Leader Suggestion: Dettlaff

+
In light of the recent nerf which makes Dettlaff a poor choice over other MO leaders, I've thought of a change that should bring him back to a competitive level without being meta defining. I would like for CDPR to seriously consider this suggestion and I encourage everyone who likes my idea to give a proverbial nod of approval so that this thread can carry weight.

I am open to discussing ideas & revisiting my suggestion with anyone who would like to chime in. Dettlaff is a flavorful leader who deserves to be played competitively; let's bring him back there.

Dettlaff van der Eretein - 12 provisions
Order: Damage a unit by 2
Charge: 3

Deathblow: If you control the highest unit, spawn an Ekimmara and summon it to a random allied row

This makes his token spawning slightly more conditional with a keyword that is part of the faction's identity/strategy & the 12 provisions should limit the scope of powerful cards that could be used with him.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

partci

Forum veteran
When will you learn that combining damage with a body is just imbalanced?

[Edited. -Drac]

The problem is that you will have the highest units almost always with monsters :(

While this is true, you wouldn't want the token spawning to be overly difficult to achieve.

With the added dominance requirement, it gives the opponent a chance to interact against it

I already suggested this, but might as well throw it out their again. Eliminate token spawning all together. Have his deathblow boost an existing vampire by 1. Give him 4 charges 4 x 2 = 8 damage, but if that makes you nervous you can limit him to 2 charges per round or he starts with 2 and gains 1 per round. Max is still 12, you can limit provisions accordingly, and he cannot create vampires so CC depends on him bringing vampires to battle.

... he can't have 3x 2 dmg, spawning tokens was just cherry on top, that's not the OP part

if you give him 3x1 and tokens with 3 power, for a maximum of 12 points, that would be much more balanced than previous version

Last edited:
Eredin and now detlaff are completely useless leaders. I think they should return their original ability but nerf provision bonus they provide making it for example ten.

Gyg

Forum regular
Or just give him two charges with original ability. Most leaders add 8 points of worth with their abilities not counting synergies.

No more control-oriented leaders please.

The leader should have the ability to summon Dettlaff higher vampire himself into the battlefield, with 0 charges. This way he could synergize with crimson curse oriented theme- crimson curse.
Dettlaff should have 2 charges of this ability in order to prevent people from bleeding him.

I already suggested this, but might as well throw it out their again. Eliminate token spawning all together. Have his deathblow boost an existing vampire by 1. Give him 4 charges 4 x 2 = 8 damage, but if that makes you nervous you can limit him to 2 charges per round or he starts with 2 and gains 1 per round. Max is still 12, you can limit provisions accordingly, and he cannot create vampires so CC depends on him bringing vampires to battle.

This is a good suggestion as well. Token spawning along with the damage is perhaps bordering on excessive tempo; replacing the token with a boost of an existing vampire by 1 is a sensible alternative. The only thing I don't like is that the vampire boost restricts the deck building by some margin; yet it's a reasonable limitation since similar leaders such as Brouver or Morvran don't get that duality.

I would put him at 13 provisions with that ability.

Has anybody been having any success with Dettlaff as of late?

There's a midrange list considered as Tier 3 on Aretuza's site in the new meta snapshot.

The issue is that tier 3 doesn't normally cut it in higher ranks.

Top Bottom