1080Ti is no longer considered the beast of a card that it was even three years ago. Fortunately for PC gamers, we have hit the overhead value on production lines for Moore's Law which means that the release of STRONGER cards is likely to slow, allowing driver support to finally catch up with the rat-race that has been the break-neck race to stronger cards from a sheer calculation standpoint. Instead they will focus on broadening the scope of cards, such as boosting concurrent performance of both rasterization and ray-tracing performance when used side-by-side.

TL;DR: What we get feature wise is very much dependent on code streamlining based off of the compromise of graphical fidelity due to the complexity of Night City as it exists in relation to lighting and shadow geometry, and to a lesser extent texture quality.

I actually think that knowing the route they are taking by February is extremely optimistic. I think February will mark the point that CDPR has to actually tell us what they can and cannot implement based off the amount of performance that they can coax out of the engine and the hardware configurations that are being ran, it's a sad fact that what I consider average performance hardware wise is out of the reach of 95%+ of PC gamers and all current and next gen console gamers. IF they considerably downgrade the graphical fidelity of the game to be at the optimized performance range of the 1XXX series, they may be able to re-implement approximately 50% of the cut content. We likely won't be receiving things like wall running/climbing and the fashion system seems like it will be too much of a performance sink to implement.

That being said I expect the AI issues to be somewhat resolved in Jan/Feb for most players except those on cards weaker than the 1080, the reason for this is the weaker cards are off-loading graphics processing to the CPU for certain things which I believe may be causing some of the AI quirkiness, as I haven't seen those issues myself, the AI in my game isn't as bad as some have shown theirs to be on youtube, as I regularly get one shot-through walls by guys with tech rifles on Very Hard their headshot ability is uncanny as fuck, they use cover semi-intelligently and while they don't make the best tactical decisions neither are they the worst I have ever seen though normal sniper AI needs some work, and outside of Netrunners who only apparently have 2-3 quick hack choices across all levels.

I expect we will see talks of the addition of factions through free-DLC size additions come 2Q21, and a continuation of V's story come 4Q21 in the form of a paid DLC to expand (in this context I mean fill in) the game world. Between those two points, I expect a great deal of AI balancing, weapons/gear balancing, and other additions that were promised as part of the games lunch but didn't ship such as apartments, races, possibly an increase to persistent NPC's and decrease of the number of procedurally generate NPC's. Transitioning away from procedurally generated NPC's is necessary to establish actual Day/Night cycles and routines for the various NPCs. At some point I expect more romance options to become available as well. I also expect to see significant changes in the Perk tree's as there are too many percent bonuses, not enough flat bonuses, and too many combat oriented perks and not enough social perks, ideally Body, Intelligence, Technical Expertise and Cool will have their own social interaction options expanded and perks added to their trees to represent those social interaction opportunities.

The game as currently optimized is optimized for the 20XX series cards and their AMD equivalents. With the release of the 30XX series Nvidia moved the performance divide again. My 2080 Super, in spite of being considered a high range card a year ago, is now considered a mid-range model, and the former middle tier the 1XXX series are now at the lower end of their shelf lives. A 1080Ti is no longer considered the beast of a card that it was even three years ago. Fortunately for PC gamers, we have hit the overhead value on production lines for Moore's Law which means that the release of STRONGER cards is likely to slow, allowing driver support to finally catch up with the rat-race that has been the break-neck race to stronger cards from a sheer calculation standpoint. Instead they will focus on broadening the scope of cards, such as boosting concurrent performance of both rasterization and ray-tracing performance when used side-by-side.

TL;DR: What we get feature wise is very much dependent on code streamlining based off of the compromise of graphical fidelity due to the complexity of Night City as it exists in relation to lighting and shadow geometry, and to a lesser extent texture quality.
Do you think that we consoles users will be redeemed when all this is over ? because you do remember that this game was target for ps4 and Xbox one i don't remember anything about PC but i do remember it was for consoles so let me know.

Is anyone with legal expertise that can clarify what could realistically happen if they lose? Because I have no idea. And also, are there similar cases? I mean, it's not the first buggy and unpplayable game released out there (GTA 4 or Batman Arkham Knight come to my mind).

