Leader Ability play rates and win rates in Season of the Cat

+
I like Tactical Decision as well but it doesn't have enough points. I think Morvran Voorhis should at least have Assimilate.

Yes, this NG ability needs at most a boost. In early days it allowed you a double play of any card. Nowonly more deck balance and + 6. What I would appreciate is some support for NGs soldier archetype.
Maybe giving Morvran the deploy to create a soldier. For Assimilate there is already the leader Double Cross.

Last edited:
You are in fact mistaken. CDPR's published data agrees with that figure. Prior to a month ago, Nilfgaard consistently had around a 25% play rate in Ranked.

JUST pro rank numbers that I looked at and added up, because I don't want to waste too much of my time on this - Bear, Viper, Elves NG was well over 20%. Griffin ~26%. Draconid and Dryad were the only two seasons where it dipped below 20, and NEITHER of those went below 17%, which, if you divide 100 by 6, would be the quota (1/6) of a hundred.

These are the numbers for Pro Rank.

Nilfgaard playrate
Dryad: 14.05
Cat: 15.01
Draconid 17.42
Bear: 18.84
Elves: 20.43
Viper: 22.08
Griffin: 23.67

"Those times when you saw 8 ng out of every 10 matches" to quote Barracuda88 were never a thing. Based on the data, Nilfgaard had never a 25% playrate in Pro.

The playrate are inflated by the fact that Syndicate has a low playerbase, as it joined later. During old seasons there used to be faction challenges, which skewed the playrate towards the " supposed best performing" factions. If we had a faction challenge during the SK Patricidal Fury era (60.57% winrate, 11.56% playrate), you can bet, you would have even an higher playrate.

Hunger is the new nilfgaard

You cannot compare OH during the season of the Cat to past Nilfgaard performance. OH has both a very high playrate (13.12%) and a very good winrate (54.72%). For comparison "Imperial Formation", the best NG performing ability during the Griffin Season, had 8.44% playrate and 50.84% winrate. The very season in which NG had the highest playrate.

In Starcraft 2, Terran has a 42.63% play in the Bronze league. 3 factions, so it should be 33%, but we don't say that Terran is on top based on that data.

Nilfgaard playrate
Draconid 17.42

"Those times when you saw 8 ng out of every 10 matches" to quote Barracuda88 were never a thing. Based on the data, Nilfgaard had never a 25% playrate in Pro.

The playrate are inflated by the fact that Syndicate has a low playerbase, as it joined later. During old seasons there used to be faction challenges, which skewed the playrate towards the " supposed best performing" factions. If we had a faction challenge during the SK Patricidal Fury era (60.57% winrate, 11.56% playrate), you can bet, you would have even an higher playrate.

You cannot compare OH during the season of the Cat to past Nilfgaard performance. OH has both a very high playrate (13.12%) and a very good winrate (54.72%). For comparison "Imperial Formation", the best NG performing ability during the Griffin Season, had 8.44% playrate and 50.84% winrate. The very season in which NG had the highest playrate.

In Starcraft 2, Terran has a 42.63% play in the Bronze league. 3 factions, so it should be 33%, but we don't say that Terran is on top based on that data.

OK, so either you're bad at additions or you're deliberately lowering the numbers to help this progressively more boring and pointless argument.

Season of the Griffin PRO NG numbers (FROM YOUR OWN SCREENSHOT):
IF 8.44
LD 3.27
TD 2.29
EN 2.38
DC 4.46
SW 3.76
IM 0.92

Have a calculator? Because this adds up to 25.52, not 23.67.

Eh, easy mistake, though. Doesn't mean anything. I'm sure if we look at another one, like Bear...

IF 10.04
LD 1.53
TD 3.05
EN 3.97
DC 1.12
SW 1.37

Oh, weird... adds up to 21.08 somehow, NOT 18.84. Go figure.

Yeah, and the whole 8 out of 10 thing might seem like an impossible hyperbole, and it might not correspond to the numbers, but it LITERALLY and COMMONLY happened to me on ladder NUMEROUS times over the years, and it continuously happens in Casual and Seasonal, and from reading posts here it sounds like it happened to NUMEROUS other people, as well. Once again, it hasn't been as common lately, because NG is perceived as weak now, and BECAUSE last season it was OH that you constantly saw, and the last few seasons it would be SK and SW, but yes, it WAS a thing. And it was a thing for a long long time.

Nilfgaard playrate
Draconid 17.42

I agree with Barracuda88 that you should probably use a calculator next time because you definitely failed to correctly add up the seven numbers corresponding to Nilfgaard's Pro Rank play rate in a given season. I just double checked the Dryad figures, and it's 17.8%, not 14.05%. That's way off, and it also proves that the absolute lowest play rate that Nilfgaard has gotten in Pro Rank since I started playing earlier this year is still more than 1/6. If Nilfgaard were actually bad, rather than just a tad worse than they had been a couple of months ago, then their play rate would have dropped below 1/6, at least in Pro Rank and/or Ranks 1-7. Also, you're countering that it's not quite 25% in the previous months if you only look at the Pro Rank figures, but it's easily visible that the play rate is considerably higher if you take into account the data from the other ranks.

I'm at least willing to concede that those times that I (and many others) end up facing the same deck/faction over and over, to the point where it seems like something has more than a play rate of more than 50%, is probably due to some combination of glitches in CDPR's matchmaking formula and very poor luck. I'm willing to trust the statistics that CDPR posts on the forums.

Its funny to see those oficial stactics and see how Team Leviathan and Elder Blood were wrong about tier 1, 2 and 3.

Both of them puts shieldwall in tier 1, and its tier 2.

Elder blood was correct about PF being tier 1, but theam leviathan put it at tier 2.

None of them put Rage Of the Sea as tier 1 or 2.

Team leviathn puts cangregate/fireswarm correct in tier 1, but elder blood puts it at tier 2.

Both put Nature gifts at tier 2, and Team Leviathan has put also precision strike in tier 2, but elder blood doenst put precision strike. But both forget about dead aim ambush in tier 2 (or 1)

So they were correct in some points and incorrect in a lot of another points.

In conclusion, untill the oficial stactics come, we cant say with precision what is tier 1, or 2 or 3.

Top Bottom