Lets all make a CP2020 Character.

+
Lets all make a CP2020 Character.

So as the title says I wanna see what you guys come up with for a CP2020 character with the following criteria :)

The character is a little person aka Dwarf or Mdgit. Character to be made with a legal CP2020 career, life path is optional but may be quite fun.

My shot at it.
HANDLE: Lil Jacq
Role: Fixer
STATS: INT: 7 REF: 7/9 TECH: 6 COOL: 9
ATTR: 6 LUCK: 9 MA: 10 BOD: 8
EMP: 7/4 RUN: 30 LEAP: 8m LIFT: 80kg.

Street Deal: 5 Pick Lock: 4
Awareness: 5 Pick Pocket: 4
Forgery: 3 Intimidate: 4
Brawling: 3 Persuasion: 3
Handgun: 5 Melee: 4

Pick Up Skills:
Cybertech: 4
Electronics: 3
Drive: 3
Demolitions: 4

Cyberware:
Neuralware Processor with RFB, Weapon Link, Vehicle Link,
Muscle/Bone lace +3
Cyberlegs with Standard Feet, Armored SP20, and Speeding Bullets
Cyberarm with Ripper Hand, Pop Up Gun (12mm), Armored (right arm)
Monovisor with Image Enhance, Target Acquistion, Anti Dazzle, Low Light, Times Square, Microscopic.
Subdermal Armor SP 18.

Leather Trenchcoat (sorta) SP 8 (modified for Pop Up Gun).
Banadanna SP 10
Car (something big)

Last edited:
Wait, what?

We have to be midgets? Like Cyber-Umpalumpa?

And what stat point system are we using?

1 - Roll 9D10 and total is how many stat points we have
2 - Roll a D10 for each stat and reroll 1's and 2's
or
3 - Set number of stat points, (I usually go for this option, with 55 or 60 points.)

Good start. I was thinking of starting up Setting Night City ideas and trying to pick a system version.

Are we building a character with base rules? Because although I find them sleeker than IU with all the IU stuff in, I find the Roles section of IU, for example, a great improvement.

I think 60 points wouldn't be bad. Even 65. I like to kil..err..challenge exceptionalish characters.

So........... you have a midget with standard cyberlegs..... is that the human equivalent of a t-rex?

Oh wait, he also has one cyberarm....

Now I can't get that image out of my head... damn you J and damn your cursed character.....

Good start. I was thinking of starting up Setting Night City ideas and trying to pick a system version.

Are we building a character with base rules? Because although I find them sleeker than IU with all the IU stuff in, I find the Roles section of IU, for example, a great improvement.

I think 60 points wouldn't be bad. Even 65. I like to kil..err..challenge exceptionalish characters.

Last edited:
Well I was figuring the base rules sorry I didn't mention it, but any baseline rules your group uses to generate a new character would work as long as the end product you figure you would not have any problems getting that character into a new game.

Wisdom the cyberlimbs are all sized to fit the little guy, I was figuring him at being about 4 foot tall naturally. So his legs just move a little faster to get that 10 MA.
If we get enough of these guys maybe Wisdom will gather them up and make a pdf of NPC characters.

There must be some conspiracy behind that post.... I smell a trap... :)
We create some midgets and CDPR will think "Oh. They all want play midgets!" and we all end up having to play a midget... :D

There must be some conspiracy behind that post.... I smell a trap... :)
We create some midgets and CDPR will think "Oh. They all want play midgets!" and we all end up having to play a midget... :D

They don't have to be midgits, normal characters work just as well.

I don't think it would be humanly possible for a midget to have an MA of 10....

I thnk at that point you are starting from a handicap of............

You know what, I am gonna shut up now, as with anything, trying to fit real people into gaming terms never works out well just ask any one who was around when anyone has ever suggested human female characters should suffer a penalty to Str scores, so you just run with your speedy little dude...

I thnk at that point you are starting from a handicap of............

You know what, I am gonna shut up now, as with anything, trying to fit real people into gaming terms never works out well...so you just run with your speedy little dude...

Jesus. This looks like actual tact, on the subject of 2020 rules. Are you..are you feeling alright?

Anyway. He has Speeding Bullet, so, yeah, whatever. WHY you'd want to make a Death Dwarf, i have no idea. Different though.

See, this is what happens when you post an actual character. The rest of us, instead of making our own, hop on and go to town. So much safer.

Jesus. This looks like actual tact, on the subject of 2020 rules. Are you..are you feeling alright?

Anyway. He has Speeding Bullet, so, yeah, whatever. WHY you'd want to make a Death Dwarf, i have no idea. Different though.

See, this is what happens when you post an actual character. The rest of us, instead of making our own, hop on and go to town. So much safer.