I would say about a 1%ish chance this will actually go to court(trial). The overwhelming majority of cases like this are settled out of court at least in America anyway, I can't speak for the rest of the world. The reason for this is that the cost of fighting and winning/losing is often as much if not more expensive then settling along with all the other possible bad PR from things that could come out during the trial. Companies generally like to keep them skeletons firmly in the closet. There's only two ways I see this going to court, if CDPR is 100% sure they will win and with no severe negative consequences or CDPR isn't willing to settle for a satisfactory amount and/or condition(s) with whomever is suing them.
My legal expertise: I am not a lawyer but a few in my immediate family are.

The thing is, I'm willing to bet that a LOT of what they promised WAS actually in the game at one point.

It's all too often that devs work hard at putting a feature or mechanic into a game, and then end up having to scale things back or shortcut them (leaving them largely unpolished) to meet some artificial investor or corporate deadline. It's a never-ending battle within the industry.

If investors/corporate bigwigs didn't want to risk losing money, they should never have pushed the game out without a full cycle of QA on EVERY hardware configuration imaginable. My guess is in 2-3 months we'll have a rock-solid foundation in what we already have, and then 4-6 months worth of feature patches to follow.

When you allow devs to communicate with the fanbase saying "it's done when it's done" (or worse, you do so as a company), then you have to commit to letting THEM decide when the game is ready to put out to market. And not a minute before.

This. Exactly this. Games are like puzzle pieces according to Cory Barlog but more complex. They are made in parts and aspects. The hardest part will always be putting them together which breeds all kinds of bugs and then realizing that there are pieces that they think doesn't fit. I.e. One team would create the wall running mechanic and the other designs the open-world map. I reckon that the moment they realized that the map was designed with far too few places to accommodate WR and then another mechanic such as dash double-jump could cover twice the ground WR ever could, would render Wall-Running obsolete. Hence they took it out(could be wrong it's just i.e). But that kind of revisioning happens way too often even in late development and takes up too much time esp in open-worlds that have a lot of complex systems and mechanics like Cyberwares that could easily break the game *cough*Kerenzikov hop*cough* pls don't patch it.

It's sad that higher-ups sacrificed the game's integrity in order to please investor deadlines. But I don't know what choice they had in that matter. They could've spent more time on this and not push out unrealistic release dates despite the consumer pressure and impatience. I mean, imagine if this actually went out last April. lol It'd probably be even more bare-bones than what we have now.
Post automatically merged:

Do you think that we consoles users will be redeemed when all this is over ? because you do remember that this game was target for ps4 and Xbox one i don't remember anything about PC but i do remember it was for consoles so let me know.
Most probably you'll get resolution, graphical optimizations, and stability updates. I don't think it's recommended practice in the industry for a company to add in game feature/mechanic to one system and have it be nonexistent on the other. That would be unfair. TW3 was the same game through and through on Switch as it is on PS4, XB1 and PC. Only with lowered resolution and optimized visuals.

So if you don't get that feature update. Everyone won't get that feature update. AI updates included.

That said there are some rare exceptions like Smash Bros 4 on 3Ds vs WiiU versions have vastly different maps and some features are nonexistent on the 3Ds. You know how big N rolls.. they're far from fair.

Last edited:
Is anyone with legal expertise that can clarify what could realistically happen if they lose? Because I have no idea. And also, are there similar cases? I mean, it's not the first buggy and unpplayable game released out there (GTA 4 or Batman Arkham Knight come to my mind).
what do you afraid of? they might go bankrupt but yet their employees and staff/team could migrate to other corps also. I mean there is not like if the brand dissapear, the product-style will disappear also...

Cyberpunk 2077 was initially announced in 2012, as a PC exclusive and wasn't confirmed officially for consoles until 2018's E3. and Stadia's release was announced at E3 2019. So for the majority of the games rumored developmental existence it was primarily a PC exclusive. That was likely due to CDPR being primarily a PC exclusive company for a very large portion of the parent companies existence.

