Legendary droprate is too low

+
Legendary droprate is too low

Just like the title says, i feel that the legendary droprates in gwent is too low. I myself have gotten 2 legendaries in 36 levels and 15 kegs bought and i know for a fact that a lot of people have had it far worse. But i wont speak in their stead. I would like people that agree with this statement to say so in this thread. If you disagree or feel that the problem lies elsewhere, please say so. Maybe if enough people post their opinion on this matter CDPR will take a look at the droprates.

Last edited:
It is a closed beta and i really beliefe that with a campaign and maybe even daily quests it will ease. Let's say you make 18 kegs (6 days you do 3 level) or more a week. 18 kegs should be around 1 legendary from kegs and enough scraps for another one. So 2 Legendarys a week. I think that is good. And the shop is 18€ = a week of playing. We still don't have enough data.

Have opened around ~150 packs so far and got like 10-12 goldens/legendaries (which imo are equally important pulls.) When you are lucky to get maybe one pack a day in Hearthstone, getting 2-3 kegs, crafting material and extra scraps, I feel like Gwent is being quite generous. Perhaps the pull rates are lower (which I don't feel like they are, but hey to each his own.) Ultimately if they are indeed lower, they should be considering the rate one achieves kegs in this game, it would only make sense.

Last edited:
You're not alone. I lucked out with an amazing legendary keg early on. Level 23 now and have only seen one other legendary keg since then. Only had one or two kegs with epic cards, too.

What's even more frustrating is that most of the kegs with rare cards keep giving me duplicates. I swear that like 50% of my kegs have a "Fiend" card in them. Not even kidding.

Not sure what the rates are, but I ve opened around 40 kegs by now and I have gotten 2 gold cards from them. However, one keg gave me 3 epic cards, not sure how can that happen. Personally I think the rates are fine, because if its too easy then progression will be minimal.

As player with a mtg background I disagree with this suggestion. I account them as "mythics" in mtg i think the drop is fine ...there should be cards that are extremely hard to get and not everyone has that is why they are "[FONT=PFDINTextCondPro-Regular, sans-serif]legendaries" if you increase the drop rate they wont feel special when you get them/ play them anymore.[/FONT]

It does appear that some people just lucked out and got good kegs while others were less fortunate. But i do stand by my statement that the legendary droprates could be improved. But i am surprised at the low number of replies to this thread given the number of complaints i have heard from people. If people arent willing to share their complaints then i dont see any reason for CDPR to change the droprates. I know i wouldnt if i was in their shoes.

it isnt called legendary for lols. if you are lucky u will get in kegs (like i did ciri and 2 shani cards) or u will simply have to mill things u don't have the intention to play and craft stuff u need/want.

i milled all factions except one and i made a very decent deck. there is no other way, at least until they introduce single player mode which might enable us to get better cards for a certain faction.

Master_Kenobi;n6885190 said:
it isnt called legendary for lols. if you are lucky u will get in kegs (like i did ciri and 2 shani cards) or u will simply have to mill things u don't have the intention to play and craft stuff u need/want.

i milled all factions except one and i made a very decent deck. there is no other way, at least until they introduce single player mode which might enable us to get better cards for a certain faction.

Ciri and Shani aren't legendaries they are epics. It appears you are not as lucky as you think. I think you are confusing legendary with gold.

Baba.Yaga;n6885400 said:
Ciri and Shani aren't legendaries they are epics. It appears you are not as lucky as you think. I think you are confusing legendary with gold.

Baba.Yaga;n6885400 said:

it seems you are right. i was thinking about one thing (gold cards) but referring to another thing (legendary quality).
however i got the cards i wanted so its a win-win for me, regardless of the quality of the cards.

Baba.Yaga;n6885400 said:
I would be surprised if Goldens/Legendaries have significant if any different drop rates as they are the same crafting cost. Goldens are as important as legendaries in this game.

Level 25, (Level Kegs plus 3-5 extra Kegs crafted from GG/win Ore drops and 10 Kegs purchased) My drops so far:

Epic: 2 Neutral, 0 Monster, 2 NR, 4 Squirrel, 4 Skellige
Legendary: 1 Neutral, 0 Monster, 0 NR, 1 Squirrel, 0 Skellige

Does not include the given cards (base deck - complete tutorial) Geralt, Cow, Eredin, Henselt, Foltest, Sile, Francesca, Crach, am I missing some starter Epic/Legends that I accidentally counted above?)

One epic came from the first four (Eskel), the other 12 (and both Legends) were from the final three.

So, it would seem that I got 13 drops out of 40ish kegs or 32% of kegs had something above Rare in the final three (and IIRC both of the Legendary drops were when "all three cards to choose from are Legendary - choose one" which makes a feel good moment feel bad). Subdivided, it is ~30% dropped Epics (28% in final three), and >1% dropped Legendary.

This would seem that the Epic drop rate is about what I would expect (expected about 25% for final three) and Legendary seems lower than I would expect (expected 1-2%). Also, I am not sure if it is designed to always have Legendary show up in threes (possibly so new players aren't punished for not knowing Rarities on sight (1)) but early on, before finding Gwent DB to check rarities on the final three, I may have had a Legendary drop with a rare or epic, not known that, and chosen a non-legend because the chosen card was something I knew I needed for one of my decks.

I'd be interested in seeing what numbers others have seen, assuming you can determine what came from Kegs (it was easy for me, I've only crafted 1 Epic card and no Legendary cards and milled 1 Epic).

I'd say the drop rates are in the ballpark, assuming my Epics rates are slightly above average and my Legendary rates are slightly below average. I think the bigger issue is the distribution among rarities, but that's a conversation for a different thread (and likely why the Legend drop rates feel much lower than they are - there are so many and we see so few or them)

Turtleboats;n6886770 said:
I would be surprised if Goldens/Legendaries have significant if any different drop rates as they are the same crafting cost. Goldens are as important as legendaries in this game.

But Craft cost is based on rarity not frame color. Example: Decoy (silver) is 800 Craft Cost (200 scrap for mill) and is Legendary. Ciri (Gold) is 200 craft cost (50 scrap for Mill) and is Epic.

[strike](1) There really needs to be some visual indication of rarity on all of the cards. Maybe different font/flourish to the numbers - based on rarity or a change to the borer flourish, an icon, something.[/strike]
Disregard, never realized the lower right corner square is the indicator - just saw it mentioned in the colorblind player thread.

Last edited:
I think some people are going to hate me :)

I'm level 14, got my key on Wednesday (4 evenings of play). Playing as F2P - got 5 legendaries (1 leader) from kegs I bought (I think it was 13-14 bought kegs + 3 free ones) from all the ore I got. I also have a bit more than 600 scraps, I didn't scrap any cards which aren't duplicates (Filippa, Roche (both of them appeared twice in packs), Morkvarg and Ocvist (had no choice there due to others being duplicates)).

Last edited:
nivellen75;n6889370 said:
I'm level 14, got my key on Wednesday (4 evenings of play). Playing as F2P - got 5 legendaries (1 leader) from kegs I bought (I think it was 13-14 bought kegs + 3 free ones) from all the ore I got. I also have a bit more than 600 scraps, I didn't scrap any cards which aren't duplicates.

Wow, maybe the rate is not low but too random.
I have no idea how system works, I open more than 30 free kegs, no legendary and only two gold epic.
I saw many times on stream guys buying kegs and have 1 legendary per 10 kegs on average.
p2w kegs are better than f2p or I'm the most unlucky person

Top Bottom