Legendary seasonal.

+
Interesting seasonal.

First I tried SK. Let's just say that was challenging. I lost about 60-70% of the dozen or 2 games, but I had fun.

Then I moved over to NR pincer maneuver. And that was boring. Really boring. Just throw down cards for point slams. You get Erlang for the powerful end card.
It was an easy win. Stopped after 1 game. Not a challenge.

Now I am at SN. Oh, my. There are some powerful cards here. Not only challenging, but winnable. (typo, meant to say Syndicate)

What is your take?

Last edited:
For the moment (I played a dozen games with Syndicate), I think NR and NG are the most consistent and strong. Very good synergies between cards and a few bricks.
Monsters are quite good, Skellige too (but this one seems inconsistent) I didn't face Scoia'Tael.

Syndicate can be good, there are good combos (Bounty, Firesworn) but it's very inconsistent and coin management can be a nightmare. Lots of pure bricks or conditional bricks (you don't have the coins, you don't have the other cards, of course I drew the Flying Redanian all the time).

I saw some Enslave 8, so I guess the Leader ability is counting from the deck you build. Unfortunately, the cards don't (I tried with loads of Crimes and Reuven's Treasure but it's only 3 coins).

It's quite fun and interesting for analyzing card designs.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I have used SK, MO and ST, and mostly faced NG and NR.

I estimated NG was gonna be crap, but its unfortunately better than i thought. It has not one but two "free cards" that come out of the deck, one of them the new legendary artefact. Ive seen so many morons playing a 3pt Braathens. And TerraNova is bad, but not a complete brick - Emhyr can be used to give spying to units, so hes not as harmless as i first thought.
Oh, and although you can cheat and play enslave 8, at least Skellen wont get a single trigger (also seen many players doing this fail).
The biggest danger is NG's Rience, without access to purifies and locks its quite hard to deal with defender + Rience (and often, Damien).

Ive had no issue piloting SK, then again i know the faction like the palm of my hand, with +3000 wins. Its one of the few that gives enough control tools to put down NG, and also has huge plays that are less likely to be countered than in standard, like Melusine, Sove, Fucusya, ...

ST also has many many bricks, like all of the cards related to traps, Simlas and Saskia Commander - two of the most popular ST cards in the past year - are worthless here, but at least i find it easy to get value from both scenarios.

MO is probably the most fun for me, i love having all these top deathwish units in a deck, and its a good practice for the 2 new cards.
I like to use Liliths Omen on Plague Maiden + Succubus, while Dagon im still trying to figure it out, and plan my future standard deck.
Oh, and its great that both 2pt, 8pr tutors arent bricks and are quite useful.

Things to watch out for in NG.
1. Damien
2. Rience
3. Rience x 2 . Torres Var Emreres after it evolves "return an allied unit to your hand".

I was able to handle 1 Rience but not 2.

Top Bottom