Letho of Gulet Boosted + D-Bomb is too Strong

+
Letho of Gulet Boosted + D-Bomb is too Strong

So there has been some discussion about Letho getting Boosted instead of Strengthtened, as stated in description. As you could see in the today's stream broadcast (33:28) things got sorted out and he will be indeed Boosted, while his Base Strength is 1 while spying. I think that this is obviously WAY too strong- Letho+DBomb practically erase (nearly) whole lane... Actually if I recall correctly Letho was originally working like this (banish, then boost self, not strengthen) and had been changed exactly due to this interaction with DBomb.

I guess this fits better into General Discussion since I am not really suggesting anything new, it's rather a reflection on certain devs' choice, but do as you wish... Hopefully it won't be overlooked.

Have you actually played this combo on live? Sometimes it's great and wins games, otherwise you draw pieces, or outright lose because the opponent doesn't dump 50+ points onto a single row.

NG simply can't fit Letho in, even with the nerfs to the other golds; regardless, NG will lose its place on the ladder, and you're going to see very little of it, let alone NG decks running letho bomb.

I remembered he has already always worked like that. Regardless where you play him (your battle or opponent's), his power will be reset by D-bomb. He's only increased one strength, not a big deal. I have faced with him many times and he only succeeded once while becoming a dead card frequently because of D-shackle, scorch, Geral Igni, Vilen dragon, etc.

Letho's main goal is to kill combo pieces. Foglets, Queensguard, Morkvarg, Mahakam Defenders (if not moved). Don't use him then waste cards trying to kill him off - use him to disrupt your opponents plays. He's worth so much more to you when he banishes good cards.

daedalsight;n8881680 said:
Have you actually played this combo on live? Sometimes it's great and wins games, otherwise you draw pieces, or outright lose because the opponent doesn't dump 50+ points onto a single row.
Nah I haven't played this, although I got Letho in one of my decks (actually he was the first Nilfgaard card I crafted when the Nilfgaard was introduced and have been using him since then) and I have always considered him a very useful card, banishing four cards is no joke and can be devastating against many decks (consume, almost any skellige deck etc.), there's no need to make Letho even more desruptive.
pthieu you remebered that wrong (probably), I am 95% sure that originally Letho got boosted, not strengthened and some time after, he was changed so he absorbed banished units' strength as base strength (reseted upon graveyard entrance), precisely because he was often used to devour whole row and DBombed afterwards. As per his planned strength boost (6=>7) and interaction with cards you mentioned, I don't really see your point, I am not talking about his defensive usage (i.e. deploying him on your own side to protect against mentioned cards).

Clxmj;n8887560 said:
Letho's main goal is to kill combo pieces. Foglets, Queensguard, Morkvarg, Mahakam Defenders (if not moved). Don't use him then waste cards trying to kill him off - use him to disrupt your opponents plays. He's worth so much more to you when he banishes good cards.

Thats precisley he shouldnt have a "can kill all your power" component to the card. Hes already amazing at what hes so having this addtional angle is just uncalled for. Having him get strenghtend is a must have if his combo killing is allowed to stay. Either he only gets to destroy the units or he gets strenghtend instead of buffed. Both is unreasonable.

Ok, just I little sitrep, since the patch hit, I noticed considerable surge in Letho+DBomb combo- I have faced it 3 times today, although I don't exactly remember how many times have I played against Nilfgaard, but it's probably still more than during whole pre-patch period...

Now, that's a :surprise:isn't it? Hopefully this will be adressed in the future...

Wow thats cool i gotta try this out i couldnt figure out a worth wild reason to get letho till now course unless you have both cards in hand it sounds like letho could bite back easily. Do have both bombs and shackles in deck just in case?

Lypi;n8933600 said:
Wow thats cool i gotta try this out i couldnt figure out a worth wild reason to get letho till now course unless you have both cards in hand it sounds like letho could bite back easily. Do have both bombs and shackles in deck just in case?

Duh, what a backfire, this topic's purpose is to argue AGAINST the way Letho works now, not to promote it:worried:.

Anyway, as it has been already mentioned Letho was very useful cards even prior to this change, when he was strengthened by the power of banished units, as he permanently disrupts any strategy that relies on over-time abilities and combos- and literally every faction has some kind of such cards

Wait, what? I thought that Boosting instead of Strenghtening was merely a bug, but this is intentional? I have no idea why devs made him this way...

I though that too, I even contacted support about it, they responded that they will look into it. Apparently, they did.

About Dimeritium Bomb

I recently had a game versus NG and at the end my opponent used Letho to consume two of my units followed by a Dimeritium Bomb. D-bomb's description states that it resets the unit back to it's base power. Letho's base power according to the collection is 7, but in the game Letho went all the way down to 1. Now it was a casual game so I'm not exactly seething in ire albeit I ended up losing because of this, but was this a bug or have I understood the function of D-bomb incorrectly?

EDIT: I noticed that when spying Letho's base power is 1... I'm not sure if I can delete this topic but if someone can, please do.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. It has happened to me a couple of times.

When you play Letho on your side, his base strength is 7. When you play Letho as a spy, his base strength is 1. It's not a bug.

In0va

Your topic titled "About Dimeritium Bomb" was really about Letho's interaction with D-Bomb, rather than D-Bomb itself. Anyhow, nitpicking aside, thread merged.

It's a highly effective strategy, especially against Queensguard or other decks that rely on replaying cards.

It's also a lot of fun to Letho high-strength or otherwise important units, D-bomb Letho and watch the opponent search their graveyard for the banished cards. :D

This has been happening to me quite a bit lately. Luckily usually last play in round 3, then I just play grave hag and win anyways :)

Top Bottom