Leader Ability play rates and win rates in Season of the Dryad

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello!

Here are the Leader Ability play rates and win rates! As always we have the data sorted by rank (see image below).

Season_of_Dryad_data.png

You can also download the data in .xlsx format here.

rrc

Forum veteran
Thanks CDPR to keep this coming. It gives us perspective of how the game has been in all spectrum of players. I wish we keep getting this to see how things go.

rrc

Forum veteran
To be honest, I think the RoS balances from 7.3 is actually solid. Changing from 3 charges to 2 charges is pretty significant. I don't see much RoS. May be this month, PF will be the top SK leader ability and I am not sure if that will be the top or SW will be the top overall.

I mostly mainly face SW, OH, PF, Nature'sGift/PS (using almost identical decks) in Rank 1.

The numbers must be wrong, as according to some completely unbiased people in the NG buffs thread, NG had atleast a 70% playrate, and a decent winrate too.
Lol, I can't even make jokes about this anymore. I'm just sad and disappointed when I see these win rates.

Thanks for the update. Also think that after Range of the Sea Patch the next season report will not include leader abilities with above 55 % win rate in Pro Rank. Also nice to see that Shieldwall is not that powerful as everybody says.

Thinking about a balaced game the goal should be that all leaders have a win rate at Pro Rank between 45 and 55 %. This means a lot of leader ability deserve some more love and NG (only fraction with no > 50 % win rate leader at Pro Rank) a small buff.

Thanks for the update. Also think that after Range of the Sea Patch the next season report will not include leader abilities with above 55 % win rate in Pro Rank. Also nice to see that Shieldwall is not that powerful as everybody says.

Thinking about a balaced game the goal should be that all leaders have a win rate at Pro Rank between 45 and 55 %. This means a lot of leader ability deserve some more love and NG (only fraction with no > 50 % win rate leader at Pro Rank) a small buff.
What do you mean "is not that powerful"?

Shieldwall is in second place. If thats "not that powerful" i dunno what is

Shieldwall was tier 1 last season as shown by this and meta reports shows that it's still tier 1 this season. That's exactly what people have been saying. Keep in mind this is after pretty much everyone has been forced to tech against it.

NG is terrible from rank 30 to pro rank and still is this season.

At low pro ranks it seems pretty balanced between ST, NR, MO and SK from my experience at the moment. I just wish we would see more leaders. Almost every game is either SK PF, MO OH, ST NG and NR SW with the odd SY HC or congregate.

NG is pretty much extinct.

Hidden Cache below 50% winrate and you nerf Passiflora HARSHLY for what ?

Seriously, what did you do to Passiflora scenario ?
It's time to rethink this nerf, maybe revert it to what it was and increase the provision cost from 14 to 15p (not that I think it is necessary due to the low winrate).

@Burza46

I think SY have great cards and leader hability, but thy are extremly hard to pilot.

After 5 months, only in this seasonal i could start to use SY with a hidden cache deck and congregate. So, only now, after the changes, i started to use passiflora (i hate scenarios, but i need to try the full deck to see how it works).

As far i can see, those 6 coins are bad. Almost all the time i dont get those 6 coins because i already have 4 or more coins. Or, if i get those 6 coins, problably i will use a card wich gives coins but i will not receive it.

I think the second "hability" to passiflora could change to win 4 or 5 coins and spawn a Street Urchins (ithout the profit, of course).

So you will win less coins but you will have a spender to consume those coins, if you need.
Post automatically merged:

Ah, also i need to say OH in third (for me rage of the seas and PF are the same) its really surprising.

It performed very well, even with the monsters nerf.

Ah, also, PF and uprising are with the colors change

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Invigorate at the bottom again... but only on Ranks 7-1 and Pro, that means on Rank 30-8 its NOT on last place, that is most of the ranks, so surely it must not be the worst ability in the game, right? :shrug:

Hidden Cache below 50% winrate and you nerf Passiflora HARSHLY for what ?

Seriously, what did you do to Passiflora scenario ?
It's time to rethink this nerf, maybe revert it to what it was and increase the provision cost from 14 to 15p (not that I think it is necessary due to the low winrate).

@Burza46
Clearly you weren't around during early summer. Passiflora was absolutely bonkers. It still is, actually, if the player knows what they're doing. Not gonna lie, SY is the hardest faction, but the only thing separating it from outright imba, even now, is high learning curve. Crazy good engines, ability to distribute value/damage as necessary and on demand, thus making control attempts much harder, one of the best defenders in the game...

