Letho block glitch?

+
Letho block glitch?

ya, so I am getting very frustrated with Letho, I see a lot of posts about this guy and I am sure I got a glitch. I aard him and swing immediately after, he blocks it. I trap him with yrden, he is blocking everything even when I swing at his back. I don't even see his sword move to block it. Even in the middle of his swings, he can block my swings. Is this is glitch? if so, how can I fix it...

here's my wtf video

He has similar skills to you, and at this point in the game he's probably stronger than you.

He's using Quen as a shield to protect himself from your attacks. You either need to take down the Quen by multiple attacks, or keep out of his way until it expires. Taking it down by attacking by sword can be dangerous as it reflects damage back at you, if you're nearby when you attack him, so consider ranged attacks such as bombs.

i think i just threw about 50 grapehsot bombs at him, he pissed me off. the second playthrough i was able to beat him without bombing him.

Yup. Grapeshot's not actually very strong, so you're best waiting it out. You were probably just lucky in the earlier playthrough - if you catch him while Quen is down, he may not get the chance to cast a new one.

Saoe said:
dude! you have to wait until his Quen is down then attack
This

Bombs may do the trick. But until Quen is up, you can't do any damage to him. He's a witcher, remember? He has signs just like you.
Yrden is pretty useless with him. Block his blows pressing E. This will make him unstable and break his defense and you can hit him easily.

Saoe said:
dude! you have to wait until his Quen is down then attack

and that seemed to be my issue. Easy peezy. Honestly though, Seeing how people don't bounce off of me when I have Quen up, I didn't think I would bounce off of him. I got even more confused when he can block after casting or getting hit by aard... Honestly, his ability to block almost anything instantly when he should be punished for missing a cast or a swing, and with no animation really makes it hard to tell if the game is glitched or not.

It is not a glitch. It is just that Letho is more difficult in your first playthrough than in the second. Believe me. Mostly it is becoz you have to familiarize more with Geralt's abilities.

Fact is that Letho is one of the most badass boss in the game. But there is worse. Go figure...

eyel2kay said:
and that seemed to be my issue. Easy peezy. Honestly though, Seeing how people don't bounce off of me when I have Quen up, I didn't think I would bounce off of him. I got even more confused when he can block after casting or getting hit by aard... Honestly, his ability to block almost anything instantly when he should be punished for missing a cast or a swing, and with no animation really makes it hard to tell if the game is glitched or not.

If you take a look at your character development screen, you'll see an "Enhanced Quen Sign" in your mage tree. Letho has that, you almost certainly don't at this stage in the game. Guess what you'll be able to do when you get it :)

No, it's not a glitch. Letho is an experienced witcher who DIDN'T lose his memory. Right now, that means he can do things that Geralt can't. It's supposed to be like that - Letho's conversation during the fight points out the same thing.

You can see when Letho's Quen is active. Attack when it isn't. The one big advantage you have over Letho is the ability to move quickly.

SO as soon as the fight starts Aard before he can even cast Quen then attack strong, strong, strong then Aard then again attack Strong, Strong, strong then Aard for another stun, repeat attacks Strong, strong, strong and repeat until he's backed into a wall...GETS HIM GOOOOOD.

Then backoff as soon as he blocks your sword attack...so quickly roll away because you need to recover 'vigor' again for another attack on strong attacks and Aard stunning.

But if he cast Quen you need to backoff and keep running and throwing any type of bombs at him.
Any fire bombs do good like 'Dancing star' or 'dragon's dream'.
Stun bombs might not stun as much but do knock him back a little.

The main thing is to STAY ALIVE and keep away so your health is still high and regenerating.
If he does a 'whirl attack' you MUST block or roll away...because if you get hit, it cuts you up pretty bad.

Yrden does stop him but only if he's Quen shield is down it's when it's fully effective for back attacks.

I think I died a few dozen of times but you get use to he's attack since some times he does throw bombs at you and I've died from getting hit with a bomb if your too far away.
Also having your own quen shield up does help quite a bit and keeps you alive.
You need to keep moving try and stun him as soon as he's Quen wears off.

letho is hard.

I feel like lucked out. I don't know if his quen was on or not, but when I trapped him with ydren I whacked him with strong and I was suprised at how in just a few hits his health bar had FINALLY started to take serious damage.

Top Bottom