Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
That's what happens when you deliberately hide evidence of the gameplay on all platforms and consistently lie about the state of a game's performance, bugs, and graphical quality.

ok now instead of fixing game and adding more content, CDPR will spend time and money fighting law suits and maybe even lay off some working force

I fail to see how a lawsuit takes away time from the devs actually working on the game, if some of the suits get tangled up in the process, that's even better, after all they are the ones who screwed up.

And with the money they got from selling all these copies, I doubt a few lawsuits will bankrupt them.
Post automatically merged:

If the alternative to that is the kind of company that after eight year dev cycle and endless hype releases unfinished products under false advertising and manipulates the media to hide just how unfinished the products are, then yeah, EA and Activision start looking positively angelic by comparison.

No, no they really don't. They are at least just as bad, but instead of once, they've pulled shit like this several times.
Until CDPR repeatedly does it like this time around, EA, Activision, Bethesda, Ubisoft and all the other big publishers are still worse (if only by the number of times they've screwed gamers over and not the severity of how they did it).

I fail to see how a lawsuit takes away time from the devs actually working on the game, if some of the suits get tangled up in the process, that's even better, after all they are the ones who screwed up.

And with the money they got from selling all these copies, I doubt a few lawsuits will bankrupt them.

Time is money. If the money is all spent on lawsuits, nobody can get paid to fix or add to the game. However, if now near everything is spent on development instead of wasting another penny on marketing, possible.. We shall see.

Time is money. If the money is all spent on lawsuits, nobody can get paid to fix or add to the game. However, if now near everything is spent on development instead of wasting another penny on marketing, possible.. We shall see.

They sold 13 million copies of the game, they have more than enough money.

That's not including any recent updates, nor the returns after the holidays have ended.

Let us be realistic, the cash grabbed enough from their marketing and the refund policies of other shops etc that they won't be hurt bad. And also there won't be much pain when they got sued as there will be enough people forgetting everything after a year or two when patches and dlc rolled out.

Let us be realistic, the cash grabbed enough from their marketing and the refund policies of other shops etc that they won't be hurt bad. And also there won't be much pain when they got sued as there will be enough people forgetting everything after a year or two when patches and dlc rolled out.

Yeah, we hope so. Again, the holiday return rush is nowhere near over yet.

I can't begin to guess because of how unpredictable this entire situation has been.

That's not including any recent updates, nor the returns after the holidays have ended.

Being generous, I'll say that even IF that figure dropped to 10 million sold, that's STILL around a half-BILLION dollars from sales. Subtract the distribution cut for each platform, and you're still well above a quarter-billion.

CDPR will be just fine. Frivolous investor lawsuits be damned :ROFLMAO:

Lol, way too many people jumped on the hate bandwagon. Push come to shove, if really gets THAT bad, CD Projekt Red will just end up under the Microsoft umbrella. That will completely segment the gaming market and hurt gaming, but this is what gamers deserve for overreacting to all this.

I'm a big fan of Bethesda's buggy Fallout games so I was right at home with this one, but I haven't hit a game breaking bug yet.

Last edited:
you do know that game companies get lawsuits made against them daily very few ever win because its a very grey area, heck I forget how many lawsuits NMS had against it, and rockstar and warner were always on lawyers hotlist Blizzard and EA have all had respective "you lied" lawsuits as well. Out of court settlements you prob never hear about so you cant make an educated assumption there, but legal fillings rarely ever win

hope they wont abandon this game and start working on Witcher 4
I doubt we will see Witcher game anytime soon, if ever again.
Post automatically merged:

Lol, way too many people jumped on the hate bandwagon. Push come to shove, if really gets THAT bad, CD Projekt Red will just end up under the Microsoft umbrella. That will completely segment the gaming market and hurt gaming, but this is what gamers deserve for overreacting to all this.

I'm a big fan of Bethesda's buggy Fallout games so I was right at home with this one.

It's too soon to tell if Microsoft acquisition is bad move or not, Phil Spencer look he cares and old Xbox mistakes are for now only history. We can tell how bad or good it is after Hellblade 2, Avowed or Bethesda games (btw for Bethesda this was very good move to be bought by Microsoft, because after Fallout and Wolfenstein we can say they suck (DOOM and Prey are last two good games).

It's too soon to tell if Microsoft acquisition is bad move or not, Phil Spencer look he cares and old Xbox mistakes are for now only history. We can tell how bad or good it is after Hellblade 2, Avowed or Bethesda games (btw for Bethesda this was very good move to be bought by Microsoft, because after Fallout and Wolfenstein we can say they suck (DOOM and Prey are last two good games).

