Let it rain!

+
As we know Rage of Sea is currently very much underperforming. Bad weather is not a thing - not even in hot summer now.

To make it more interesting i have following suggestions:
1) Replace the leader ability "spawn rain 2x" with "spawn tears of siren 2x"
Reasons:
  • first of all due to roleplaying. tears of siren would much better for a skellige theme as the neutral rain
  • also with tears of siren you could have a little alchemy synergy, so you got maybe add some of the druids to make more flexible decks
  • the weak rain feature would have at least a small deafening siren on your side as compensation, which again could be used for some beast synergy

2) change Veadermakar so it enhances all weather always by a +1 duration no matter if the weather was played before / after or during placement of Veadermakar
Reasons:
  • currently he only increases the weather which is already on the board at the time you play him. this makes it a very weak card, meaning even if you have weather running on 2 rows already (which needs generally 2 other turns before), you only get 4 additional points of damage in general for playing him. bah!
  • if that would be too much (which i do not think), then at least make that it effects all weather played AFTER playing Veadermakar, instead of the weather played before him.
    • currently opponents do not even consider locking or removing this card, cause they know its pointless and not dangerous anyhow
  • also currently his description is very confusing. to find out about the above thing, how he really works, took me hours. and i play since almost 6000h already :)

3) make rain and storm (as opposite to other weather) trigger at the END of YOUR TURN (not the one of the opponent)
Reasons:
  • in my opinion rain and storm mechanics should be distinguishable from other weather like fog and cold (which are basically monster things).
    • fog and cold target one unit strong, while rain is something gentle, slower thing
  • however, it just takes too long until the rain will become any useful. this slow -1 -1 each round doesn't combine well with other cards
  • this could be fixed that the rain effect imminently takes effect after placing it, so not until the opponent has finished. Since it targets anyhow only very weakly the opponent's units, i think this would be still fair. it would help to give at least some power for the final round (e.g. finishing with a storm)
    • actually rain and storm only is effective with many enemy units on the board. but: since storm takes so long to trigger, it is almost pointless at the time, when finally units ARE on the board
4) make rain more fun: playing rain two times on the same enemy line, should convert it into a storm
Reason:
  • this would give the leader ability "Rage of Sea" a little more power
  • it would give those new drummer cards some better synergy (even if it would be only for one round).
  • it is a nice idea from roleplaying perspective
what do you think?

Last edited:
Yes they have neutered weather into oblivion ... It's probably sub-meme level at this point. And the things they've done with monsters and SK to try to make it relevant again aren't enough imo. I like your idea about Vaedermaker affecting all weather affects that are played while he is on the board (and not locked). Would make him much more useful as well as weather in general. Either that or make existing row effects at the time he was posted permanent while he is active on the board! Or perhaps give him an order with a 1 or 2 turn cool down that would allow him to add 1 to an existing weather effect on a single row. That would shake things up. But that would require them redoing everything they've just done with fog and rain that depends on the number of rounds it is active.. Still, a much better option in my opinion.

I miss what weather used to be

DRK3

Forum veteran
First, i would like to give context about my experience with the archetype in question:
I've built a rain deck and played 10-15 matches with it, which is not a lot. And i've only faced 2-3 opponents with such decks.

Regarding the OP's suggestions:
1) I really love this suggestion, stats wise rage of the sea leader charges are already exactly like a 'tears of siren', if im not mistaken, but the synergies with alchemy would improve it indirectly.

Also, i think it still needs a 1provision buff, it makes no sense to have less provisions than reckless flurry. Why?
Slow plays like weather, or any play that might miss value is less valuable than instant, guaranteed value, specially when we're talking damage, which is the best type of "points". So, its Reckless Flurry that should be 164 and Rage of the Sea 165.

2) Vadermakar - i actually like him as is, 6pt body for 6 provision, so he's 1:1 in worst case scenario, and with the combo with scepter he can be a whole lot more. I do think this sea archetype is the only one where he's worthy (due to the increased value of storm vs the regular types of weather), and he would need a buff like the one suggested to work on other decks.

3) Not a fan of this suggestion. Yes, it would make rain/storm better, with more synergies for SK, but it would make weather in general more complicated, instead of all working under the same conditions, so i dont think this is the best way to buff any type of weather.

coincidentally i have made a rage of the sea druid deck yesterday. Only played on casual but i ve got some good results. i have played against all the meta decks and almost win all te games (in fact one game i was winning, but i made the stupid thing to trigger cenario with bride of the sea and put a mardroeme in my enemy unit while i whant to put decotion).

despite that, i think i only get good results because players doesnt know the deck and what to excepect from it. I really agree the rain and storm thing its low tempo,

I mean, when i see fulmar i thought he was a really good card. But transforme rain in storm you need at least 3 or 4 units in he same row, and of course, unless your opponent is playing swarm, he wont do that in the first turns.

So when your opponent has a good number of units in one row, problably it is in the final of the round and your storm will bricks (a lot of games my opponent finished with storm in his side(

No. Weather doesn't deserve any buffs, as far as I'm concerned; to me, the less it's played the better.
I think I know where you're coming from. I still have frost PTSD from beta. Frost wasn't the strongest, but it was very binary as you either had the counter or not. Also it was devastating against some decks and bad against others

Well Draconifers is known for only playing Nilfgaard. He doesn't touch other factions. He probably doesn't want weather because it has nothing to do with Nilfgaard.
You have no idea how completely wrong this is, when it comes to weather and something else. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom