Legendary clothing should be 4 slots by default.

+
Whelp cheers for clarifying m8.

Just seems strange to roll out that specific "fix" for pc and p4 , not mention it, but leave xbox out. It seems the more logical is for Xbox an PC to get similatr since both are basically wihdows ontop of leaving every other exploit alone an untouched but im no dev tbh so i'll sit an scratch my head confused
I am on Xbox One and I can verify we got the same "fix". The unique items in corpses around the map are now always identical on the same character, no matter how much you reload or enter the area the item can be found in.

Before 1.1 items in containers and legendaries on bodies were not static. You could reroll clothing for mod slots and weapons for mod slots plus weapon traits. I did this thoroughly on many articles of clothing and weapons. I am really surprised nobody is talking about the weapon traits.

I am on Xbox One and I can verify we got the same "fix". The unique items in corpses around the map are now always identical on the same character, no matter how much you reload or enter the area the item can be found in.
I save/reloaded repeatedly on 3 seperate occasions today for 3 legendary items to get better mod slots all successfully on Xbox one X with v1.1

Nope I'm on ps4
Post automatically merged:

The stuff I got as rewards from gog are the same as the Johnny set I can upgrade their rarity level but only once for each level and it's random rolls so you have to save before.
the only way to get the best outcome is save, try crafting, if its good ok, if its not reload

I save/reloaded repeatedly on 3 seperate occasions today for 3 legendary items to get better mod slots all successfully on Xbox one X with v1.1
Well then congrats, cause out of the 10 people I directly talked to, everyone else on the forum here and everyone in the Facebook Groups for Cyberpunk 2077 I take part in seem to have a different patch than you got. ^^ You must be special.
Ok, maybe I shouldn't sound so bitter here. Though it sounds super unlikely you are the only one who can still reload saves to do this I wouldn't even put it beyond the programmers to accidently trigger the problem with something you didn't do in the game, but a lot of other players did.

Well then congrats, cause out of the 10 people I directly talked to, everyone else on the forum here and everyone in the Facebook Groups for Cyberpunk 2077 I take part in seem to have a different patch than you got. ^^ You must be special.
Ok, maybe I shouldn't sound so bitter here. Though it sounds super unlikely you are the only one who can still reload saves to do this I wouldn't even put it beyond the programmers to accidently trigger the problem with something you didn't do in the game, but a lot of other players did.
i'll try on PC to see what happend

Ok sorry for delayed reply i was in the middle of the heist an had to wait until it was over to try something.

First the character that i was on there doing the heist was created this morning and i save scummed successfully to get max mod slots on 3 items, rocker vest, neotec pants and gold tipped solo boots.

Second once out the heist an gained control of v in his apartment i saved and loaded four old characters that have finished the story but i knew had never looted or been near the legendary corporate pants, i saved each character at the body and reloaded each 6 times all with the exact same results which was the exact same mod slots and the exadt same mods in them

Third i took the new character an lo an behold the exact same mod slot with exact same mods

So i'll hold my hands up an admit i was wrong but i was right upto i switched to a old character so fuck knows

yeah dont work anymore but at least on my end the drop are maximazed, i have all slot aviable

maybe he isn't rerolling the unique items, he may be rerolling the predetermined clothes. Like this closet always has a racer pants, but matches your level, whereas you are rerolling media hat, which had a fixed level.

question is it fixed no matter what, or does it fix from the time you can see the item in the distance.

either way, they should have a non save scum method of rerolling, or increasing slots, at least for crafters. Or getting crafting recipes for anything. Or they could have appearance and armor Stat upgrades as separate systems.

Every weapon or clothing item should have the maximum amount of slots for its rarity. I'm sick of seeing legendary clothing with 0 slots. Might as well be a common.

I don't know why they went for a random amount of slots but they obviously don't expect you to have maximum slots in each armour part which could be why a lot of people are finding the game so incredibly easy and becoming so over-powered. That being said,.. the amount of slots should not be RNG, it should be a fixed balanced amount.

It seems everyone is getting the same number of slots now...

I don't get what there is to complain about if this is true,.. just a case of taking care what you put in your slots now and having to balance various factors with armadillo and brings more to the gameplay and decision making and hopefully stops the game becoming too easy too quickly and makes save scumming pointless

1611446764690.png

Like many people I discovered this yesterday.

Unlike many people I'm not taking it as a negative, yet.
I say yet, because part of the patch notes was a comment about this patch providing a base for future improvements on things rather than necessarily being the intended final result. So I can see this change being a stepping stone to fixing a raft of problems with the loot system as it stands in the game.

I would think that gear should look like:
Common - lowest values (0-50% of the best outcome) for level and 0 slots. .
Uncommon - highest values (50-100% of the best outcome) for level and 0 slots.
Rare - highest values and 1 slot
Epic - highest values and 2 slots
Legendary - highest values and 3 slots.

Crafting should allow upgrading legendary to 4 slots and should allow upgrading quality as well. (eg upgrade a common 4 times to make it uncommon, repeat up the chain to the maximum quality you can craft).

Frankly I am surprised that gear doesn't look like this to start with, which makes me think there are a bunch of bugs hiding in the loot system.

I say yet, because part of the patch notes was a comment about this patch providing a base for future improvements on things rather than necessarily being the intended final result. So I can see this change being a stepping stone to fixing a raft of problems with the loot system as it stands in the game.

Crafting should allow upgrading legendary to 4 slots and should allow upgrading quality as well. (eg upgrade a common 4 times to make it uncommon, repeat up the chain to the maximum quality you can craft).

Frankly I am surprised that gear doesn't look like this to start with, which makes me think there are a bunch of bugs hiding in the loot system.

There are Legendary items with four slots. I say they come pretty handy?

Some say you can save your game when you stand in front of a Legendary chest/body, and if you don't like the ratings and number of slots you can simply reload and try again?

Ok sorry for delayed reply i was in the middle of the heist an had to wait until it was over to try something.

First the character that i was on there doing the heist was created this morning and i save scummed successfully to get max mod slots on 3 items, rocker vest, neotec pants and gold tipped solo boots.

Second once out the heist an gained control of v in his apartment i saved and loaded four old characters that have finished the story but i knew had never looted or been near the legendary corporate pants, i saved each character at the body and reloaded each 6 times all with the exact same results which was the exact same mod slots and the exadt same mods in them

Third i took the new character an lo an behold the exact same mod slot with exact same mods

So i'll hold my hands up an admit i was wrong but i was right upto i switched to a old character so fuck knows

so does the new character still

it actually looks pretty much like this except, there is no minimum slot per rarity.
all items can have an ilevel of 50(actually 500), which determines base stats. you can upgrade any gear to 500, though upgrade cost is by how many times upgraded, so low level items very expensive.
and rarity gives a boost the starting ilevel

I would agree with this, since there's really no point to having higher grade clothing items without the extra slots especially with the atrociously scaling upgrade costs. The statistical benefit is marginal at best.

In all honesty, I don't really see what the anger is all about. There are far more important issues to resolve first.

Even on very hard the game is extremely easy. There is seriously no need to min-max at all and you get can through everything like a breeze.

Had they fixed the A.I and actually made the game difficult on difficult settings... I'd get it but we're probably not getting a working A.I for a long while. Max slots or no slots doesn't really matter right now :shrug:

Last edited:
Thought something was wrong when 5 legendary pieces I checked out all spawned with no mod slots at all and didn't change after a reload.​

Top Bottom