Whether it's a bad move or not? All those PS5 owners wouldn't be able to play any CD Projekt Red games.

It's great for me since I play on PC and have game pass, but that's not good for gaming overall.

Well, I'm not a fan of any kind of Demon Soul's game BUT I have enough perspective to see why other people would like those games.

No, no they really don't. They are at least just as bad, but instead of once, they've pulled shit like this several times.
Until CDPR repeatedly does it like this time around, EA, Activision, Bethesda, Ubisoft and all the other big publishers are still worse (if only by the number of times they've screwed gamers over and not the severity of how they did it).

Sure but those companies all also have a way longer history and more games under their belt that are loved by its players too. CDPR only has one game that is universally loved and actually mentioned by people and that is The Witcher 3. The fact that they already pulled this stunt directly after that game should be alarming.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
This quote could already be CDPRs new slogan because I have very rarely seen a company that has done such a fast 180 turn. In most other companies it was a slow and steady process as they got bigger and more successful and looked for additional ways to grow. CDPR have resorted to this directly after their first big success.

Don't get me wrong I have no stakes or personal vendetta in this. I don't care what happens with the company. I don't know them and neither do they know me. I bought a product from them and while it isn't truly bad, it also isn't quite what was promised. So I can see is that there are certainly liars and opportunists working for CDPR and they are in positions of power too and so I will watch everything they are doing or saying with a heavy dose of scrutiny from now on just like I do with other companies. Just because they are statistically still not as bad as some other companies doesn't mean anything because it doesn't work that way. Either you give a me reason to mistrust you or you don't. You know the whole fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me type of thing.

First the investors seem to exert pressure to rush the games' release, then they appear to turn around and sue because it's released too early?

I feel that this kind of conduct makes a mockery of true justice.

Name the cases when they've pulled shit like this several times.

Name the cases when they've pulled shit like this several times.
Oh they have a shit ton of microtransactions! Oh wait..
They sell loot box-- nah that's not it.
In-game casi-nope.
Paid DLCs that were actually cut content? lol
Telling gamers to f*ck off if you don't like their game? I hope they would.
In-game roadblocks? Well Watson was in lockdown for a time so. Refundnao

In all seriousness. Worst they've done before this single fiasco was TW3 downgrade. Game was still a massive hit despite that.

Last edited:
Oh they have a shit ton of microtransactions! Oh wait..
They sell loot box-- nah that's not it.
In-game casi-nope.
Paid DLCs that were actually cut content? lol
Telling gamers to f*ck off if you don't like their game? I hope they would.
In-game roadblocks? Well Watson was in lockdown for a time so. Refundnao
So... are you going to start naming cases when they've mass deceived paying customers, partners, investors and journalists all at once and goaded people into buying a game that's not only technically far from finished, but also lacks a lot of widely advertised and publicised features or are you just going to go with the same false equivalences that hold water no better than a fishnet? 'cause let me tell you, lootboxes and microtransactions? Yeah, those suck on toast. Paid DLCs that were cut from the game? Malicious as hell. But people usually know about those upfront. I knew about microtransactions in Middle-Earth: Shadow of War from the get go and thus didn't buy it until they were removed from the game. I knew Mass Effect 3 had a DLC which was blatantly and crudely cut from the main game. In both cases I made my indignation clear. Also? Both of those games actually goddamn functioned (even if ME3 has more issues than a newsstand). If you're gonna argue and pretend having some unwanted black pepper on your steak (that's put in there so you'd buy more drinks at the bar) is the same as getting only a half of said steak, and said half is goddamn raw, then I don't know if you even deserve to ever see reason.
P.S. On a side note, I love how you specifically denote that paid DLCs that are just cut content are bad, because CDPR's "16 week of DLCs" promo was just that - cut content. But ever heard of the phrase "if you get something for free, the sold commodity is you?" Yeah. They weren't just giving them for free out of the kindness of their hearts, it was a calculated PR move intended to earn through your loyalty even as they developed actually expansion packs to sell for actual money... and pretended they solved a glaring issue in a certain version of the game even though anyone who played it for longer than two minutes could instantly tell they didn't. CDPR did it because they wanted you to see them as the good guys and secure your loyalty at little expense to themselves; a move that, sadly, seems to have succeded. A pity a lot of people still believe that CDPR are these dashing good guys that are the sole ray of sunshine in the sky clouded with fumes from corporate bullshit and not just the same old corporation, but with better PR and have been that same old corporation for at least half a friggin' decade. TANSTAAFL, dude. TANSTAAFL.

Top Bottom