LEADER ABILITY PLAY RATES AND WIN RATES IN SEASON OF THE BEAR

+
Hello!
Here are the Leader Ability play rates and win rates! As always we have the data sorted by rank (see image below).

Season_of_the_Bear.png

The data is also downloadable in the .xlsx format

Blaze of Glory and Lined Pockets, who would have thought.

Even in 30-26 they're in the top 6. Wow.

Someone's actually been playing Stockpile in Pro. :D

Season of the "Bear". If by "Bear" they meant "Eist/Cleaver/Eldain".

Seem pretty obvious those three cards led to three new, dominant decks. With an honorable mention to Brouver.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yep, these are the results that we all predicted they would be last month. And since there werent any changes to leader cards because the devs wanted to WAIT :giveup: and collect more data, its easy to predict this month's results will be very similar, probably with Lined pockets climbing one spot to take the 1st place (only playing seasonal, and insta forfeiting whenever i face that one)

(EDIT) I also want to bring attention to 'Force of Nature' (Koschey), its one of those decks that doesnt get much attention but regularly has great results in these winrate data, better than Carapace/ kelly which gets much more discussion.
Personally, i really struggle vs Koschey decks, i even lose to them when i go to R3 with CA, not really sure how to counter, ive tried locks, copying the Koschey, even Yrden and im never in a position where i know i'll win for sure.

Fake, considering NG being a heavy counter for arachnas

PS: I tryed to play MILL deck of my own design, but i am always matched against other mill or SK who always have a Lippy in the hand, what kind of data might be collect in those rigged match ups?

So Eist is getting balanced by Warriors being bad in the current meta ?
That was the excuse made to its obscene power level (also, among others, by Saber).
To be fair I though that, despite this being a more than fragile balance, it would not be as ludicrous (right now) as it apparently still is.
I assumed it would explode as a problem once the meta shifted, apparently that was not even necessary.

Season of the "Bear". If by "Bear" they meant "Eist/Cleaver/Eldain".

Seem pretty obvious those three cards led to three new, dominant decks. With an honorable mention to Brouver.
Unless I am mistaken Dwarves have a higher winrate than Eldain, so I do not see where the "[...]/Eldain" comes from and being barely above 50% is not exactly problematic.
To be honest the fact that Dwarves are >= 50% winrate is suprising me quite a bit.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Unless I am mistaken Dwarves have a higher winrate than Eldain, so I do not see where the "[...]/Eldain" comes from and being barely above 50% is not exactly problematic.
To be honest the fact that Dwarves are >= 50% winrate is suprising me quite a bit.

From what I've seen, many Deadeye decks are running Eldain. Their win rate is only slightly lower than Dwarves in higher ranks, but the play rate is much greater. And my comment was not so much about dominating play from a victory perspective but from how common the deck has become.

I played a lot of Dwarves in the past few months. Between Brouver and Gezras, you can create one extremely greedy deck. So long as you don't face Yrden, you stand a really good chance with them.

EDIT - Although now that I go back to the previous season and compare, it seems like Deadeyes were quite common then as well. So perhaps the Eldain / Vernossiel Deadeye deck I keep encountering is just coincidence on my part rather than an overall trend...

Last edited:
Mostly surprised by Dwarves and Double Cross numbers in pro. Kind of amusing the number of these NG decks on the ladder to only have 47% winrate. Maybe let's give them 18 provisions instead of 17! :D And the Forge above (or at) 50% for the first time since Forge was introduced. And that with Munro still being a terrible overpriced card. Go lads!

btw, dwarves and "eldain" are 50% decks. They are pretty much exactly when you want them to be and don't need to be "fixed."