This character was made just for this topic here, have not had a chance to play the character at all. I hope others create characters to go along and maybe we can get a nice big PDF of ready made NPC's that are more then Fast N Dirty expendables. I mean someone may get a creative idea from all of this and then just go a ruin some players characters I mean give them an enjoyable night of CP2020.

I am afraid to look for video... for fear I may never stop laughing, and even if I did I would hate myself sooooooooo much....

Normally I tend to agree that characters are above-average to exceptional individuals, thus I tend to go with the high end (sometimes high+) of point buy systems.

BUT ... with Cyberpunk I'm sort of wondering. Characters aren't "heroes", they're normal schmucks attempting to make a living and survive.

Thoughts?

BUT ... with Cyberpunk I'm sort of wondering. Characters aren't "heroes", they're normal schmucks attempting to make a living and survive.

Thoughts?

Normal schmucks? Well, no. They are Edgerunners. A particular kind of individual who does risky things for money. Normal schmucks stay in their jobs, eat their soy and worry about the rent. Edgerunners have adventures.

Whether that means Edgerunners should have normal start stats and prove themselves through action and courage, that's a good question. I guess I feel that if you allow stat improvement through IP, normal start range is fine. If you do not, then starting characters should be above average in several stats and below average in very few if any.

Otherwise, they wouldn't be Edgerunners for very long.

Normal schmucks? Well, no. They are Edgerunners. A particular kind of individual who does risky things for money. Normal schmucks stay in their jobs, eat their soy and worry about the rent. Edgerunners have adventures.

Whether that means Edgerunners should have normal start stats and prove themselves through action and courage, that's a good question. I guess I feel that if you allow stat improvement through IP, normal start range is fine. If you do not, then starting characters should be above average in several stats and below average in very few if any.

Otherwise, they wouldn't be Edgerunners for very long.

Point.

Interesting challenge.

I'll put together a character later, as time permits, but here's the house rules I have for my players:

57 starting points for Stats. I chose 57 points to challenge my characters in their build design; averages to 6 point Stats across the board, with three stats at 7. From the 57 point pool, I allow up to 10 points in a Stat, with nothing below a 2.

So far, I'm running my games very "street level." To that end, I cap all new characters at 6 points in their Special Ability, logic being that if someone's character is a Corporate or Rockerboy with a SA of 10, why would they accept shady backalley deals from people of questionable repute?

57 starting points for Stats. I chose 57 points to challenge my characters in their build design; averages to 6 point Stats across the board, with three stats at 7. From the 57 point pool, I allow up to 10 points in a Stat, with nothing below a 2.

Sure, but do you allow stat improvements with IP?

So far, I'm running my games very "street level." To that end, I cap all new characters at 6 points in their Special Ability, logic being that if someone's character is a Corporate or Rockerboy with a SA of 10, why would they accept shady backalley deals from people of questionable repute?

i have no issue with a 6 cap for starting characters, although I would point out that given "natural talent" and/or hard early life, i could see Special Abilities going as high as 8. That IP hike from 8-10 is bruuutal as is.

Edit: I'm not in a hurry to make a character as I feel the core 2020 rules are in need of some work. Roles, for example.

I feel as if I should start the Campaign Setting thread or used the Interlaced Game Setting one and find a common ground for ruleset and setting.

Last edited:
Sure, but do you allow stat improvements with IP?
After prior conversations in other threads, yes.

i have no issue with a 6 cap for starting characters, although I would point out that given "natural talent" and/or hard early life, i could see Special Abilities going as high as 8. That IP hike from 8-10 is bruuutal as is.
I may raise the cap at a later point in time, but right now, I want my players poor n' hungry, to keep 'em motivated. Heh.

I may raise the cap at a later point in time, but right now, I want my players poor n' hungry, to keep 'em motivated. Heh.

An admirable goal. One of the best things about Cyberpunk is that even ultra-skilled players are still quite fragile and wealth is as easily lost as gained. One injury or disease, (we had a player who ended up a very senior executive at IEC - someone nailed him with biowarfare leprosy) or just a nasty hack and your money is gone gone gone. Or useless.

Hmm. I wonder if anyone here will make a Corp?

I tend to disallow Stats 3 or below... 3 or below and you are handicapped in that regard... as in you can apply for disability.

With an Int of 3 the dog outsmarts you... and not the bright dog, the one that sits over in the corner licking its own asshole for hours on end and forgets it has a tail. You not only ride the short bus, you gleefully sing "Wheels On the Bus Go Round and Round", even if you can't remember all the words...

With a ref of 3 or below, Well crap, you can't pass a drivers test, you can't walk a straight line, you can't wipe your own ass.

I had a player who wanted to use his ATTR as a Dump stat, so I let him, he went in knowing that an ATTR of 2 meant he was severely deformed... He kind of ignored it, until I drew the image and illustrated what his "cleft pallated, hunchbacked, assymetrical arm having CHUD actually looked like...

Top Bottom