LD3 Update and Toussaint wip

+
Unforunately I can't see the pictures, but from what I can see in the video, it looks good.

How did you get that dust and mud-splash for Roach?

PloughEnthusiast;n10968029 said:
Unforunately I can't see the pictures, but from what I can see in the video, it looks good.

How did you get that dust and mud-splash for Roach?

erxv helped me with this. I added to LD 3.0

You want the Horse Dust and mud to work? There is already a mod exisiting for it and I'm using it with pleasure. I use it together with FOV Tweak for Horse riding, to have the visuals that way, that I can see how Roach is raising dust, water and mud. https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ab=description. I do not know, if I use this version, because of a few little bugs, maybe I have another version. I will check this out on my PC later. If my version is different, I will upload it for you, so you can choose between two and select the one, which is better fitting for you.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ab=description
This is the one I'm using, but without the scripts-Folder, so just for the water, snow, dust, mud-animation. Use FOV-Tweak and set it for Riding to 75 and it will be visuable more noticable.

Last edited:
SorceressJ;n10968629 said:
You want the Horse Dust and mud to work? There is already a mod exisiting for it and I'm using it with pleasure. I use it together with FOV Tweak for Horse riding, to have the visuals that way, that I can see how Roach is raising dust, water and mud. https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ab=description. I do not know, if I use this version, because of a few little bugs, maybe I have another version. I will check this out on my PC later. If my version is different, I will upload it for you, so you can choose between two and select the one, which is better fitting for you.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...ab=description
This is the one I'm using, but without the scripts-Folder, so just for the water, snow, dust, mud-animation. Use FOV-Tweak and set it for Riding to 75 and it will be visuable more noticable.

Use the editor and do this. No need to use scripts

I still think that the number one point of critique with the lighting mod you're creating is the intensity of the ambient occlusion. It plagued early versions of STLM, too, and I get why anyone creating these mods is tempted to make it a lot more showy than it is it's vanilla implementation. But overdoing it? It really doesn't make it any more appealing. You end up with interiors blotches of shadow that just don't look all that realistic. Granted, The Witcher 3 doesn't really shoot for photorealisim - but I do prefer things not looking like Photoshop like type drop shadows didn't make up most of the screen space. In short; less is more.

It looks pretty good to me - better than original, which is too bright and yellow-ish.
Kinda reminds me Risen 1 or 2 a bit - all that vegetation, sky with clouds, long distance views, etc...
The area you go through looks like jungle/Risen place also.

Definitely step ahead of original - thing left to discuss is the overall direction.
For me it looks kinda blue-ish - so it visually extends sky; and makes everything look (sharp-(er)), cool(-er); and still masks some small imperfections.

Don't know about how it turn out in long run though.
Maybe this is nice to impress, but if you would watch this for too long, it would turn grey to you.

Keep it up and best of luck :)

JARRRNO;n10968758 said:
I still think that the number one point of critique with the lighting mod you're creating is the intensity of the ambient occlusion.
I love me some ambient occlusion.

My problem with LD3 is that it does things that a lighting mod shouldn't do. Like changing fonts, grass, particles etc. There are other mods that do that, and anyone who wants to can use those mods separately from the lighting mod. Also, for some reason LD3 tanks the framerate. It could be because it's packed to the brim with things that a lighting mod doesn't need. I still use LD2 for Toussaint and despite the bugs it looks absolutely gorgeous. I like the looks of this one too, but please, for the love of Jeff Goldblum, don't add so many non-lighting related things to this mod.

Also, I can't see the last three pictures.

ImprovizoR;n10968908 said:
I love me some ambient occlusion.

My problem with LD3 is that it does things that a lighting mod shouldn't do. Like changing fonts, grass, particles etc. There are other mods that do that, and anyone who wants to can use those mods separately from the lighting mod. Also, for some reason LD3 tanks the framerate. It could be because it's packed to the brim with things that a lighting mod doesn't need. I still use LD2 for Toussaint and despite the bugs it looks absolutely gorgeous. I like the looks of this one too, but please, for the love of Jeff Goldblum, don't add so many non-lighting related things to this mod.

Also, I can't see the last three pictures.

My biggest problem now is the horizon at night
There are triangles, because of the change of clouds that I made
I do not know how to solve this

Thanks SorceressJ ! I knew the first mod, I actually use that one, but the second one I didn't know of. I'll look into that one.

I agree with the people above about the AO in most lighting mods. Most modders overdo it.

MaykonLexar;n10969010 said:
My biggest problem now is the horizon at night
There are triangles, because of the change of clouds that I made
I do not know how to solve this
Don't add changes to clouds? Perhaps the way that Toussaint is built doesn't allow for a seamless way to change clouds.

PloughEnthusiast;n10969061 said:
I agree with the people above about the AO in most lighting mods. Most modders overdo it.
AO is awesome and I will engage anyone who says otherwise in gentlemanly fisticuffs.

I don't think anyone's saying that ambient occlusion as a visual feature is bad. What's being communicated here is that like any other effect, it's only good when used in moderation. Making the effect so immensely strong just for the sake of letting you know it's there isn't ideal if you're trying to create a convincing picture emulating real life.

I don't think anyone's saying that ambient occlusion as a visual feature is bad. What's being communicated here is that like any other effect, it's only good when used in moderation. Making the effect so immensely strong just for the sake of letting you know it's there isn't ideal if you're trying to create a convincing picture emulating real life.
Do not listen to this man. Or any man other than me. The AO in these screenshots is perfect. It provides really nice depth to the game world. Do not decrease it.

Top Bottom