LEADER ABILITY PLAY RATES AND WIN RATES IN SEASON OF WILD HUNT

+
Lippy was already strong and frequent before the expansion (but still more manageable) but then they even got 2 more freed up provisions (from Roach and Nickers becoming cheaper), Hearn Caduch which is pretty damn powerful (this one is for the whole SK faction, not just Lippy deck), + Snowdrop which perfectly synergizes with that deck.
Also I think that MO got the worst location card out of all the factions, ability to put your highest provision card on top (okay and two drones which don't really do anything) is really lackluster compared to what other factions got (esp SK with their 6 point heal + 8 point Witcher = 14 points lmao), out of all the location cards we have MO one is the least being played (cause it's just bad). Also units that MO has to spawn from it's location are just not good with the exception of the Chimera which is a pretty good card. No one ever plays the other 3 MO bronzes unless he's meming and tryna lose.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

Not sure why all the surprise at OH. VIY is a gimmick, many have said it since day 1. Even without lockdown most factions can outpoint VIY decks if left unchecked since VIY decks have zero counters or control, plus everyone is running heatwave now. It's the same 1 trick card and compared to the witcher cards introduced in other factions MO didn't really get any good cards in last expansion.

Wouldn't the obvious nerf to Lippy decks be nerfing Lippy's provisions? Scenarios are all 14-15 provisions. Why not Lippy as well? Still playable, but you'd be forced to downgrade/omit a couple cards.

Payus

Forum regular
Wouldn't the obvious nerf to Lippy decks be nerfing Lippy's provisions? Scenarios are all 14-15 provisions. Why not Lippy as well? Still playable, but you'd be forced to downgrade/omit a couple cards.

No, as it's been said countless times, Lippy is not the issue. It is a card you build lots of decks around, not just Ursine Ritual-cerys... there's literally hundreds of options available to create Lippy decks, not that you would know by looking at the meta.

It's a shame most players ignore what to me is the best part of the game: create unique and original decks.

No, as it's been said countless times, Lippy is not the issue. It is a card you build lots of decks around, not just Ursine Ritual-cerys... there's literally hundreds of options available to create Lippy decks, not that you would know by looking at the meta.

It's a shame most players ignore what to me is the best part of the game: create unique and original decks.

I can't recall seeing anything other than UR-Cerys with Lippy in the past year.

Payus

Forum regular
I can't recall seeing anything other than UR-Cerys with Lippy in the past year.

Because its easy to play. You just play the same more or less every game and win or lose.
Same with witchers NR, Viy, etc. Even kolgrim lockdown decks are pretty much autoplay and autobuild.

I rather have fun watching the grass grow. Maybe it's me, but I like a challenge not a coinflip.

Because its easy to play. You just play the same more or less every game and win or lose.
Same with witchers NR, Viy, etc. Even kolgrim lockdown decks are pretty much autoplay and autobuild.

I rather have fun watching the grass grow. Maybe it's me, but I like a challenge not a coinflip.
Or, by chance, you just love watching the grass grow...? :shrug:

I played double gedyneith with lippy until June (kinda miss it but its better that its not around). There are some other decks but cerys lippy is obviously the strongest.

I reached pro with off the books self poison :beer:
I find it rly difficult to get myself to play again since the meta is super stale yet again thx to no balancing updates

OOF, yeah no syndicate leaders need to be balanced or re-worked. atm there's only 1 - 2 viable leader abilities.

Lippy is too toxic and easy not only because of insane pointslam Cerys who also leaves carry-over and thus playing for 19 (NINETEEN) bloody points the 2nd time she's used (if you have bad luck and don't draw your heatwave), but also because you need much less strategic thinking since you can use all of your best cards 2 times so while non-degenerate decks have to consider when to use their power-play or strongest removal, you don't.
At least tweak the game so that if you have Lippy in deck you ALWAYS play as blue coin, cuz if they get red coin, they just throw everything they got in R1 to overtake you and easily get card advantage (unless you just give him the round after 4 cards) or the ability to bleed you.
Or even give him a condition like Ciri Nova has one except make him better by allowing cards up to 10 provisions. :]

