Lawsuit is happening sad days ahead

+
So... are you going to start naming cases when they've mass deceived paying customers, partners, investors and journalists all at once and goaded people into buying a game that's not only technically far from finished, but also lacks a lot of widely advertised and publicised features or are you just going to go with the same false equivalences that hold water no better than a fishnet? 'cause let me tell you, lootboxes and microtransactions? Yeah, those suck on toast. Paid DLCs that were cut from the game? Malicious as hell. But people usually know about those upfront. I knew about microtransactions in Middle-Earth: Shadow of War from the get go and thus didn't buy it until they were removed from the game. I knew Mass Effect 3 had a DLC which was blatantly and crudely cut from the main game. In both cases I made my indignation clear. Also? Both of those games actually goddamn functioned (even if ME3 has more issues than a newsstand). If you're gonna argue and pretend having some unwanted black pepper on your steak (that's put in there so you'd buy more drinks at the bar) is the same as getting only a half of said steak, and said half is goddamn raw, then I don't know if you even deserve to ever see reason.
P.S. On a side note, I love how you specifically denote that paid DLCs that are just cut content are bad, because CDPR's "16 week of DLCs" promo was just that - cut content. But ever heard of the phrase "if you get something for free, the sold commodity is you?" Yeah. They weren't just giving them for free out of the kindness of their hearts, it was a calculated PR move intended to earn through your loyalty even as they developed actually expansion packs to sell for actual money... and pretended they solved a glaring issue in a certain version of the game even though anyone who played it for longer than two minutes could instantly tell they didn't. CDPR did it because they wanted you to see them as the good guys and secure your loyalty at little expense to themselves; a move that, sadly, seems to have succeded. A pity a lot of people still believe that CDPR are these dashing good guys that are the sole ray of sunshine in the sky clouded with fumes from corporate bullshit and not just the same old corporation, but with better PR and have been that same old corporation for at least half a friggin' decade. TANSTAAFL, dude. TANSTAAFL.

Yeah... right, it's not like CDPR isn't translating all of their games into multiple languages not even supported by bigger studios (costs money), it's not like they're patching their games far more often than any other major studio, it's not like they sell you standard editions with goodies for half the price every other studio would charge you (don't get me started on collector's edition, the W3 one I own is worth two collectors edition of other developers), it's not like they sell real expansion packs for half the price any other major studio would charge you. And all of that without any trace of microtransaction, and on a DRM free platform.

Stop being hateful on irrelevant points, it's becoming embarassing seeing people trashing everything about CDPR over unrelated issues. You might have issues with the game, whatever. But trashing everything the studio ever did doesn't help with anything except sounding like a huge crybaby. I guess it's standard now : you either love or hate, no middle grounds. Social media made sure of that.

Last edited:
They will not go to court with this. If anything it will be resolve with the settlement. Like the "Sapkowski Case". It will go away soon. They have the money to make it so.

Yeah... right, it's not like CDPR isn't translating all of their games into multiple languages not even supported by bigger studios (costs money), it's not like they're patching their games far more often than any other major studio, it's not like they sell you standard editions with goodies for half the price every other studio would charge you, it's not like they sell real expansion packs for half the price any other major studio would charge you. And all of that without any trace of microtransaction, and on a DRM free platform.

Stop being hateful on irrelevant points, it's becoming embarassing seeing people trashing everything about CDPR over unrelated issues. You might have issues with the game, whatever. But trashing everything the studio ever did doesn't help with anything except sounding like a huge crybaby. I guess it's standard now : you either love or hate, no middle grounds. Social media made sure of that.

And don't forget amount of free stuff they gave out and DLCs that some that shall not be named would charge for.

And don't forget amount of free stuff they gave out and DLCs that some that shall not be named would charge for.

I didn't even dare mentionning those DLCs because apparently those were a cheap trick to cater to more customers and in fact it would have been even better if they were paid DLCs *sarcasm* (as if people bought games full price because it comes with a bunch of free DLCs anyway...)

Yeah... right, it's not like CDPR isn't translating all of their games into multiple languages
A pity they then proceed to royally screw up the technical side when implementing the translation and never bother fixing it, like it was with Witcher 3.
it's not like they're patching their games far more often than any other major studio
Yeah. It is indeed not like that.
it's not like they sell you standard editions with goodies for half the price every other studio would charge you
Which is meaningless when the game itself doesn't goddamn work.
it's not like they sell real expansion packs for half the price any other major studio would charge you
Depending on the region, this point may or may not ring hollow. It kind of does in my case.
And all of that without any trace of microtransaction
Yet.
and on a DRM free platform.
Which they own and which is a part of their "good guise" strategy. The platform that has been a constant source of disappointment for years now, what's with one widely-publicised and then slowly dying initiative after another or the releases becoming increasingly lazy over the years.
Also the platform the tech support for which has all but disintegrated over the last few weeks. I've received three automatic emails since Dec. 13, but not a single human being have ever laid an eye upon my request. "Oh, but they are busy because a lot of people are filing support requests for Cyberpunk" - and whose goddamn fault is that? And why does this have to be my problem on my own dime?

