Lessons from Draug

+
Lessons from Draug

For those who don't know Draug is a fiery monster that deals 7 damage split among all enemy units, but he wasn't always like this. Long time ago in closed beta his ability read "Destroy all non-gold units with 3 strength or lower". Now you can imagine how useful this card would be today in a meta where swarm runs more or less uncontested but back then nobody played him. So obviously the devs thought "well if nobody plays this card NOW then we should completely change it".

I think this is something we all need to think about and the devs should realize that not all gold cards will be played, especially at high rank and some cards are simply too meta dependent. This game is young, many cards will be added in the future and you can't really predict what interactions some of these unplayed cards will have.

Like many, if i were a dev i would change Regis but if that idea made it into the game then it must have a purpose, cards aren't created randomly, so who knows someday maybe it will find its place in a deck. So in conclusion stop being so short-sighted, just cause a card isn't played NOW it doesn't mean it's bad and should be completely redesigned.

I think the new sexy muscular Skellige hero, whatever his name is, kind of does what the old Draug used to do, only better, because Draug was a one off thing and the new apollonian guy keeps pumping his muscles every turn.

I liked Draug a lot when the ladder was swarming with not-yet-nerfed bears, he was like one more Alzur who wiped out a 6 Str bear or (even better) a 6 Str bear plus the priestess who just resurrected it (after a conventional Alzur killed it the first time).

Because of that teching, I gained something like 500 MMR, I almost thought to transmute him (it's the reward I give to faithful minions), though the lack of meteorite power made me choose Succubus instead; somehow, she was much more persuasive.

All Bronze machines of every faction have 6 Str (except light longship who has 5), the big guy will become useful again as soon as machines become tier 1.

I only hope the OP does realise that cb and ob are two different animals. Different species, if I may.

tortugueta;n9180381 said:
I think the new sexy muscular Skellige hero, whatever his name is, kind of does what the old Draug used to do, only better, because Draug was a one off thing and the new apollonian guy keeps pumping his muscles every turn.

Vabjorn is his name, but he's extremely situational, therefore would never be competitive.

I think Draug's problem is mainly it's RNG based, if you could direct the 7 damage to specific row, then he would see alot more plays.

Top Bottom