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

Lippy is too toxic and easy not only because of insane pointslam Cerys who also leaves carry-over and thus playing for 19 (NINETEEN) bloody points the 2nd time she's used (if you have bad luck and don't draw your heatwave), but also because you need much less strategic thinking since you can use all of your best cards 2 times so while non-degenerate decks have to consider when to use their power-play or strongest removal, you don't.
At least tweak the game so that if you have Lippy in deck you ALWAYS play as blue coin, cuz if they get red coin, they just throw everything they got in R1 to overtake you and easily get card advantage or the ability to bleed you.
Or even give him a condition like Ciri Nova has one except make him better by allowing cards up to 10 provisions. :]
AH...there it is. Finally someone else says it. That's the more concerning issue with Lippy in my mind. The chance to use their best cards a second time. Most ppl ignore that but no faction should be able to do that, it means there's no need to hold back in R1, the risk vs reward % gets significantly less.

Now there's a solution I think a lot of people could get behind. Or perhaps just swap all card in graveyard and deck that have less than 10 provisions.

[...]
but also because you need much less strategic thinking since you can use all of your best cards 2 times so while non-degenerate decks have to consider when to use their power-play or strongest removal, you don't.
[...]
Honestly that argument is massively flawed, given that you assume Lippy players will draw all of their gold cards they shuffle back, which is uncommon, in fact Lippy is often used in Round 3, so the only reused card is Cerys (redrawing more than 1 Gold after Lippy maybe happens once every 20-50 games).
The problem is completely different from that.
The issue is that with such a strong short Round 3 the deck can get as aggressive as it can get (and actually has to) without fearing to burn out before Round 3, given that a Lippy + Cerys (for 40+ points) in a 3-4 card Round 3 is pretty much unwinable for the opponent.

Edit: What also has to be mentioned is that the Gold cards (with exceptions) in a Lippy deck do not benefit from waiting to use them, so if the player is in a position to force the opponent to trade their Gold cards early (Round 2 or a Red Coin) there is no benefit to not use them all up immediately (without overcommiting of course).

Edit: What also has to be mentioned is that the Gold cards (with exceptions) in a Lippy deck do not benefit from waiting to use them, so if the player is in a position to force the opponent to trade their Gold cards early (Round 2 or a Red Coin) there is no benefit to not use them all up immediately (without overcommiting of course).
Additionally to this post since the quoted post was mentioning replaying you're most powerful Gold Card's (I'm not talking about Cerys here which made Lippy Decks competitive and more consistent) you also need to consider that you will need a lot of discard and thinning tools to make it somewhat consistent that you are drawing you're most powerful Card's plus stuff that jumps out (Roach etc.) when Lippy is played that he does at least bring some tempo and this already reduces the Provisions you got left for powerful Gold Card's drastically.

Seriously People should probably try out a non Cerys Lippy Deck for once before they put all the blame on Lippy and they will realize that those are way to unreliable and that it most likely won't get them anywhere near a positive win rate on higher ranks, even Double Gedyneith for example wasn't really a big thing before Scenarios got doomed.

I just hope that they don't completely kill off Lippy because that would also kill of Coral (which was already before the Removal of Sacrificial Vanguard more of Meme) because discarding tons of special Card's will become impossible without the ability to put something back in you're Deck.

Last edited:
Regarding Ursine Ritual + Lippy:
To my mind the problem is that Ursine Ritual offers too many provisions and both Roach and Knickers got provision boosted. I do not see Lippy as the problem. It´s a provision issue.
Of course Snowdrop and Haern Caduch + Blue Boy Lugos also fit greatly into this deck. But I do not consider them to be the main issue.
Best synergizing deck for Snowdrop is Tactical decision of NG + Doadrick Leumaerts.

For reworks I would suggest the following:
- +1 provision for Knickers
- -1 provision boost for Ursine Ritual
- +1 provision for Cerys (+something like deploy one random damage)
Post automatically merged:

I reached pro with off the books self poison :beer:
I find it rly difficult to get myself to play again since the meta is super stale yet again thx to no balancing updates

Actually, I won 3 games in a row on Pro with Pirate Cove + Salamandra + Self Poison + Philippa + Bincy/Imke

Top Bottom