Leaving Loc Muinne (Iorveth path)

+
Leaving Loc Muinne (Iorveth path)

Hey there, it’s me again. To recap quickly: My first playthrough was with Roche, now it’s with Iorveth.

So, I defended Vergen and just arrived at the ruined elven city. After unsuccessfully trying to storm the Order’s camp in front of the gates (frickin’ endless enemy spawns) I followed Iorveth through the caves beneath Loc Muinne. We split up again and went our ways, he to check out Phillipa’s house, me to do some questing.
Now, after a while I think to myself “Hey, wasn’t there that Arachas just outside the city and some loot? I should go get that”. To my horror I found that unlike during my playthrough with Roche I could no longer simply leave through the city gate. Other previously accessible exits were likewise inaccessible this time around.

My question to you is: Can you leave Loc Muinne at some point during Act III to go back to the level’s beginning when you sided with Iorveth or is that impossible? If the latter is true, what the fuck were the developers thinking?

Took me long enough to get that far with the TW1 save I wanted to use, but here's what I found:

If you're on Iorveth's path, the Order is unfriendly unless you have a TW1 import in which Siegfried likes you. This means either a TW1 "Order" game, or a TW1 "Neutral" game in which you didn't kill Siegfried early in the Epilogue. There may be other combinations that work. These are the two that I am sure of.

The only way back to the valley with the two Arachas and the cave where Iorveth enters the city is via the Order camp. The wall where you climbed into the city is one-way; you can't climb out. If you can't get through the Order camp because those fanatics want you dead, you can't get through.

Urgh, dammit. Thanks though. I wish I would’ve known that earlier since I can’t go back now. Poor design choice :/

Main gate will remain close except I import order ending.

Then grandmaster Siegfried vouch for Geralt. And main gate unlock. So I can enter and exit from main gate.

Top Bottom