Legacy of Kain fanatic thread

+
Bloth said:
For me that's a plus, that they can weave such a labyrinthine plot over millenia and maintain consistency. You really need to play Blood Omen or at watch a let's play or something Guipit, it's the real foundation of all the other games. Hope GOG release it at some point.

I know what happens in Blood Omen. I don't get how Kain made the choice not to sacrifice himself, did he look at all the shit that would happen if he did through mobius's time portals?

I love how the ending is just knowing who the enemy truly is. "You best burrow deep"

Ah good question, as the last vampire, thanks to Moebius' crusade that Kain sparked by killing William the Just (aka the Nemesis,) Kain did not want want to make his entire race extinct and so refused. That was the original timeline, but there was also his dissatisfaction with the whole choice, he suspected that he was being manipulated and that the odds were rigged. His choice was a delaying tactic, so he could get to the bottom of it all, and wait for his coin to land on its edge.

Edit: In the timeline that was changed by the end of Soul Reaver 2 he would not be the only vampire as Vorador somehow survives, thus I don't know why he chose that now, did he know that Vorador was still alive?

Bloth said:
For me that's a plus, that they can weave such a labyrinthine plot over millenia and maintain consistency. You really need to play Blood Omen or at watch a let's play or something Guipit, it's the real foundation of all the other games. Hope GOG release it at some point.
I also love twisted time-travel plots - there are some rather brilliant episodes of Futurama on that topic ^^ (Bender's big score, The late Philip J. Fry, Time keeps on slippin'...)

Have I mentioned how awesome it is to play both Kain and Raziel? A remake of the original Soul Reaver with Defiance's engine would be great. Ok, only with a less drunk camera. ;) Atmosphere-wise SR 1 still is my favorite, all that desolation, decay, puzzles and gothicness.

Oh Bloth, i forgot to tell you about this, in case you dont already know, although im pretty confident you do, but still:

Blood Omnicide, a project to recreate computer game Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain in 3D.

http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en

Top Bottom