Lesser runestones and glyphs bugged and not found in inventory to be crafted

+
Lesser runestones and glyphs bugged and not found in inventory to be crafted

HI
I've ran into this problem since I got diagrams to craft runestones and glyphs and the thing is that only the lesser ones cannot be found in crafting.
For example i got about 30 lesser glyph of igni and diagram for making glyph of igni so I must be able to make 15 glyphs of igni but when I wanna craft some it says u got none for it.This happens with all of the Lesser runestones and glyphs,wonder if anyone else has this problem cause that's definitely a bug.

EDIT:And I must add this other bug I found recently with only the glyphs that lesser glyphs have 5% buff same as normal glyphs except igni glyph.

---------- Updated at 06:41 PM ----------

Seriously no one else has this problem?????????

Last edited:

Nope, it's not just you, my crafter also doesn't want to use the glyphs in my inventory.
The lesser glyph of infusion, with which you can craft the lesser glyphs, seems to only exist in merchant's inventories and is very expensive. :(
If you try to first dismantle your existing glyphs, you get SILK.

°~°~°~°~°

Edit: I figured out that you can craft the lesser glyph if infusion and when you create glyphs with that, you can upgrade them. So the bug seems to be that the glyphs/runes you can find (dunno about purchased ones) are not the same item than a crafted one.

Last edited:
Bug Reporting, Already aquired runes are not counted toward crafting formula...

Acquired runes toward the games cannot be used for crafting normal or greater runes or symbol. Only crafted runes can be use for crafting greater runes. Games is having the latest patch.

This is the case for symbols as well.

This is happening with mutagens as well. I have to drop red/blue/green mutagen before I can craft another from lesser mutagens. I get the same "you already have this item" message as with potions or oils I already have.

This is happening with mutagens as well. I have to drop red/blue/green mutagen before I can craft another from lesser mutagens. I get the same "you already have this item" message as with potions or oils I already have.
I think this is another issue than that of OP.
Anyway, same for white gull and other alchemy stuff you need a lot. Makes brewing slow. Only stuff you need to brew only once should have that check.

I hope there's a hot fix for this inconvenience. A hot fix that doesn't touch anything else except the bugged alchemy.

Crafting: Can't use looted/purchased runes

i have already seen multiple mentions of mutagens not crafting correctly. i am always getting "You already have this item" bug.

but i believe it's a different problem with the runes.
only runes that i craft myself are eligible for more crafting. i have at least 4 of every type of lesser and regular runes that i collected through looting and purchasing but none of these will craft. only ones i have just crafted are able to be combined into more powerful runes

is this for some reason intentional and there's something in the menu that i'm missing or is it just another bug?

OK - for purposes of forum tidying up only, can I confirm that we're looking at two different problems here?

1. There's the general problem of not being able to make something when you already have one in inventory, a problem that started after patch 1.05
Thread for this is here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46609-Crafting-Mutagens-is-broken-since-1-05

2. You're reporting a different problem, that you can't use looted or purchased runes for crafting, only runes that you made yourself?
Can you confirm that it really is a different problem, and not related to the above?
And did this also start from 1.05 or was it always like this?

The issue's getting very confused on whether it's the same bug as that affecting mutagens, or something different. Please help clarify.

Last edited:
OK - for purposes of forum tidying up only, can I confirm that we're looking at two different problems here?

1. There's the general problem of not being able to make something when you already have one in inventory, a problem that started after patch 1.05
Thread for this is here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46609-Crafting-Mutagens-is-broken-since-1-05

2. You're reporting a different problem, that you can't use looted or purchased runes for crafting, only runes that you made yourself?
Can you confirm that it really is a different problem, and not related to the above?
And did this also start from 1.05 or was it always like this?

The issue's getting very confused on whether it's the same bug as that affecting mutagens, or something different. Please help clarify.

as i stated in my new thread that has been moved here: "i believe it's a different problem with the runes"

as far as i can tell mutagens will not craft if you're holding one of the same type you are trying to craft. you get the "You already have this item" tooltip there.
runes will not craft\combine unless you have created them yourself. doesn't matter how many you are holding and there is no tooltip about already having.

Last edited:
Yup, seems to be two problems - possibly related, possibly not.
Has the runes problem always been there, or did it start with 1.05?

This problem has nothing to do with the "Already have one in inventory" bug that was introduced. I think this one has been in the game since launch. The problem is, the diagram only recognizes one of the glyphs and that's the one you craft yourself or buy from the merchant. It won't let you use ones you've looted. If this is intended, then a different name for them would be nice.

Yup, seems to be two problems - possibly related, possibly not.
Has the runes problem always been there, or did it start with 1.05?

It's new with 1.05.

From what I can see, runes and glyphs that I've found or looted since 1.05 CAN be used in crafting. Those I found or looted prior to 1.05 cannot.

The old and new glyphs and rune stones also stack seperately.

Thanks for the replies.
And yeah I believe it started after 1.05(but still not 100% sure), anyway it doesn't make sense when u have loads of these lesser glyphs and runestones which u looted and u can't use them as crafting components, it's like they should be in junks tab and I think these 2 problems mentioned are related somehow.So if they did this intentionally, I think it would be a disadvantage for the game and if it's a bug i hope it gets fixed in the next patch and about the mutagens issue I haven't got a problem so far.

There is this other thing I'm looking for which is lesser runestone diagram, the blank one which is the most important and basic diagram in the runestones i think ,but I can't find it anywhere in skellige or velen, I've also searched around this subject and went to every location mentioned in other forums and youtube videos but it doesn't exist which I think is another bug after 1.05.

i'm definitely sure that started with 1.05 .

-if you loot a rune in game , its 1.04 rune ( like %5 aard sign -lesser ) , and u cannot use it for crafting
-if u craft a lesser rune or buy it form shop , its 1.05 rune ( %3 aard sign - lesser ) , u can use it for crafting

and yes its a different problem than alchemy bug ,

I would appreciate an official statement of when this game breaking bug gets a patch.

I'm not entirely sure it's game breaking. Annoying? Sure. Game breaking? Nah.

The alchemy bug is easy enough to work around by dropping the item after you make it, and then making another one. Then pick up the first one and you have two.
The glyph/runestone issue is irritating, but there are enough glyphs lying around to fill my slots, and the difference between a lesser glyph and a greater glyph is hardly going to destroy the world.

HI
I've ran into this problem since I got diagrams to craft runestones and glyphs and the thing is that only the lesser ones cannot be found in crafting.
For example i got about 30 lesser glyph of igni and diagram for making glyph of igni so I must be able to make 15 glyphs of igni but when I wanna craft some it says u got none for it.This happens with all of the Lesser runestones and glyphs,wonder if anyone else has this problem cause that's definitely a bug.

EDIT:And I must add this other bug I found recently with only the glyphs that lesser glyphs have 5% buff same as normal glyphs except igni glyph.

---------- Updated at 06:41 PM ----------

Nope, I also found the percentage changed from 5% to 3% and I also cannot make quen glyphs from lesser quen glyphs I had previously found.

I wonder why none of the devs have acknowledged this bug, and promise to fix it? It's been reported by multiple users, on multiple threads... Do they think we are making this up?

Last edited:
Fixing this would really be nice, since you can't really sell all the hundreds of runes and mutagens you loot (especially not mutagens- I literally have almost hundreds of the latter by now, and I can only sell them for few cents). What's the use of letting us have them as loot if we can't upgrade or sell them? Rather let us pick up more useful loot then, if we can't upgrade these, or at least have them cost more when you try to sell them.

Top Bottom