Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
Is anyone with legal expertise that can clarify what could realistically happen if they lose? Because I have no idea. And also, are there similar cases? I mean, it's not the first buggy and unpplayable game released out there (GTA 4 or Batman Arkham Knight come to my mind).

Last edited:
Hmm, that's not why Sony pulled it, though. Sony had plenty of broken games left alone, we ALL know this. The reason Sony pulled the game was because they(CDPR) offered refunds without consulting Sony first and Sony's policy is no refunds. The response from Sony was swift, they removed it because they don't do refunds on digital merch. I don't know how this will go, but it's the legal fees all around that will be wasted if they come at it this way.

Is anyone with legal expertise that can clarify what could realistically happen if they lose? Because I have no idea
Well, from the basic business law knowledge I have: Payment of damages... usually. Question is, will CDPR settle out of court or go through a legal procedure. If they settle, it's just monetary compensation for the damaged parties. If they go to court, there could be other ramifications... most interesting thing if they should loose there, though: It could create legal precedence for future, similar lawsuits, which could have quite a long-term impact on the industry.

That being said, parties usually settle out of court in such situations...
Would it have an effect on game development though if they lose?
Probably not, either way... they could be ordered to fix the game, and to bring it to a certain level of quality within a set time limit, in addition to monetary compensation, if they should loose an actual trial, but I HIIIGHLY doubt it will ever come to that.

Last edited:
Oh well, they deserve it.
They consciously and deliberately hid the technical condition of CP2077 on PS4/XOne, they didn't deliver PS4/XOne copies for reviewers to make sure no one will find out what is going on before the release date.
They cheated everyone who bought the game and must be punished for it.

Oh well, they deserve it.
They consciously and deliberately hid the technical condition of CP2077 on PS4/XOne, they didn't deliver PS4/XOne copies for reviewers to make sure no one will find out what is going on before the release date.
They cheated everyone who bought the game and must be punished for it.
Yea, but it's not really about that, though... not really. It's about what they told their investors, not the customers. All of this would have been "totally fine" if they had fessed up their board.

Yea, but it's not really about that, though... not really. It's about what they told their investors, not the customers. All of this would have been "totally fine" if they had fessed up their board.
What they did remind me a bit movie called "Margin Call".
They knew that after release date people will find out what is going on and the stock prices will drop a lot, so they keep the info for themselves and they sell their shares before that date. If investors will have the same knowledge they will do exactly the same thing but they didn't tell them so they lose a lot of money...

Live and learn. It's not a bad game. It under-promised some features and fell flat in others. But it nailed it's core strength and focus. That being the stories and the characters. I'm sure people won't get that main and side quest quality from any other company right now if cdpr chooses to just give in.

They knew that after release date people will find out what is going on and the stock prices will drop a lot, so they keep the info for themselves and they sell their shares before that date. If investors will have the same knowledge they will do exactly the same thing but they didn't tell them so they lose a lot of money...
Yea, thing is, should this go to court, it could get ugly for the whole of the company, because usually that's when the blame game starts... the management will blame the development teams for not communicating the state of the game correctly, the devs will blame the managers of not listeining, etc. Then you go through memos, e-mails and meeting protocols, etc. etc. etc. ...it's not fun, and can cripple a company for years.

...but, as I said, that's highly unlikely.

On Yahoo Finance there are no insider trading transactions.

EDIT: well, maybe there was some insider trading... Check THIS

Top Bottom