Leader Spotlight: Eldain

+
Hmph. Another tricky long-ear. Ach, we need a new Dwarven leader!
threaten.png

Very interesting ability, so far I like all the new leaders.

Uh, okay.... You just made Isengrim god tier and Aelrinn guaranteed. Now if we could just get some non shit bronze cards and viable finishers post RIP Schirru....
Honestly I don't think Isengrim and Elirenn will be OP with this ability, Artefact can be removed and even if they don't +3 points Isengrim and -3 body Aelirenn is far from being the most OP thing you can do with a leader in this game.

Also, I wouldn't call Shiru RIP just because his destroying himself upon use, He'll still be able to general about 12 points on average with a huge potential ceiling. I'm pretty sure he'll still be more than playable.

Honestly I don't think Isengrim and Elirenn will be OP with this ability, Artefact can be removed and even if they don't +3 points Isengrim and -3 body Aelirenn is far from being the most OP thing you can do with a leader in this game.

Alright, a bit of an exaggeration perhaps :). Really good isn't stretching it though. To throw out an example board state...

Say you have 3 elves on the board and 2 spent traps with the points between both players about even. Now you transform both traps and play Isengrim. Right there you went up 6 points, Isengrim gets 9 value and Aelrinn comes out for 5 value. That's a 20 point play. I wouldn't call that insignificant. There are so many ways you can use that leader ability to get elf tokens to point-slam a board.

Another example would be to flip traps to pull Aelrinn then drop Pitfall on the same turn. If you had a decent lead there Pitfall is going to block the next card play. The opponent may be forced into a pass because of it. It could easily be leveraged into a, "Get the hell out of my round", type of play.

Artifacts can be removed but at the moment most builds are running 0-1 artifact removal. 2 is risky in most cases. It's unreasonable to assume traps won't stick.

Alright, a bit of an exaggeration perhaps :). Really good isn't stretching it though. To throw out an example board state...
[...]
Artifacts can be removed but at the moment most builds are running 0-1 artifact removal. 2 is risky in most cases. It's unreasonable to assume traps won't stick.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with that to be very good, I just don't see that being god tiers or anything and I'm just talking about the influence of this leader on Isengrim and Aelirenn.

It's also true for artifact and their removal but it also depends on the meta.
Considering the new leaders and balance changes, I think it's safe to assume that the meta is gonna be shaken a little bit so, maybe artifact removal will become more prevalent after the next patch. We shall see I guess.

Interesting, this card is essentially adding 3 point bodies to up to 3 traps, for a total of 9 well distributed points.
Beyond that traps being triggerable by oneself (Fireball Trap) really helps.
if anything this card is held back by the low amount of trap cards in the game.
To be fair in Thronebreaker he is spawning 3 point elves, so not much of a surprise.
Given that Scoiatel is (apart from traps) my least favourite faction I am pleasantly suprised this is not as boring to me as the other leaders they have to offer.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with that to be very good, I just don't see that being god tiers or anything and I'm just talking about the influence of this leader on Isengrim and Aelirenn.

Yeah, we're on the same page. I think the bigger issue with it is drawing the right traps at the right time. As things are currently trap builds can feel awkward to play, IMO. Even elf swarm feels awkward because most elves die when you breath on them. I really wish there was an bronze elf lead off card beyond Regis: HV bait, Gimpy bait and ,"Kill it, it's an engine with a 3 power body".

Yeah, we're on the same page. I think the bigger issue with it is drawing the right traps at the right time. As things are currently trap builds can feel awkward to play, IMO. Even elf swarm feels awkward because most elves die when you breath on them. I really wish there was an bronze elf lead off card beyond Regis: HV bait, Gimpy bait and ,"Kill it, it's an engine with a 3 power body".
Indeed.
Also, I watched Freddy babes's reaction on this leader and he mentioned something interesting.
In order for this leader to be really good you need to make sure you have 3 traps on R3 available for transform, which isn't easy considering the amount of traps available (especially if we're talking about good traps).

But we'll see, surprises happens, maybe someone is gonna find something awesome to assemble with this guy. I'm gonna try as well.

He has a really cool ability though, I really like it, that I'm sure.

I think this ability is really good for one reason: You can now impliment traps into and elf deck without completely destroying your playstyle. It creates a quite decent amount of synergy and I think it's being criminally underestimated since this is utility rather than straight points. Movrann only gives 6 points while his synergy allows it to become far more worthwhile at the same time as allowing for more powerful cards to litter his deck.

Finally new cards coming out can very well improve this abilitys use. i quite like it.

Well I think I'll still be playing Brouver Traps combined with Movement archetype...
Just traps archetype I guess won't be enough, too easy to counter at this moment... So my hopes are in the march expansion

rrc

Forum veteran
Well I think I'll still be playing Brouver Traps combined with Movement archetype...
Just traps archetype I guess won't be enough, too easy to counter at this moment... So my hopes are in the march expansion
Please don't have any hope on any expansions on ST. You can pray and wish that your ST cards are not nerfed, but to get any buff or any good cards, you are bound to get disappointed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom