Letho (Kingslayer) is under-provisioned

+
Hey have noticed many times playing this game that while i play this game a noticeable unbalance when facing someone skilled with Nilfgaard. Being they are the ONLY faction that can refresh their leader ability this makes literally all leader abilities OP when paired with it. Have played it and i admit its fun to steal every card an opponent has, but im left feeling like that was excessively op, and really takes the fun out of the game. Out of the many unbalances in this game i think this is by far the most broken meta. Allowing players to use triple bribery or spam their leader twice along with double bribery say with strategic withdrawal.

Im not calling for the meta to be abolished because as a ST main i think its super rewarding when you can successfully crush that meta. BUT 10 provisions is exceedingly broken when u can copy AND deploy a potential 12-13 provision card, or TRIPLE leader ability, or TRIPLE bribery.

Largely demoralizing, IMO its extremely annoying playing against that meta, to the point where id probably have more fun playing another game.

Either push his provisions up, because that should be a leader card level provision (12-13) maybe hp boost, or make him a neutral card! break the game for everyone! After all it would make sense since letho was hired by nilfgaard to assassinate king Foltest. Couldnt any kingdom pontentially do that?

I'm a big fan of Nilfgaard and exactly these type of abilities, but I completely agree that it has gone too far and out of control.

One of the most defect things in this game is "spawn/create" mechanic, including how it replays great goldcard X (in whatever way), which in my book is also the fundamental problem behind what you point your finger at. Being able to replay the leader 4 times, that's pretty much 4 extra gold cards.

Nilfgaard is not the only faction that suffers from this problem, but by far the most obvious.

There is a great mechanic in the game to solve these kind of issues, it's called "doom", one of the best and most underused mechanics in this game. It can take care of a range of issues the game is currently suffering from, including Damien De La Tour shenanigans. I like the card itself, but there has to be some kind of limits. It goes for many cards in the game and not only Nilfgaaard. I believe doom can solve most of those issues.

Probably, in most (if not all) cases where you create and play or spawn a copy, it should be given doom.

Why the hell are so many people complaining about NG??? The one and only broken NG card is Bribery, and you have to get lucky to make use of it.

Hey have noticed many times playing this game that while i play this game a noticeable unbalance when facing someone skilled with Nilfgaard.
Isn't that a good thing? There HAS TO be a meaningful difference between skilled players and noobs. Plus if you're getting crushed by good players, there is very easy solution for that - GET GOOD!

Why the hell are so many people complaining about NG??? The one and only broken NG card is Bribery, and you have to get lucky to make use of it.

Isn't that a good thing? There HAS TO be a meaningful difference between skilled players and noobs. Plus if you're getting crushed by good players, there is very easy solution for that - GET GOOD!

You could easily, easily argue that Enslave leader ability is also broken and that NG's general package is over developed in general. Your typical NG deck has so much control loaded into it that unless you're SY and open Igor+Azar, even Defender status isn't going to help much, if at all.

Control is fine but NG currently might as well be Untiless 2.0, they've been given too much control too fast in comparison with the non-niche counter play options that have been added.

Top Bottom