lethal/non lethal options need work

+
Ever heard of a little thing called "blunt force trauma"??? I feel like making blunt and fists all non-lethal is not only extremely unrealistic but also removes some player choice options in how they want to operate. I wanna murder with a B-ball bat. Can't though, no matter how hard I hit.

Also, as of where I am at right now, there is only one lethal quick hack. It would be cool to see more lethal hacking options that are the equivalent of the base overheat and shock abilities. I know there is the "make the enemy shoot themselves" hack, though I haven't seen it yet. However, I'm not looking for insta-kill lethal hacks, just regular attacks that are similar to the non-lethal versions.

There's a quest line that wants you to neutralise targets but keep them alive so a non lethal option was needed for this and fists/blunt fit this profile, I know there's a mod to make weapons non lethal but would be annoying to have to find this to do the quests.
A lethal mod would of given the option your wanting but I guess the devs didn't see the point when there's a multitude of lethal weapons. :shrug:

non lethal mod on blades DO NOT WORK. you can tell in the text messages where there is no mention of them being alive, as opposed to knocking out with a club.

also..

anyone else find that Sandevistan slow time bugs out melee combos?

There's a quest line that wants you to neutralise targets but keep them alive so a non lethal option was needed for this and fists/blunt fit this profile, I know there's a mod to make weapons non lethal but would be annoying to have to find this to do the quests.
A lethal mod would of given the option your wanting but I guess the devs didn't see the point when there's a multitude of lethal weapons. :shrug:
Literally every gun vendor sells the non lethal mod and it is like a couple hundred eddies.

A lethal mod for blunt weapons would not give me the "option" I am wanting, because the "option" I want is realism. A baseball bat swung hard to the head will kill you. Period. I believe Gorilla Arms are lethal, so at least there is that. Simply adding a mod to make non lethal would be very simple and much more realistic. At the very least they could make it so if you continue to hit them with a blunt weapon once they are down it will kill them. As it is, you could stand their wailing on them for hours and they're fine. Again, not "immersive"

Also keep in mind that the crazy hacks that fry an enemy with electricity and fire are also non lethal for some reason. Again, if someone has implants in their brain, and you set that on fire, that would kill them. Period.

I am specifically criticising realism here because many of the decisions made by CDPR that I personally disagree with were made with the reasoning of "realism and immersion". I would not be going so hard on this had CDPR not sold half of their terrible ideas with the reasoning of "immersion".

I am specifically criticising realism here because many of the decisions made by CDPR that I personally disagree with were made with the reasoning of "realism and immersion". I would not be going so hard on this had CDPR not sold half of their terrible ideas with the reasoning of "immersion".

I totally agree with what you say, what worries me is that they are details that are instantly noticeable I do not understand the criteria that were applied for some decisions in development

There is more than one lethal quickhack. I forget the names but, the "lethal" shock, suicide, and cyberpsychosis all do the trick. System Reset looks pretty lethal, but isn't (good).

Top Bottom