Leader Spotlight: Ardal aep Dahy

+
We haven't seen all the new leaders yet, who knows NR might get a leader that can protect engines or something.
I really hope Meve help NR.I want to play that faction in ranked mode more,but in the current meta its very hard (yeah you can build some ok decks but nothing Tier 1 stuff).Maybe she can replay a order abillity (2 times Eyck for example) or something....

DRK3

Forum veteran
Really nice, i already have a Tactics deck which is nice but underpowered, with this leader and some tweaks might be great now.

Really looking forward to Meve though, NR is the only faction for which i dont have a special skin and im hoping Meve's ability will be awesome so i can dedicate my time to her.

I am interested now to see if the other new leaders will also have a deck building element to their abilities.

I know they have said ST will get a trap themed leader so that could be a thing, but for NR, SK and Mo I am verrrrrry interested to see what archetype/card type they feel the need to boost.

For now though, just to keep on topic, I am really curious how much people end up feeling the need to boost this leader ability before it becomes good enough? Like will tossing in 4 tactic cards and Seizing on 4 be a thing or will adding 8 tactics to get up to 5 be considered what it takes to make it worth swapping out the ability to replay a card or play a whole new card from your deck? Will it be enough to make him viable in the current meta or will he end up setting in next to Calvate until better tactics are added?

What do you all think? What 4-8 tactics cards will you be experimenting with?

Assassination, Royal Decree and Marching orders are all a must if you go for tactics IMO. Commander's horn is a consideration, but it depends on whether you can spare the provisions.

I've found I can get a decent result point-wise with Imperial Diplomacy as well most of the time, but maybe that slot will have to be used for tech options

My tactics deck is incredibly underpowered, hopefully this will re-vitalise it :p

Generally, I find Ardals' ability fundamentally wrong, anti-flavourful and anti-gaming just like Usurpers' ability.

I understand removing points from opponent (at example through destroying something).
I understand adding points to your side (at example through calling reinforcements).
But taking points from opponent and "convincing" that captured unit to fight with same strenght against its previous owner is non-sense.

I do not believe in capturing opponents soldiers and make them fight for your cause with same strenght as before. I would find it much more believable if captured unit would fight for your cause with decreased power.

taking points from opponent and "convincing" that captured unit to fight with same strenght against its previous owner is non-sense.

I do not believe in capturing opponents soldiers and make them fight for your cause with same strenght as before. I would find it much more believable if it would have been something like Muzzle, which is pacifying any abilities, which captured unit has or I would understand if captured unit would fight for your cause with decreased power.

What if that unit I'm stealing wasn't much of a patriot to begin with and I bribed it into committing treason? Or maybe that unit was working for me ALL ALONG! *dun dun dun*

Top Bottom