People conveniently forget about difficulty of piloting and how it affects these charts (looking at you, NG crew).
And they really shouldn't.
Difficult-but-potentially-broken decks aren't supposed to rise above 50%, because that would mean they are just actually stronger than most everything else, even if piloted by an average player, and begs for a nerf.

There're situations where an archetype is so godawful, even good playes can't make it fly. Those DO need a buff. Passiflora isn't one of them.

NG is...complicated. Some of its cards and combos are clearly underpowered, and some are merely perceived as such by some spoiled folk around here.

tl;dr, state is balance is only one of the factors contributing to these win/loserates.

Clearly you weren't around during early summer. Passiflora was absolutely bonkers. It still is, actually, if the player knows what they're doing. Not gonna lie, SY is the hardest faction, but the only thing separating it from outright imba, even now, is high learning curve. Crazy good engines, ability to distribute value/damage as necessary and on demand, thus making control attempts much harder, one of the best defenders in the game...

People conveniently forget about difficulty of piloting and how it affects these charts (looking at you, NG crew).
Difficult-but-potentially-broken decks aren't supposed to rise above 50%, because that would mean they are just actually stronger than most everything else, even if piloted by an average player, and begs for a nerf.

There're situations where an archetype is so godawful, even good playes can't make it fly. Those DO need a buff. Passiflora isn't one of them.

NG is...complicated. Some of its cards and combos are clearly underpowered, and some are merely perceived as such by some spoiled folk around here.

tl;dr, state is balance is only one of the factors contributing to these win/loserates.
Is this the new general excuse for not buffing clearly underpowered factions? Because actually they're strong enough but people can't handle their difficulty? Again, this "solution" sounds incredibly wrong to me and I've never heard this argument from anyone ever before....

Invigorate at the bottom again... but only on Ranks 7-1 and Pro, that means on Rank 30-8 its NOT on last place, that is most of the ranks, so surely it must not be the worst ability in the game, right? :shrug:

Carefull or they'll make invigorate spawn a Dryad's caress and with a passive of boost a random unit in your hand every time you play a gold nature card.

HC received buff in the leader ability few months ago (I only play syndicate and scoia'tael).
You are missing the point: EVEN these last few months, even with buffs, HC is below 50% winrate. So why nerf it ?

You only see people complaining about nilfgaard, but Syndicate is definetely in a terrible spot with this Passiflora nerf.

Is this the new general excuse for not buffing clearly underpowered factions? Because actually they're strong enough but people can't handle their difficulty? Again, this "solution" sounds incredibly wrong to me and I've never heard this argument from anyone ever before....
My whole point was that there is a difference between "underpowered" and "balanced, but hard to pilot".

If you see no difference, or consider a uniform 50% w/r across all ranks and archetypes a desired ideal...go and think a bit more.

The logic here is simple. It a thing has higher potential than most analogues, it should come with a caveat, such as a glaring vulnerability and/or difficulty of execution. In absence of such counterweight, such a thing becomes just broken.

Case in point:
NG Soldiers are underpowered. They clearly bring too few points to the table.
NG Poison Spam + Ball is often perceived as underpowered, but is actually OK. Insane removal with easy or no conditions, but low points. Fair trade, if you're willing to take it. Obviously requires you to know what things need nuking and when to end up with more value.

The main reason it's "bad" is presence of three highly overpowered decks in meta that prominently feature veil/purify, not general...badness.
Post automatically merged:

You are missing the point: EVEN these last few months, even with buffs, HC is below 50% winrate. So why nerf it ?
Read above. Just because something is slighly below 50% doesn't mean it's underpowered. May, in fact, mean it's perfectly balanced, depending on its difficulty/potential ratio.

edit:also keep in mind, all the scenarios got hit because artifact removal was made less accessible in recent patches. They're much safer to play now.

Last edited:
I think some people don't understand that just because a certain deck performs fairly well in certain matchups, but is overall still weak that doesn't make it really good but difficult to learn, it makes it just meh.

And saying "it's good enough, just get better" where there's ample evidence it doesn't perform well compared to other factions even for the best players....

I guess some people are just better than everyone else, even better than the cream of the crop of pro rank, since only they're good enough to consistently get good results with a "definitely not weak but rather Good just difficult to learn" faction.
Shame no one recognizes their talent :/.

Top Bottom