Leader Ability play rates and win rates in Season of the Bear and Season of the Viper

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello!

We're back once again with some more data form both Season of the Bear and Season of the Viper. Like last time we have the leader ability play rate and win rate sorted by rank ( see the images below). You can also download the data in .xlsx format below the images.

Post image
Download Season of the Bear data here.

Post image
Download Season of the Viper data here.

As always if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to drop them in this thread!

"Invigorate" needs some love. :giveup:

Also Nilfgaard surpassed by Scoiatel and Skellige in Season of the Viper.

It's cool to see the data!

Thank you for sharing the data.

Yesterday I thought about Gwent. It's good entertainment but you can't see it as a serious competitive card game.

Any takes on why ME has the better win rate and yet isn't the most played faction?

Any takes on why ME has the better win rate and yet isn't the most played faction?
Mystic Echo harmony has been one of the best decks since Novigrad got released, so people are naturaly sick of it.

Last edited:
I would support the nerf of Mythic Echo, if Lockdown was removed from this game. 'Learn to play without your leader' concept doesen't work when your deck is build around your leader, like Ursine Ritual, which lockdown totally dismantles.

Something is fundamentally wrong when a deck scores 50% win rate at 160 provisions.
And we are not talking about a statistical outlier, since Lockdown contributes with 4% of the total data sample (or population).

What's the meaning of the playrate number?

Edit: nvm, looks like straight percentage?
Post automatically merged:

Because people would rather be annoying than win? :p

Last edited:
Hello!

We're back once again with some more data form both Season of the Bear and Season of the Viper. Like last time we have the leader ability play rate and win rate sorted by rank ( see the images below). You can also download the data in .xlsx format below the images.

Post image
Download Season of the Bear data here.

Post image
Download Season of the Viper data here.

As always if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to drop them in this thread!
Thanks so much for the stats, it really gives a clean perspective on strengths and popularity... And for adding faction colors this time. :D
The only thing NG is number one is the number of complaints against it.
Preach!

I would support the nerf of Mythic Echo, if Lockdown was removed from this game. 'Learn to play without your leader' concept doesen't work when your deck is build around your leader, like Ursine Ritual, which lockdown totally dismantles.
Both those annoying decks deserve lockdown in considerable measurements. Lockdown counters ME harrmony perfectly which should tell us how powerful waters of brok. truly is. And lippy is just a nuisance, a foltest commando style play thats easier and less risky to set up even though it has many brickable cards.

So much green at the top... Nerf Mystic Echo, or better yet, nerf Waters of Brokilon which is the root of the problem.
It's waters of brokilon thats crazy here, ironically ME was less OP when it could be used on the neutral specials, the dryad fledgelings spawned this way should be on 2 or 3 strenght to make it more sensible. Then maybe an argument for higher provision for the leader could be made.

Last edited:

Gyg

Forum regular
I'm suprised that monsters blood scent is do high. And playrate is 4%, so very meaningful value.

Interesting and not surprising at all. This data shows clearly that people will always go for most broken decks and combos in general ( yea double Cerys, Water of Brokilon and double scenario/1 turn scenario )
For a moment I thought I'm playing diffirent game ( considering that roughly 7 out of 10 games are against Nilfgaard ) before I checked factions playrate - looking at ranks 0-7 ( Imao ranks bellow that are irrelevant and shows basically nothing beside of that people want to experiment with different decks and just have fun in general - with is a great thing! ) Frankly Imo playrate is more important stat than winrate, playrate shows with factions are dominant due to powerful cards in they arsenal ( winrate is usefull to show with decks/interactions between some particular cards are OP ) I'm sure some carts will be nerfed, or overnerfed ( like in the past ) to shift meta but I highly doubt this will solve balancing problems with weaker factions/underperforming leaders.

Last edited:
I just started playing last month. Precision strike is my favorite leader, but I am suprised to see it was on top just 2 seasons ago. I guess pings are pretty powerful.

nILfGAarD OvERpOwEReD nEeDs HaRD nErF!1!111

Something is fundamentally wrong when a deck scores 50% win rate at 160 provisions.
And we are not talking about a statistical outlier, since Lockdown contributes with 4% of the total data sample (or population).
Your comment about Lockdown doesn't make any sense, the 160 provisions are there to compensate for the strong leader, therefore it's perfectly balanced at around 50%.

Last edited:
Top Bottom