• RED Point
Fake, considering NG being a heavy counter for arachnas

PS: I tryed to play MILL deck of my own design, but i am always matched against other mill or SK who always have a Lippy in the hand, what kind of data might be collect in those rigged match ups?
Oh, so I'm not the only one who noticed.
Funny business, the second I add Decoy or even just a Northern Wind to my deck, the previously ceaseless stream of Joachim friends suddenly stops entirely, and the second I switch to a deck that doesn't have tech against him, Quadruple Joachim is back. It's happened far too many times and is way too consistent to be a coincidence.

(EDIT) I also want to bring attention to 'Force of Nature' (Koschey), its one of those decks that doesnt get much attention but regularly has great results in these winrate data, better than Carapace/ kelly which gets much more discussion.
Personally, i really struggle vs Koschey decks, i even lose to them when i go to R3 with CA, not really sure how to counter, ive tried locks, copying the Koschey, even Yrden and im never in a position where i know i'll win for sure.

Force of Nature has practically no control at all.
You can hardly tech against a deck with a playrate of 1.29%...

SY has usually enough control to stop Thrive engines.
Vij and very greedy engine decks can do more points in a long round 3.

In a long round 3 you overswarm with Caranthir and Koschey and can't play your last card(s). Against NG with spies a long round 3 is unplayable.
I'm not so sure whether Caranthir is really a good card in this deck.

Guest 4375874

Force of Nature has practically no control at all.
You can hardly tech against a deck with a playrate of 1.29%...

SY has usually enough control to stop Thrive engines.
Vij and very greedy engine decks can do more points in a long round 3.

In a long round 3 you overswarm with Caranthir and Koschey and can't play your last card(s). Against NG with spies a long round 3 is unplayable.
I'm not so sure whether Caranthir is really a good card in this deck.
THANK YOU!!!! Finally someone looks at win rates AND play rates. I consistently see people here look at each in a vacuum as if there isn't correlation between the two.

Force of nature has a decent win rate because it's not played often so it's unexpected and most aren't teching against it because the meta completely changed. The same goes for something like NG Double cross but the reverse, everyone is expecting it and teching against it so despite a high play rate the win rate appears lower. However if you factor in the play rate it tells another story, with as many people actively teching against it that's a damn good win rate. There are a lot of amateurs that just copy NG decks and lose because they don't know the cards well enough to pilot.

The major problematic leaders like LP and BoG have a high play rate, so people are expecting and teching against them but they also have a high win rate. Meaning no matter how prepared you are or how often you face it you still get slaughtered and that's a problem.

If the play rate is high and the win rate is also high then the leader(or more accurately specific faction cards) is NOT balanced and vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mahakam forge is kinda surprising, didn't see it often and play rate suggests that aswell but it didn't seem very strong either.

Pro rank says all about what to play to whack your opponent.
35,3 % playrate to just 3 leaders - Blaze of Glory, Lined Pockets , Doublecross

This is sad.

p.s honorably - Scoiatael seems most balanced, as it has most of its leaders in top, regarding playrate and winrate combined.

• RED Point
People read way too much on a table with numbers that shows just the end of the line rather than the whole line (which we cannot see) and how things evolved.

Guest 4375874

People read way too much on a table with numbers that shows just the end of the line rather than the whole line (which we cannot see) and how things evolved.
lol it's statistics, inferring information is kinda what it's about. Sure there are other factors that matter beyond just the result but we also play the game, we aren't just looking at numbers we contribute to them so I certainly wouldn't describe it as you have.

There won't change anyhing to the better after the patch. SY gets nerfed to the ground. Masquerade Ball gets nerfed to the ground (although it's winrate is apparently already below 50% in Pro Rank).

Blaze of Glory gets nerfed slightly but will still be very popular because the other Meta decks get nerfed more. I don't think Bloodthirst 3 is a problem against most decks. Only some decks have the possibility to prevent Bloodthirst 3 easily.

Everything is very predictable.
We will see a lot of Uprising and braindead Vij as the most popular decks despite it's winrate is right now only slightly worse than Blaze of Glory and Lined Pockets winrate.

Top Bottom