Leader Ability play rates and win rates in Season of the Cat

+
Hello!

Here are the Leader Ability play rates and win rates! As always we have the data sorted by rank (see image below).

Season_Of_cat_data.png

You can also download the data in .xlsx format here.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Holy sh*t, cant believe someone took the "throne" from the almighty 'Invigorate', after such a long "reign" at the top!

Now for real... the top spots are what you would expect, the only surprises were seeing Deadeye Ambush so high, and Hidden Cache (with Passiflora) so low, but i guess in a Heatwave and tall removal meta that deck is heavily punished.

Also really weird to see Tactical Decision so low on the list, even worse than Imprisonment or Imperial Formation... I love Tactical Decision, its one of my favourite NG abilities and i dont see why its doing so bad... are the Mill players using it to tank its winrate? Wouldnt be the first time :shrug:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
The bottom 10 consists of 3 NR, 3 ST, 3 NG and one SY.
The top 10 has 4 SK.
OH has "unacceptable" play rate with such a high win rate.
Fantastic.

Happy to see the data coming. Well done.

Hunger is the new nilfgaard

When was Nilfgaard on top? 2018? :coolstory:

Season_Of_Draconid.PNG

Season_of_Dryad_data.png

Season_Of_Griffin.png

You can search for playrates and winrates further back... Season of Magic was SC on the top with Mystic Echo and Deadeye Ambush.

Happy to see the data coming. Well done.

When was Nilfgaard on top? 2018? :coolstory:

You can search for playrates and winrates further back... Season of Magic was SC on the top with Mystic Echo and Deadeye Ambush.

Winrates probably never - well, maybe 2018 - but in terms of popularity? Like, always until the last three months? Have you missed those times when you saw 8 ng out of every 10 matches? Last season OH felt kinda like that.

Also in terms of popularity NG was never that dominant.

For example, during the Season of the Bear, Imperial Formation got a high playrate 10.04, but below Arachas Swarm 10.71. If you aggregate the data for the Season of the Bear, you have in the first 6 positions SY and SC, with a similar playrate. It's only distributed across the various leader abilities.

And I suspect that the Season of the Bear was the Season in which Nilfgaard had the highest playrate.

Season Bear.PNG

Season Viper.PNG

Season_elves.PNG

Funny stockpile be the last one.

I just reached 100 wins with this leader abillity and i can say its not so bad.

Ok, some of my wins were in draft, but draft starts only a few days ago, the other wins were in "normal" game (also, my 100th win was in a normal game).

Also in terms of popularity NG was never that dominant.

For example, during the Season of the Bear, Imperial Formation got a high playrate 10.04, but below Arachas Swarm 10.71. If you aggregate the data for the Season of the Bear, you have in the first 6 positions SY and SC, with a similar playrate. It's only distributed across the various leader abilities.

And I suspect that the Season of the Bear was the Season in which Nilfgaard had the highest playrate.

You suspect wrong, and yes it was that dominant. Not sure what point you're trying to prove arguing against an obviously humorous comment, but until very recently, aggregate numbers for Nilfgaard (on such sites as Team Elder Blood) and blatant anecdotal evidence showed that Nilfgaard as a faction, consistently enjoyed a steady popularity rate of over 25%, which, in a game with 6 factions, IS A LOT. The fact that imperial formation had some 10.04 rate versus 10.71 means squat, unless you decide to add up the playrates for ALL NG abilities across ALL players brackets to prove me wrong, which you are welcome to do, except like I said, this changed recently due to NG falling behind other factions in competition and finally, blissfully, out of popular favor.

Funny stockpile be the last one.

I just reached 100 wins with this leader abillity and i can say its not so bad.

Ok, some of my wins were in draft, but draft starts only a few days ago, the other wins were in "normal" game (also, my 100th win was in a normal game).
Stockpile is especially suffering because most of the current decks are chock-full of removal. Combo decks that need cards to stay on the board can't possibly function in such a meta. Charge decks can easily dominate games, but only if your opponent doesn't counter the key cards, like "Dandelion" and "Priscilla".

aggregate numbers for Nilfgaard (on such sites as Team Elder Blood) and blatant anecdotal evidence showed that Nilfgaard as a faction, consistently enjoyed a steady popularity rate of over 25%, which, in a game with 6 factions, IS A LOT.

Actual CDPR's data show otherwise. :shrug:

You are in fact mistaken. CDPR's published data agrees with that figure. Prior to a month ago, Nilfgaard consistently had around a 25% play rate in Ranked. All you have to do is add up the play rates for each of Nilfgaard's Leader abilities in any one of those other tables. Heck, look at the play rates for this last season when everyone was whining that Nilfgaard was practically unplayable; it still had a play rate of 15-22%. Keep in mind that there are six factions and that 1/6 is only 16.67%. And honestly, even if the faction is momentarily substandard in Ranked, it's still the best choice for nearly every Seasonal mode, and it probably has the most archetypes as well, even if some of them do blend together.

Last edited:
My poor NG :giveup:

Hopefully next season, NG will be an option again.

It's my favorite faction, and yet it's two months, that I can't play with it.

Did you actually look at the actual data? The screenshots you attached - and these are JUST pro rank numbers that I looked at and added up, because I don't want to waste too much of my time on this - Bear, Viper, Elves NG was well over 20%. Griffin ~26%. Draconid and Dryad were the only two seasons where it dipped below 20, and NEITHER of those went below 17%, which, if you divide 100 by 6, would be the quota (1/6) of a hundred. And if you do add up the numbers from all the other level brackets, and average it out against the factor of 5, my guess it the average will be HIGHER than these pro-rank numbers and closer to the numbers we can find on third-party websites. So what data shows otherwise?

My poor NG :giveup:

Hopefully next season, NG will be an option again.

It's my favorite faction, and yet it's two months, that I can't play with it.
The emperor should punish this treason!

Now seriously, I have come back from a long break at the end of cirys journey, season of the cat, since then I have climbed through ladder playing only NG up to rank 3 from rank 25. Probably, if I played MO or SK I will be in the pro ranks, but I am an emperor loyalist. What I mean is that NG is weaker, but it is not totally unplayable.

Also really weird to see Tactical Decision so low on the list, even worse than Imprisonment or Imperial Formation... I love Tactical Decision, its one of my favourite NG abilities and i dont see why its doing so bad... are the Mill players using it to tank its winrate? Wouldnt be the first time :shrug:

Leader abilities usually have a tempo value that range from + 6-12, SY is an exception since they have their own mechanics, the ones with lower values usually have greater synergies. The problem with Tactical Decision is that being an ability with a value of 6 points, bottom of the range, it has nearly 0 synergy with any card in its faction, it only provides more consistency to a game that is already really consistently thanks to Eco tutors and thinning cards.

Nearly all the other NG leaders give more value, with enslave that can give up to 12 tempo swing (plus stealing an engine) as the top value. Imprisonment and Imperial Formatian Both have sinergies with NG cards, they are bad powers with 6 tempo points, but at least they combo a bit with some cards in the faction.

Holy sh*t, cant believe someone took the "throne" from the almighty 'Invigorate', after such a long "reign" at the top!

Now for real... the top spots are what you would expect, the only surprises were seeing Deadeye Ambush so high, and Hidden Cache (with Passiflora) so low, but i guess in a Heatwave and tall removal meta that deck is heavily punished.

I like Tactical Decision as well but it doesn't have enough points. I think Morvran Voorhis should at least have Assimilate.

Top Bottom