Leader ability - Invigorate

+
A very weak ability atm and while i don't mind a leader that supports a heavy unit deck, how about in addition to the order ability it also gains:
"Whenever you play a special (or nature) card, boost a random unit in your hand by 1"

Last edited:
I have suggested the exact same thing before. I do think this is a very good idea. You should also be able to target specific cards in your hand and boost them with charges.

Invigorate could be scoia`teal,s off the books leader:
Charge 3: boost an allied unit in your hand by 2. whenever you play a card with a uniqe primary category boost a random unit in your hand by 1.

Both of those suggestions are far too strong. With aglais and Sheldon, ST has 2 units that double profit from handbuff and there also the 3 immun units ST has.

"Whenever you play a special (or nature) card, boost a random unit in your hand by 1"
This would have the effect that you can just keep 1 non-special card in your hand an the rest special cards and therefore the random wouldn't be random anymore and the player could just get a lot of points on Aglais, Sheldon or an immun last card.
That would mean you could get in a special card deck about 7 from the active part + 8 from the passive part and additional value from Aglais and Sheldon. That would be just far too much.

Charge 3: boost an allied unit in your hand by 2. whenever you play a card with a uniqe primary category boost a random unit in your hand by 1.
All of the boost on a Sheldon or Aglais alone would be extremly strong and it is possible to build a deck with 10 unique primary categories, which means a lot of extra value. That is just far too much.

And I completly agree that he needs some kind of change, but those ideas are problematic in my opinion.

The current design is too limiting and slingshots you into a very awkward play style to maximize your leader’s value.

However what you're proposing is probably worst because the passive enters in direct confrontation with the order, the order requires you to have a hand full of units to maximize its value which won't work if you have to include Nature cards in your deck for the passive. Furthermore, there aren't enough Nature cards to justify such abilities, and some Nature cards such as Water don't really make sense in a hand buff deck.

I'd rather see something around the lines of "Boost a unit in your hand by 1. Charge: 8. (Provision 16)", which would bring a much needed flexibility to the ability, or even "Boost a unit in your hand by 1. Cooldown: 2. (Provision 17)" if you fear stacking boosts.

It’d represent at best 19 points with Skaggs if you decide to use all charges on one card, which isn't what I'd recommend to do, and even then it looks somewhat fine compared to the 20 points that Dagur + Reckless Fury represents, even though Skaggs has a harder removal value. It's also only 18 proactive points with Aglais. In any cases you most likely wouldn't use all your charges on one card because you might want to hand buff others (Mahakam Defenders, Wardancer, Schirru, ...), and the hand buff archetype might, and should, get more cards in the future promoting a greater spread of boosts in your hand.

Top Bottom