Lessons learnt from Red Dead Redemption 2 applied to CP77

+
God of War wins tga's goty beat rdr2 which has full of details but mediocre core gameplay. I never worry about CDPR's story telling skills What they need learn take more care of gameplay That's Achilles' Heel of CDPR

when RDR2 won best narrative i knew they weren't going to win GOTY.

There a lot lessons that CD Projekt Red can learn from looking at how rockstar games build the world of red dead redemption 2 to make in more alive than any other open world before it.Its the next leap in open worlds because you are not bothered by all these notifications that take you out of the world.

RDR 2 also makes you care about gang work with and live so CD PR can learn how make the games connect with the partner/ crew that their character will have.An lesson that you can take from RDR 2 is consequences like if you kill someone that person brother might trying kill you or if you dont was yourself then you will start to get dirty so less people will want to speak to you. Maybe you gain some weight from eating to much food.

Stuff like that makes your character feel like a real person.

Yep, someone should try to make an open world game without a mini map as a core design element.

Last edited:
It's True
yes, he's right: that's why no one has ever said that rockstar makes sandbox games, but linear cinematic stories in open world settings. Zelda BotW does exactly the opposite. And he continuously says that troughout the video with the lego similarity.

I really agree only on the police system, that's a real flaw.
Post automatically merged:

This level of details:

Last edited:
I skipped RDR2 and went for Fallout 76, boy its a mess, quests resets, camp disappears, stash is gone, lost of progression etc. I think they got it all over there. Takes minimum like 6 month of fixing.

Guest 3573786

RDR is certainly a great game that has many things going for but I HOPE TO GOD cdpr doesnt look to them in designing side-activities. Why? Here's why:

The more they move away from the Rockstar the better. Cyperpunk should be more like Dues ex, Dishonored and Fallout New Vegas and less like any overrated mess that Rockstar has made. They make heavily on the rails sandboxes with garbage gameplay and controls. TW3 was heavily influenced by Red Dead 1 which severly hurt the game because Red Dead 1 was fuckin garbage. I haven't played Red Dead 2 but it seems like the same old Rockstar game design.

Last edited:
I think there are several lessons that can be learnt from RDR2:

1) Animations: number and quality. That's how an immersive game should be, everything is so realistic (with some exceptions). It has animation for eating, picking items up, opening doors, smoking... When playing in FPP it really feels like you are doing those actions, you never feel like a floating camera moving object via telekinesis. Extremely immersive. Seen in other games, but never at this quality.

2) Polishing: the game has very little bugs, almost no need to be patched after launch. Incredible, every software house should learn from it.

3) How narrative is perfectly coherent with side quests: there's a perfect combination of moments when the game pushes you towards the main quest (prologue), moments when it gives you time to explore and do side quests ('till Saint Denis) and again and again. You feel in a hurry when you should and you feel like you have time when you should. First time I see something like this in a videogame, in particular RPGs have this probelm usually.

4) world changes with time, according to narrative. I don't want to spoil too much, but you can see houses being built with time and . That's an incredible level of details that pairs with animations, with getting dirty with blood and when falling in mud or getting washed when raining or swimming.

Top Bottom