Also, lol, Devotion, lol.
Stop being hateful on irrelevant points
The game being an evercrashing shitstorm of technical inadequacies and broken promises after years of hype and earning back its dev costs on preorders alone is hardly irrevelant and isn't the first screwup on CD Projekt's part.
You might have issues with the game, whatever. But trashing everything the studio ever did doesn't help with anything except sounding like a huge crybaby.
Yeah, because God forbid I'm unhappy about something and make it known on a public platform! That's just being a crybaby, y'see. If you don't like the product, just shut the hell up.
I guess it's standard now : you either love or hate, no middle grounds. Social media made sure of that.
You know what they say, there's no zealot like a convert.

If the alternative to that is the kind of company that after eight year dev cycle and endless hype releases unfinished products under false advertising and manipulates the media to hide just how unfinished the products are, then yeah, EA and Activision start looking positively angelic by comparison.

Stop going all with the trite and tired comparisons to EAs and Ubisofts and Activisions, as if there's no one else making games but those three and CD Projekt.
Post automatically merged:

Name one

I think the backlash over this game is sad and disproportionate, sure there are issues and missed opportunities but I have never seen a "perfect" game, ever. This is just the last gasps of the effed-up year that was 2020.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game and would like to thank the men and women of CD Projekt Red for their 9 years of hard work to bring us this game!

Yeah... right, it's not like CDPR isn't translating all of their games into multiple languages not even supported by bigger studios (costs money), it's not like they're patching their games far more often than any other major studio, it's not like they sell you standard editions with goodies for half the price every other studio would charge you (don't get me started on collector's edition, the W3 one I own is worth two collectors edition of other developers), it's not like they sell real expansion packs for half the price any other major studio would charge you. And all of that without any trace of microtransaction, and on a DRM free platform.

Wow, got to this page by just browsing and you both have great points you know, I did mention this on another thread but the game is a work of art actually, in the sense that it has awoken passionate responses from everyone, love it or hate it, but we can all agree that objectively the game has some really good things and some really bad things.

Shame that the updates needed are just hotfixes instead of adding/fixing/changing mechanics that are sorely needed but those updates take time sometimes a lot of time.

Also another matter altogether is that yes, for this game CDPR underdelivered on what was advertised, not talkign about grandiose promises or anything, but if you advertise for a brick pool and then sell something like a canvas one then people will be dissapointed.

Now, all we need is a tad bit of patience and let the company do it's thing fixing, updating and adding mechanics if possible, hell we can even accompany that journey with criticism that'll help a lot for the game to grow into what people would love, there's even a whole thread with over (actually 2 I think) 7k comments with ideas, passionate ideas and even passionate arguments on the mechanics, endings and more, so I say again, give it some time because they're still working on it ;)

Is anyone with legal expertise that can clarify what could realistically happen if they lose? Because I have no idea. And also, are there similar cases? I mean, it's not the first buggy and unplayable game released out there (GTA 4 or Batman Arkham Knight come to my mind).
I am no legal expert and i cannot fully answer your question. What i can say, imo, is that the main issue is not the buggy release of the game, but the actual game itself. To make an analogy, it's like wanting to buy a chocolate bar. You look at the wrapper and it's shiny, colorfull, it says that it's full of chocolate and sugary delight. You buy it, open it, bite it and realize it's just a chunk of bread...ergo, false advertising.

I must admit it's really depressing to see this stuff happening. CDPR felt like one of very few inspiring developers. They do so many things right.
Naive...CDPR is a company like any other company, not your friend. Your feeling towards the company is a direct result of marketing and psychological conditioning. Sure, they have good games, most notably The Witcher 3, but so do other game companies.

Last edited:
Naive...CDPR is a company like any other company, not your friend. Your feeling towards the company is a direct result of marketing and psychological conditioning. Sure, they have good games, most notably The Witcher 3, but so do other game companies.
Considering their leader's background in distribution. Is it wrong to think that they tried to be but they really can't because that's not how the world works. That's not how biz works.

Name one what, company making games?
Ummm... Capcom, THQ Nordic, Sega, Namco, Sony, Microsoft (and their subsidiaries), 2K, Square Enix, Devolver Digital. There you have it. A bunch of companies making games. None of which happen to be EA, Activision or CD Projekt.

Not much is known regarding the details but one of the main arguments is that the game is unplayable on the current gen consoles that's why Sony pulled it which is categorically false.

