Lethal vs non-lethal

+
Is there something missing from me or there is general problem distinguishing enemies knocked down with lethal and non lethal means?
I even sometimes wonder if what i did actually killed enemy by mistake.
I am trying to achieve the non-lethal approach but game does not help me much. Sure some weapons and hacks have tooltips saying so but:

1) How can a hack that sets someone on fire have non lethal effect?
2) "PAX" modification. Really? Having a sniper riffle with PAX mod fixes the problem? I can headshoot enemies dealing tons of damage and it will not kill them?

Game should also help me to identify the fact if i have a BODY or UNCONCIOUOS enemy. I believe original Deus Ex did that.
Right now I am guessing.

I have the same Issue, there are times within a quest or side job where you are told to eliminate all the enemies in the area, sometimes even without non-lethal weapons, for example I shot an enemy in the head with my revolver no non-lethal mods attached or anything, it counted as him being knocked out? and so it left me confused when I cleared the area with seemingly no enemies left, the objective still told me to eliminate all enemies, that meant I had to go around checking who was dead on the floor and who was left riving around in pain but still alive and then forcing me to execute the remaining enemies that for some reason where not dead already.

Another thing is the AI do nothing for the fellow gang members after being found knocked out. just as you mention, in Deus ex the enemies would revive their unconscious allies because it made sense that they would.

Some weapons have effect 'like poison" and this effect are applied after the damage. If the damage is less than their health, it probably be the poison effect (non-lethal) who knockout them. And if you have Legendary Short Circuit equiped, there is more chance to knockout enemies with his passive effect (Add lvl 1 shortcircuit QH effect for all basic attacks, even with guns). Not sure if it's clear :)
And i have never seen a quest/GIGs where you have to obligatory kill the enemies (except one with El Capitan) :(

And how you can "revive" a guy who is knockout directly like that (with magic potion ?). It would seem really strange for me :)

In my opinion if your enemies could revive their knocked out allies it would add more challenge to the game and give you more of a reason to hide bodies in containers.
Post automatically merged:

Good point about the extra effects the weapons have, I didn't consider that originally and that does make sense.

Last edited:
Is there something missing from me or there is general problem distinguishing enemies knocked down with lethal and non lethal means?
I even sometimes wonder if what i did actually killed enemy by mistake.
I am trying to achieve the non-lethal approach but game does not help me much. Sure some weapons and hacks have tooltips saying so but:

1) How can a hack that sets someone on fire have non lethal effect?
2) "PAX" modification. Really? Having a sniper riffle with PAX mod fixes the problem? I can headshoot enemies dealing tons of damage and it will not kill them?

Game should also help me to identify the fact if i have a BODY or UNCONCIOUOS enemy. I believe original Deus Ex did that.
Right now I am guessing.
The best way I could figure is that a non-lethal take down (from quickhacks or other) result in the enemy lying on the ground still showing some slight movement, particulairly in their limbs.

I do not know if PAX achieves the same thing. But thats how I've been able to recognize enemies that I took down with non-lethal quickhacks.
Post automatically merged:

Some weapons have effect 'like poison" and this effect are applied after the damage. If the damage is less than their health, it probably be the poison effect (non-lethal) who knockout them. And if you have Legendary Short Circuit equiped, there is more chance to knockout enemies with his passive effect (Add lvl 1 shortcircuit QH effect for all basic attacks, even with guns). Not sure if it's clear :)
And i have never seen a quest/GIGs where you have to obligatory kill the enemies (except one with El Capitan) :(

And how you can "revive" a guy who is knockout directly like that (with magic potion ?). It would seem really strange for me :)
Not just poison it seems like. I'm running around with Fenrir SMG and that weapon does fire damage, apparently also non-lethal as enemies who were taken out by the fire damage effect, rather than me shooting them also ended up as if quickhacked with like overheat or short circuit or system reset.

About the revival: They could make it so that if they carry a healing stimpack, that they use that on their fallen friend. Just a thought (althought how they would do this after a system reset I do not know, maybe they have their own hacking minigame going on :LOL:)

Last edited:
Not just poison it seems like. I running around with Fenrir SMG and that weapon does fire damage, apparently also non-lethal as enemies would were taken out by the fire damage effect
Yep just an example, It work with all non-lethal effects (fire, electric or poison). physical damage is lethal, i think :)
(Fenrir is pretty good for non-lethal, good chance to applied fire effect and when it does, enemies goes down quick).

Yep just an example, It work with all non-lethal effects (fire, electric or poison). physical damage is lethal, i think :)
(Fenrir is pretty good for non-lethal, good chance to applied fire effect and when it does, enemies goes down quick).
Yup. Not that I do it for the non-lethality, but it sets people on fire good :)
Also, small suggestion worth trying out. Get the Legendary Grad sniper rifle from the vendor in northwest Santo Domingo, and stack it with damage- effect chance increasement mods so it can (if dmg is thermal) also set people on fire with fairly high chance and watch them burn :) a good way to take down very high level enemies ;)

The best way I could figure is that a non-lethal take down (from quickhacks or other) result in the enemy lying on the ground still showing some slight movement, particulairly in their limbs.

Another trick is that when you scan the body, if they're dead there are zero stars on the warrant. I guess because you already collected it? But a more explicit description in the scanner would be nice.

Top Bottom