Leader provision balance

+
I feel that it makes deck building really interesting instead. You have to play around it in deck building, and in those matches against Ursurper are really fun in my opinion, because they do play differently and you have think a bit out of the box.
[...]
How exactly do you have to think out of the box in a needlessly dumbed down game ?
There are not different mechanics, just less and less freedoms in terms of design are always doing the exact opposite to "thinking out of the box".
It is not like certain mechanics get replaced, you just take a few away, rather than having to keep a leader into consideration in terms of your strategy you can just mindlessly play out your hand, ignoring everything apart from the board in front of you.
And given the prevalence of Control the leader at the very least should incentivice certain synergetic cards, rater than just effective cards like Witchers and Unicorn + Chironex, so no, rather than making it interesting it is contraproductive in that regard and makes it less interesting.

Your arguments are actually upside down, rather than pros these are all cons when you carefully look at it.

It is by definition a toxic leader to the game, given that it is not designed to work out like that, leaders being usable the same turn as cards in the hand did introduce a new layer of complexity, which you just remove without adding any new ones.
To me this card is as interesting a leader as one that reads "At the start of the game roll a die, based on the results you either lose or win.", of course that is an exaggeration, however the basic idea holds true for the direction he points towards.

Last edited:
Because of Purify cards, I think Eredin should have more boost, as his uinque ability won't be worth as much as it's now, it probably won't protect a card well so might even be worthless since I believe purify will be a must-have.

Presumably you cannot target an immune unit with purify. Needs to hit the whole row. In theory this forces the opponent to use the purify row card early, thus setting up opportunities for other beneficial statuses. I do think he will need adjusting (maybe a second charge or higher provisions,) I just don't think it is necessarily a total loss.

Presumably you cannot target an immune unit with purify. Needs to hit the whole row. In theory this forces the opponent to use the purify row card early, thus setting up opportunities for other beneficial statuses. I do think he will need adjusting (maybe a second charge or higher provisions,) I just don't think it is necessarily a total loss.
except you usually don't play Eredin early and an Immune deck is based on... Immune. So when it's taken down, the deck doesn't make sense.
So using his special ability just as a bait for the opponent to waste row purify... That is certainly a good point. Except Monsters mainly have no statuses other than Immune... bleeding over vitality Apparently) and you can just play your few shield/vitality on the other row...

I think it's better to bring that up before 28 march so we won't have to wait another month ;p
Any Imrelith/ Yennefer Eredin's deck will be out, just like that... The row purify card was neutral and low provisions right? So I feel it might be an autoinclude...

except you usually don't play Eredin early and an Immune deck is based on... Immune. So when it's taken down, the deck doesn't make sense.
So using his special ability just as a bait for the opponent to waste row purify... That is certainly a good point. Except Monsters mainly have no statuses other than Immune... bleeding over vitality Apparently) and you can just play your few shield/vitality on the other row...

I think it's better to bring that up before 28 march so we won't have to wait another month ;p
Any Imrelith/ Yennefer Eredin's deck will be out, just like that... The row purify card was neutral and low provisions right? So I feel it might be an autoinclude...

Your talking about a card that does zero damage. Even if you purify immune, you need a second card to do the damage to the target. Purify can also backfire as it removes poison (bad for ST,) bleed (bad for MO), lock (bad for NG,) and could mess up your own row (negate your shield, resilience, immune, etc...) I just don't see it as an auto include. Also I suggested giving Eriden a second charge (maybe one per round like bran, but limited to 2 total,) to compensate for the increased vulnerability. To be honest, with poison as an easy example, weather being another, there are good ways to kill immune cards already.

as it stands I really doubt that the row purify card will see play outside of possibly coral bran decks (but hopefully coral gets nerfed because she's disgusting right now). Too many matchups it could be a completely dead card. Currently only slyzard / mourntart really sees play and you'd need to hold the purify card and an order ability of 4 damage or movement to deal with mourntart to the last 2 cards in round 3. Is it good against slyzard? yeah but in most matchups it'll probably be a brick.

Top Bottom