Naive... CDPR is a company like any other company, not your friend. Your feeling towards the company is a direct result of marketing and psychological conditioning. Sure, they have good games, most notably The Witcher 3, but so do other game companies.
Give me more "psychological conditioning" like fair DLC and expansion policy, no lootboxes, great games, no-DRM games shop.

Lawsuit for what? I can't imagine CDRP loosing. I mean, the game DOES run surprisingy well on PS4 as rapported by MANY players who are enjoying it on PS4 so they can just show how it runs and gameover for the people lunching the lawsuit.

On Yahoo Finance there are no insider trading transactions.

EDIT: well, maybe there was some insider trading... Check THIS
I am actually buying their stocks as soon as market opens, great opportunity!

I assume some of the moderators here cannot understand sarcasm, I was not wishing that anyone be fired, I was suggesting that if CDPR will most likely fire developers if they run into financial trouble rather than simply cutting CEO bonuses, which is what every major gaming corporation has done in a similar situation.

Give me more "psychological conditioning" like fair DLC and expansion policy, no lootboxes, great games, no-DRM games shop.
Fair DLCs, expansion policy, no lootboxes, great games - subjective (excluding current game, it's at best mediocre-goodish), no DRM games are terms that are not related in any way, shape or form to the concept of psychological conditioning, they are (in general) financial policies and strategic decisions. Sure, it's commendable and I truly admire the direction CDPR is trying to push the gaming industry into, don't get me wrong. Make no mistake tho, these decisions are 90% revolving around profit, CDPR is not game Jesus, the company is just trying to paint itself in a friendly light (and taking action in this direction) to boost profit.

Now, when I say "psychological conditioning", I refer to the act of reinforcing certain ideas that consumers want to believe (through certain stimulus), in order to obtain a predictable response from them. This practice is not only limited to the gaming industry, it is widely utilized in many domains, most notably in marketing and advertising, because of it's effectiveness. Why do you think the game broke sales records on the first day of release, despite being a mediocre game. In part because of the straight up lying to increase our expectations and hide the flaws (which they have apologized for and are currently reaping the consequences - lawsuit), but also because of this conditioning and marketing. "If you play our game, you are cool, you are mature and socially savvy"..." if you buy our game you are a smart gamer" etc. Why do you think reviewers were allowed to show only well crafted gameplay trailers (beside the reason to hide the games flaws)? Why do you think you see and hear the words "pro consumer policy" excessively? Why not let actions speak for themselves, as you so eloquently listed above. Small gestures and words in the gameplay footage before release wanted to FURTHER reinforce the idea of buying the game the first chance the consumer gets. THE TEHNO-NECROMANCERS OF ALPHA CENTAURI !!!! :)) ok, I will stop ranting...

TL;DR;
Joking aside, this is the way of the current world. Trust no one (except family), filter everything. Personally, I am not angry at CDPR, they just do everything they can to thrive. As for the concept of "psychological conditioning" u so expertly singled out, it is sadly an integrated mechanism of marketing at this point. Gone are the days in which adverts sounded like: "This is the product, this is what it does, try it and draw your conclusions. We think you will enjoy it and are proud of it."

Also, it is way to soon to draw any conclusion regarding CDPR. The way they are perceived banks heavily on the next course of action they take after the holidays, imo. And seeing as CDPR loves multiple choices and branching storylines *cough*, I will list a few of my own personal thoughts, just to stimulate this convo:

1: They fix the majority of the bugs and really add most of the laundry list of features the game is missing. (highly unlikely)
2: They fix the majority of the bugs, add small features that require very few resources and release modding tools to let the community fix the game, focusing on the next story based DLC and multiplayer (maybe)
3: They fix the bugs and pretend the game is "a masterpiece", releasing free DLCs like "alternate look for Judy Alvarez" or "Legendary laser katana" (infuriating)
4: They fix the bugs and abandon the game, leaving it as is, hoping to sell their big story-based DLCs to fanboys and move on with multiplayer. (weird, but totally plausible as they are being pressured to do so)

What do you think will happen?

Hmm, that's not why Sony pulled it, though. Sony had plenty of broken games left alone, we ALL know this. The reason Sony pulled the game was because they(CDPR) offered refunds without consulting Sony first and Sony's policy is no refunds. The response from Sony was swift, they removed it because they don't do refunds on digital merch. I don't know how this will go, but it's the legal fees all around that will be wasted if they come at it this way.
Everyone with a brain could tell Sony pulled out of spite, but people were and still are in kick cdpr mode.

I personally hopes this gets cdpr to blackball Sony.

But I'm just a jaded pc gamer who is tired of pc companies growing themselves on our community only to cater to consoles once They hit triple A status.

All this console controversy and pc players are still the majority of cyberpunk player base.

Top Bottom