Let's discuss the garbage leaders!

+
Invigorate and Stockpile for sure, but also Imprisonment, nu-Pincer Maneuver, and the cooldown ones.
How do we fix these fellas?

Imprisonment could have more charges but deal less damage and have higher PP bonus?

Stockiple could give extra charge if condition is met. For example Resupply.

Pincer Manouver could allow you to keep a card having last say, maybe with zero or little boost for that card? The only reason I see to use this ability is Anseis, but still one Shield Wall charge is still better than that 5power boost.

I think if Pincer Maneuver boosted by 4 but had 2 charges it would be an actually good leader. If it sounds too good to you keep in mind it needs to contend with Shieldwall and the huge pointslam that is Uprising

Good thread. Invigorate could maybe boost half of the units by one and the other by two, boosting everything by two sounds too strong. Or maybe completely change it. Stockpile could be a similar solution. The other cooldown ones could get Adrenaline where they boost or damage by two instead of one. Imprisonment should definitely not damage, spawning an operator in the opponent's row and seizing it would add some spy-synergy while still fulfilling its main purpose that is locking.

Good thread. Invigorate could maybe boost half of the units by one and the other by two, boosting everything by two sounds too strong. Or maybe completely change it. Stockpile could be a similar solution. The other cooldown ones could get Adrenaline where they boost or damage by two instead of one. Imprisonment should definitely not damage, spawning an operator in the opponent's row and seizing it would add some spy-synergy while still fulfilling its main purpose that is locking.
Leaders having Adrenaline is a great idea, I'm just spitballing here but Shieldwall could use an Adrenaline requirement for the boost to also give a shield.
Oh man now I'll be thinking about Adrenaline leaders for the rest of the day and wont get anything ready for christmas lol

Leaders having Adrenaline is a great idea, I'm just spitballing here but Shieldwall could use an Adrenaline requirement for the boost to also give a shield.
Oh man now I'll be thinking about Adrenaline leaders for the rest of the day and wont get anything ready for christmas lol

Rather Adrenaline to give a boost. It's a Shieldwall ability so Shield should be consistent. I never liked the buff of 2power that Shieldwall gives - it's too much.

I really like that Imprisonment idea. Strategic Withdrawal served as a multipurpose leader and without it Spies suffer, this could possibly mitigate that.
I don't despise Imprisonment and want it deleted like some others but the damaging part makes it so incredibly awkward to use. Removal on-top of what's already locked is nonsense to begin with but when it also directly counteracts other cards it's just rubbish game design.

Hopefully this idea can somehow reach the devs I don't see any reason to not make the leader this way.
It should've honestly been like this from the start, but I suspect they either didn't care enough since they had so many leaders to replace or were blinded by the thought of reintroducing a beta leader without really considering whether it works well.

Honestly I haven't seen a faction ability ( I refuse to call them "leader abilities" anymore) outside of NG for months because I use lockdown pretty much exclusively :) I think they're all garbage since beta anyway so I just block them

Honestly I haven't seen a faction ability ( I refuse to call them "leader abilities" anymore) outside of NG for months because I use lockdown pretty much exclusively :) I think they're all garbage since beta anyway so I just block them
Well, not everyone takes that line, some players actually want to build decks around an ability. Or they just want to see their leader's animation when he or she uses it, like me :)

I really like that Imprisonment idea. Strategic Withdrawal served as a multipurpose leader and without it Spies suffer, this could possibly mitigate that.
I don't despise Imprisonment and want it deleted like some others but the damaging part makes it so incredibly awkward to use. Removal on-top of what's already locked is nonsense to begin with but when it also directly counteracts other cards it's just rubbish game design.

Hopefully this idea can somehow reach the devs I don't see any reason to not make the leader this way.
It should've honestly been like this from the start, but I suspect they either didn't care enough since they had so many leaders to replace or were blinded by the thought of reintroducing a beta leader without really considering whether it works well.
I think the devs just went "Oh Collar is good, right? Let's make the leader two Collars!!" without thinking it through too much

Garbage as in "not competitive"? Because if that's what you mean, you're wrong, and if that's not what you mean, you're in the wrong thread

I think Invigorate should work like Supreme god (i play the spanish version so i don't know how do you name this card, sorry), allowing to chose 3 cards in the deck to give them a +2.

I think Invigorate should work like Supreme god (i play the spanish version so i don't know how do you name this card, sorry), allowing to chose 3 cards in the deck to give them a +2.
I agree with this idea, I believe this was suggested multiple times already - the only problem I see here is that it would basically support the same archetype as Precision Strike. Ideally you want to use PS leader with multiple hand/deckbuffs to create powerplays, having to decide between these options would be somewhat awkward.
Right now no other deck type is really supported by these hand/deckbuffs (one dwarf and elf here and there, nothing more).

Would Invigorate be too boring if it were simply "Boost a unit in your hand by 3" with 3 charges?
It would protect engines, work for those meme carryover decks, etc.

Invigorate could be - boost a unit in hand by 1, 3 charges per round, cooldown 1.

Cooldown is there to prevent single turn combo potential and encourage spreading out over multiple turns.

3 per round encourages use in every round.

I think 3 charges would be too much. The idea is great, but it would be more realistic with 2 charges instead of 3

I think 3 charges would be too much. The idea is great, but it would be more realistic with 2 charges instead of 3
Making it 2 charges per round wouldn't change anything. Invigorate would remain just as terrible as it is now.

Personally, I would prefer if it was "Order: Boost 3 units in your hand by 1. At the beginning of the round, refresh this ability." That way, players wouldn't be able to easily stack all of the boosts on the same card(s), and it would still be a guaranteed 6-9 points that could not be bled down to practically nothing in the second round.

Top Bottom