Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
yes, but i dont see what could they said to them different... they would say the same things to investors no matter what, because at that point, release was underway and works on Day1 patch were finishing... i doubt any of them had info that Day1 patch wont be good enough.. (because 1.05 was actually fixing the main issue on PS4 and they rolled it out 7 days later)

Investors have a vote you know, they can tell the company "you cannot release this now" and put pressure on the company to do so.

Remember, investors are IDIOTS who think they know more about running a company than the people with years of experience. American investors of course would destroy a company if it meant a positive return on investment.

It is not about the game... it's about money... greed... this stuff is common in business, the ONLY thing that matters to them is that the stock price fell and the investors were not privy to information that may have affected that.

Turns out false advertising is actually illegal. Who could have guessed?
No Man's Sky anyone ?

It is not about the game... it's about money... greed... this stuff is common in business, the ONLY thing that matters to them is that the stock price fell and the investors were not privy to information that may have affected that.

Exactly what i said up there. Everyone likes those extra 000 behind any number as long as its not so red that when you bring your card to ATM, ATM starts to beg for money to get you out of red XD

even though I think nothing will come of it, they deserve it, false advertisement needs to be punished, enough of the goddamn lies everywhere just to just to get people to buy products that are not what they believed it to be.

cdpr is corpotrash

I would like to know what was happening in their head when they decided to release it in this state.
My biggest question is: are they really were building what we see now minus bugs?
Were they thinking that it's good enough to release it? Because if yes I can't expect something breathtaking in DLC, this is next gen for you? Jesus with that mind you won't go far. And if not, why release like that, what's happening there with all those shareholders or who is in charge?

EDIT: I would like to know other people opinion, please share with me :)

How many times in our gaming careers....and thats a large span of years.....have we seen gaming companies get sued. How many won...how many lost.

Same bucket.......different smell.

They sold 13 million copies and that's taking the refunds into account. They won't go bankrupt because of this lawsuit.
Even if they should.
CDPR made all dev costs back with pre-orders and day 1 sales alone. Right now it's just profits (disregarding the CDPR stock).
They should put their heads down and actually finish the game after the holidays.
Kinda like Hello Games did with No Man's Sky.

They can take it... I just hope they learn from it.

They will become less worth and therefore "cheap enough to buy" by EA or someone else... and we will have another good game company getting closed.

This could become a very sad story.
And to all who wrote, that this could be a good thing ... is this really what you want? Everything being EA or Activion?
:(

RIP
  • Bullfrog Productions. ...
  • Origin Systems. ...
  • Mythic Entertainment. ...
  • Pandemic Studios. ...
  • DreamWorks Interactive/Danger Close Games. ...
  • Waystone Games. ...
  • Westwood Studios. ...
  • BioWare Montreal.

Regards

I am baffled some people talks about unrealistic expectations. Considering 10 years ago games have open world and basically everything better than cyberpunk 2077 minus the graphic. Heck gta san andreas open world was super interactive CJ body would shape depending on what it was eating if he did gym activities and that actually reflected even in to the gameplay. There were stores bars and stuff all around. Cyberpunk 2077 has a fancy graphic and that's about it.

What CDPR should of done is shown what the game looked like and ran like on PC, PS5 and the new Xbox. (I don't know its name) Then said they are going to release the game also on ps4 and xbox 1, but with a honest video of it. Then say to the public "this is what the game looks like on last generation consoles. If you wish to play it." This way no one would of been misled by the hype train.

I am baffled some people talks about unrealistic expectations. Considering 10 years ago games have open world and basically everything better than cyberpunk 2077 minus the graphic. Heck gta san andreas open world was super interactive CJ body would shape depending on what it was eating if he did gym activities and that actually reflected even in to the gameplay. There were stores bars and stuff all around. Cyberpunk 2077 has a fancy graphic and that's about it.
Yea, but they also told people not to expect a GTA like game... but still an action adventure... not a RPG. Let's face it, they didn't tell us anything, really. Just that the game was great and had Keanu Reeves in it. :rolleyes:

I would like to know what was happening in their head when they decided to release it in this state.
My biggest question is: are they really were building what we see now minus bugs?
Were they thinking that it's good enough to release it? Because if yes I can't expect something breathtaking in DLC, this is next gen for you? Jesus with that mind you won't go far. And if not, why release like that, what's happening there with all those shareholders or who is in charge?

