Leader Challenge: the Crimson Curse edition!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED

One best never make a ruler wait… so don’t hesitate – choose your favourite Crimson Curse leader and join the new Leader Challenge!

This event will last until Tuesday, April 16th, 12 PM (noon) CEST. Leader whose supporters complete the most special quests during that time will claim victory and grant benefits to all players for a limited time:
  • +50% bonus XP when playing as the winning leader in any game mode
  • a chance to stock up on the winning leader’s Faction Kegs in the Shop
Thuras caeth!

––––––––––––

How to participate?
  1. Log in to the game.
  2. Select the faction leader you wish to support via the Leader Challenge popup or the Quests tab:
    • Queen Calanthe for Northern Realms
    • Dana Méadbh for Scoia’tael
    • Anna Henrietta for Nilfgaard
    • Svalblod for Skellige
    • Dettlaff van der Eretein for Monsters
  3. Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards: Faction Kegs and Reward Points.

* Games played or won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.

Yeah cool, but why exactly is arena excluded from this event?
All in all, i expect Arena to be given more value it deserves. You can introduce pro-gaming, tournaments, MMR, statistics or at least such events to Arena.
I imagine that it is possible to decrease the more luck dependent nature of Arena by creating a tournament format of 4 players, whereby each player passes his keg after taking one card and receives 3 cards from other direction. Each player plays with each other along 3 rounds and everyone has more control in opponent's decks, making it much more skill dependant. With slightly more modifications such events would carry a fun and great format like Arena to the pro scene, the place that it deserves.

RKane.

Forum regular
Last quest seems busted again, at least for NR. It doesnt count units with Shield. Fyi im not using Calanthe for the last one. Doubt it matters, since it doesnt mention anything in the quest log about using a specific leader.

Hi love this event but I have one suggestion. I wish we can play any leader of the winning faction. Just saying, will be playing crimson curse leader for the event then after will be playing the same leader just to benefit the exp boost reward.

Once again, I am playing Nilfgaard and hopefully getting that sweet Nilfgaard Banner. I think I'm on the last leg of that Contract, so doubtful during this coming, but maybe.

Last quest seems busted again, at least for NR. It doesnt count units with Shield. Fyi im not using Calanthe for the last one. Doubt it matters, since it doesnt mention anything in the quest log about using a specific leader.

@RKane. It actually does matter, when I used Henselt it didn't count, but as Calanthe it did. I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but that's how it is.

Great! I hope it will be better than last titeme when I had to play almost constantly against Gerni either point slam or Dragon dream to the point I simply stopped playing.

... I mean, it's a leader challenge, not faction challenge, so it probably matters

As much as last time Gernichora was a pretty obvious winner this time I'm wondering who'll win... I think Dana is the strongest but depends on the deck behind her...
Post automatically merged:

Oh never mind, I realized it works with the seasonal mode so Nilfgaard/assimilate will win XD

Sorry for the triple message, good thing it merges automatically... I chose Svalblod to see if it's viable... Not that anybody cares :cool:

cool. little cute event :)

Indeed not merely cute. I find it well thought, immersive and very player-friendly, as it allows us to get together not only against each other but also together as a team pushing our choice ahead to the win.

To which I have to ask a question about the rewards. The first point being XP boost, which is always good. But the second is a ''chance'' to get kegs?? How so?! If I, by the end, have 20 points I will not have won 20 kegs, but just have the chance to do so?

I would also say, however, that it would have been cool to have the freedom to play with any leader and still receive the boost as KDean11 pointed out. As well as to be able to play and chose from more than one leader from the chosen faction within the challenge itself. Although I can imagine it would make the event more difficult to produce that way. >.<

Yeah, trying to make it work but apart from some big power plays (some already known, some new), I'm having trouble with tempo... The Svalblod priest is nice but usually gets destroyed/locked. The leader ability is mostly good on some golds (vildkaarl, sigvald0 or queensguard but not so much on fanatics or other small units. I tried using the portal to thin and bring a fanatic and heymaey protector but the fact that the artifact stays in between kind of take the purpose out of it... Arnvald can reach 8 value max and the totem didn't help me that much. I guess some "whenever berserk triggers" or "boost/damage by the number of bear abomination" would be a nice addition

Not that I don't appreciate these challenges - and overall Crimson Curse is great so far - but I really hope we start to see more action in the coming months. I just think there's so much potential for some more "warped" arenas, more variety in events/challenges, and maybe new modes. The seasonal mode is cool, I'm enjoying this one much more than last month's Bears. But, I keep thinking about things like Faction battles - where you could pit 2 Factions against each other. For example, "Spring Cleaning" could be Scoia'tael versus Monsters(a nod to Thronebreaker). Or "Nilfgaardian Invasion", where you choose either NR or Nilfgaard. This way you could tech your deck against the opposing faction, and people could enjoy a whole different meta for the duration of the event. Maybe even try just one faction - like "Clan Wars", an all Skellige clash.

You could call the mode "Skirmish" or something like that. I know there are surely tons of ideas kicking around the studio. It would be great to get an updated road map at some point soon. I'm absolutely enjoying the game, and I don't want to sound like a whiner! I think we'd all feel better about the future of Gwent if you shared a bit about your plans. Thanks for all the hard work.

I'm not sure if this is suggested or it works like that, cause what I remember is that the 50% XP boost comes for a time after the event. Which for me is an issue that screams FATIGUE.

What I will suggest and that sounds sane to me, is the 50% boost to work retroactively. Meaning - you get the boost when the challenge is over, calculated by the matches you've played with your Leader of choosing... if (s)he won in the challenge, that is.

Went with Svalblod. Not the easiest leader to win with but definitely one of the most fun decks that I run.

Svalblod Priest ticking away at Harald's skulls or Blueboy is tasty play.

Hello,

I am at level 6 of the challenge "win 5 matchs using Svablod". I have won 5 matches but the counter went back to 0 then.
Is it normal ?

Thanks,

B.

Hello,

I am at level 6 of the challenge "win 5 matchs using Svablod". I have won 5 matches but the counter went back to 0 then.
Is it normal ?

Thanks,

B.

Yes, it is normal, 6th quest is the last one and it's also repetitive one as it gives you additional +1 points to the contract.

I wanted to make the 1000 Assimilate contract, so I played with Anarietta. Contract made, Seasonal is fun (I did not play any Ranked gane until now), so I made a Morvran deck and did the 1000 Reveal contract too. The reveal deck was surprisingly good btw...and fun :sad:

Completed Dana Méadbh today. A 6th phase check box opened up, win 5 matches, but no rewards associated with it unlike the previous five? Anyone know if there is player reward beyond the original five or does additional completion only contribute to the faction score?

Hello,

Is it normal ?

Thanks,

B.
Same here with Dana Méadbh. Wondering if there is still player reward beyond level 5 or if it just contributes to the leader challenge score only?

Last edited:
Top Bottom