Leader Spotlight: Sigismund Dijkstra

+

"Not a bloke to toot my own horn, but this… this'll probably be damned impressive."

Damn you guys really nailed the 3D design on Djigstra! The detail on the cane? The cape? The killer mischievous look in the eyes? Very impressed!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
The Sigi Reuven card threw me a bit off, but I still believed that Dijkstra was going to be the 6th leader.
His ability seems solid.

So, in short, a leader that on average makes more coins than Gundren (The average SYN deck runs 6 crimes, so he has 11)...and can use them in a variety of circumstances. Seems like he will be the strongest SYN leader for their greedy builds.

I like Dijkstra as a leader but what about the NR Dijkstra? He was a patriot, it will be very strange Redania without him. What do you think? Do we get a 3. Dijkstra when Redania comes?

I like Dijkstra as a leader but what about the NR Dijkstra? He was a patriot, it will be very strange Redania without him. What do you think? Do we get a 3. Dijkstra when Redania comes?

I had a similar reaction. The video says he was "betrayed..", so I guess the flavor here is taking place after the events of The Wild Hunt. That's my guess. There really can't be any particular "canon" storyline or timeline for Gwent, given the fact that half the characters change drastically or die throughout the books and games. It always made more sense as a card game within the world of The Witcher.

I quite enjoy lore in card games, and this world is close to my heart, so it kind of ruffles my feathers a bit when it gets stretched! I would have liked to see DJ in Northern Realms. Maybe we'll get a special card like "Dijkstra's Plan" or something like that - sorta like Iorveth's Gambit or Yennefer's Invocation. Something to invoke his legacy.

Last edited:
So, we are seeing 3 of him...

And with Radania coming in the future, probably 4...

(Radania seems to be its own faction, and they even have enough lore characters as leaders..
Vizimir, Radovid, DJ, Olgierd, Jacques and probably Philipa
Well maybe Hedwig as well

I can easily see TW1-based expansion with Dagon for MO, Radovid for Redania, Azar Javed for SY etc

So, we are seeing 3 of him...

And with Radania coming in the future, probably 4...

(Radania seems to be its own faction, and they even have enough lore characters as leaders..
Vizimir, Radovid, DJ, Olgierd, Jacques and probably Philipa
Well maybe Hedwig as well
Redania won't come. They first planned it as an own faction and then switched to Syndicate. All of the Firesworn and Witchhunters were likely initially meant for Redania.

Redania won't come. They first planned it as an own faction and then switched to Syndicate. All of the Firesworn and Witchhunters were likely initially meant for Redania.

Radania still have plenty to offer tho. Olgreid's band, radania's army, DJ's spy network, Order of flaming rose etc

It still could be theme of an expansion that offers cards for all the factions. CDPR stated that Redania won´t be a faction since it would be too similar to NR and also NG.

So, in short, a leader that on average makes more coins than Gundren (The average SYN deck runs 6 crimes, so he has 11)...and can use them in a variety of circumstances. Seems like he will be the strongest SYN leader for their greedy builds.

Well this math is just so obviously wrong. Important is only how many crime cards you have in your hand on average, NOT how many cards are in the deck.

Top Bottom