EDIT: I would like to know other people opinion, please share with me :)
I think it was something along the lines off NEED MONEY NOW

From my perspective its a good thing.

Maybe they get a big financial hit and have to dismiss half of their staff ...
Wouldnt mind that...
Cdpr grew obviously to big, to ambitious for their own good.

Better to cut down some wood and learn something for the future.
Some indie companies could rise from that too.

I really hope they can salvage this game but ... it lacks on every front.
The Story/Endings, gameplay, the world itself.
theres so much stuff wrong and they worked so long on this game.

The night city wire presentations are a complete jokes afterwards.

Im really sad and glad that something like this happens. Cyberpunk is maybe a lost cause. But obviously they needed to fall on their face.

Yea, but it's not really about that, though... not really. It's about what they told their investors, not the customers. All of this would have been "totally fine" if they had fessed up their board.

If they fessed up to their investors, the public and gamers would have found out, they are publicly traded company after all... so its all public info...

I think the logic CDPR made was that they would rather fool everyone and get those 8 million preorders and now up to 13 million sales, basically it is best for their bottom line to do the evil/ rake in the profits/ then apologize later and ask for forgiveness and do whatever atonement necessary rather than be upfront and then lose out on sales.... and then not have the money to dig themselves out of the hole that they won't be in in the first place, but that they must have calculated the deception route was still the net positive and best overall outcome for the company revenues.... lawsuits, and refunds be damned

The problem is the dangerous precedent this sets for the gaming industry if they get away with not only the intentionally false and misleading advertisement but also the lack of followup in truly fixing the game and adding back features that were promised that were cut and never even developed/implemented into the game in the first place.... then if gaming companies see they can get away with this sort of behavior it will only continue in the name of capitalism and the bottom line...

I'm not a lawyer or any big time investor, but this whole lawsuit seems completely demented to me.

First of all, buying shares in a company is a gamble, and unless the company is intentionally devalued specifically in order to cause losses for investors, I don't think they have any grounds for suing, to be honest. And what CDPR did seems like a terrible business decision to release a broken game on console, but releasing a broken game is not a crime. And it's very, very unlikely that CDPR management literally manufactured this outcome to devalue their shares. I don't think they're that competent!

If I buy Apple shares, and Apple rushes out a new line of iPhones that explode and have to be recalled immediately at a huge cost (therefore hurting Apple's shares and my investment), the joke's on me for parking my money with them. Consumers can sue for damages if their phones spontaneously explode and cause damage to health or property, but investors just need to take the financial hit for choosing the wrong place to invest. When the pandemic started, global stocks took a massive dive. Will you go and sue the companies you invested in because they failed to prepare for a pandemic (i.e. retail)? It's just plain old incompetence mixed with chance events that trigger a perfect storm.

Unless CDPR did something illegal and intentionally tanked their shares, this is not likely to work at all. I wouldn't even be so sure as to assume CDPR and their business heads saw all of this backlash coming in the first place. It's not like CP2077 would be the first broken AAA game released without any significant consequences, and I wouldn't blame them for thinking it would blow over.

Besides, the game sold really well, and is by no means a commercial failure. I'd say CDPR stocks were inflated in the first place, and there was always going to be a correction after Cyberpunk's release, with or without a botched console launch. There's no way the game was going to deliver everything people imagined it to be. So take a look and learn a bunch of lessons from this situation. One of them would be to simply not invest in crazy overvalued stocks, and if you're so risk averse that you feel robbed after losing money, maybe just use passive index funds next time? Seriously, these people need to grow up. And I'm not even defending CDPR...

Top Bottom