Honestly mate, console gamers are getting to the point where your systems are indistinguishable in tech and function from a PC. The primary difference is cost, due to cheaper quality parts being in consoles due to the nature of mass producing a console to very, very specific specs, and operating software. The PS5 and Xbox Series X|S will compete with entry level gaming PC's, maybe even all the way up to low end mid-tier systems in terms of performance, and they should always be viewed that way. We are still a long ways off from a console actually competing in visual performance at higher visual fidelity settings with even a moderate gaming PC. That gap should close in the coming years, possibly the next generation after the 5 and X|S, but with that increase of performance comes one of two scenarios, either PC prices will significantly drop -or- console prices will be taking another price hike to account for high quality hardware. But as of right now, a console is always going to be an upscaled image relying on acceleration hardware to achieve most of its texture fidelity and consoles are notoriously bad at handling complex lighting and shadow rendering. I've owned every console to date, and have yet to own one that could match my PC's performance and graphic intensity.

The framerate caps on consoles are not going anywhere, anytime soon as it's the primary method of controlling processor cycles and heat generation on console and actual real time native 4k is unlikely to occur at over 30fps even on the 5 and X|S with any type of high end lighting production or complex render scenes due to that reason, no matter the level of optimization that is performed. There's a reason most high end rigs have liquid cooling. If I were to swap my current liquid cooling loop out for fans, and keep in mind that that would require me to purchase a new graphics card, I wouldn't be capable of running CP2077 at the settings I am, as my temps would hard spike due to the amount of utilization this game actually pushes high mid tier and low high tier hardware too.

As for redemption, it depends on your expectations, and I imagine CDPR is going to be reaching out to all of us at some point about our performance issues following many of the performance patches, precisely because the amount of engine performance they can get out of the consoles is likely going to determine the amount and variety of their implementations of many systems that we would like to see. Graphical fidelity and performance always has an effect on the other systems in a game, there's a reason some of the best looking games on the market fidelity wise are also more simple and straight-forward games. Graphically, Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk are two of the most ambitious fully open-world games that have been attempted. Neither of them run well on consoles, or low end PC's, some of that is optimization but a larger piece of that is the graphical settings for lighting and shadows that are involved in both games.

I as a PC gamer feel lied to. The fact they gutted the game to work on last gen consoles, but then put that same gutted version on PC makes me mad as hell. Am I going to try and sue someone? No. That's just a bit ridiculous. Anyways... Just watch this...

I have the game on PC and PS4 and on my PC it is running smoother than expected(full settings, 1080p without RT on a 1080 and an 8700K4, so older hardware) and on PS4 it is still running perfectly fine imo.
But nonetheless, I feel like people are overlooking the many small details in this game which make it really interesting in my opinion.

They will become less worth and therefore "cheap enough to buy" by EA or someone else... and we will have another good game company getting closed.

This could become a very sad story.
And to all who wrote, that this could be a good thing ... is this really what you want? Everything being EA or Activion?
If the alternative to that is the kind of company that after eight year dev cycle and endless hype releases unfinished products under false advertising and manipulates the media to hide just how unfinished the products are, then yeah, EA and Activision start looking positively angelic by comparison.

Stop going all with the trite and tired comparisons to EAs and Ubisofts and Activisions, as if there's no one else making games but those three and CD Projekt.

anyone who thought this game could run on last gen potatos deserved to get ripped off lol
Next time you walk down a dark alley and some mugger decides to shank you and steal your wallet, I hope the police adopt the same mindset. After all, the hell were you doing down that particular alley on that particular evening, you deserve to be robbed.

And then the cops kick you in the shin for good measure and walk away laughing, without even bothering to call the ambulance.

If the alternative to that is the kind of company that after eight year dev cycle and endless hype releases unfinished products under false advertising and manipulates the media to hide just how unfinished the products are, then yeah, EA and Activision start looking positively angelic by comparison.

Stop going all with the trite and tired comparisons to EAs and Ubisofts and Activisions, as if there's no one else making games but those three and CD Projekt.

Next time you walk down a dark alley and some mugger decides to shank you and steal your wallet, I hope the police adopt the same mindset. After all, the hell were you doing down that particular alley on that particular evening, you deserve to be robbed.

And then the cops kick you in the shin for good measure and walk away laughing, without even bothering to call the ambulance.

Oof..

:cool:

Top Bottom