Lets guess the December cards

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, i already posted this message in another thread - any mods feel free to delete that original message, if you wish, its on the HoS thread.

And i apologize if anyone had already seen it there, but it was my mistake posting it on a thread where the focus is the cards we are getting tomorrow, and this post would just get lost in the middle of those discussions, while it definitely deserves its own thread.

(This is based on the information shared on today's developer video, where they shared their plans for December)

So, we are getting 12 new cards in December, and it was more than hinted they will be old leaders with their respective artwork.
The first was confirmed - Radovid. Another is almost a guarantee, since its the most requested card in Gwent for YEARS, and also its biggest meme - Dagon... if they dont add him then, they're playing with fire and i fear pitchforks will be used...

Lets do some research work to single out which leaders - before they were converted to leader abilities and their artwork ditched - are still not in the game, and might be coming in December. Also, its HIGHLY likely it will be 2 for each faction, just like in March:

NR:
Radovid - CONFIRMED
Henselt
Demavend
Ada
Calanthe

SK:
Bran
Svalblod

ST:
none (although Eithne's original artwork wasnt reused yet, so maybe alternate version)

MO:
Dagon - leader from betas, never in HC, most wanted (was a weather leader)
Arachas Queen

NG:
Ardal
Calveit

SY:
Gudrun
Hemmelfart
Dijkstra
King of Beggars

What are your thoughts and guesses?
Also, if i missed any possibility, please let me know.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hemmelfart would make sense as support to make Firesworn or Bounty viable (again).
Dagon is likely (and could be Fog support, given that Fog is currently the only unviable Weather), Arachas Queen could also be Insect support, after Kiki Queen alone became unviable.
King of Beggars could also be Tribute support, given that Tribute has good support cards, but still has to be connected together.
Calveit could also be potentially be Spying or Hyperthin support.
Svalblod could be Berserk support, given that that archetype also gets a major buff on Artis.
Adda/Henselt could also be Cursed support (given that Henselt is the target of the curse involving Draug and Sabrina, while Adda was introduced as Cursed support in the Open Beta and as a Strigga can be connected to that archetype).

Considering that they will add 12 cards, under normal circumstances it would be 2 cards per faction. The problem here is that ST doesn't really have a leader card as all the leaders will be in the game starting from tomorrow, with Filavandrel being the latest.

Still, I can't imagine them printing 12 cards, none of them being ST cards.

I am rooting a bit for Gudrun. Tidecloaks have been ignored for a long time within ST.

Considering that they will add 12 cards, under normal circumstances it would be 2 cards per faction. The problem here is that ST doesn't really have a leader card as all the leaders will be in the game starting from tomorrow, with Filavandrel being the latest.

Still, I can't imagine them printing 12 cards, none of them being ST cards.
It is unlikely that a faction would get more or less than 2 cards.
Also they stated that the drop will include older Leader cards, but did not specify that all 12 cards had to be old Leader cards.

My wishful thinking.

NR: With Radovid confirmed, I'd like Calanthe.

SK: Bran and more ships

MO: Dagon and Vodyanoi

NG: More soldiers (don't remember a lot of the characters from the books.)

SY: Hemmelfart with Firesworn cards that shy away from pure swarm

I hope that with these 12 cards not only leader arts will return, but some other arts from beta as well.

The shown Radovid, in my opinion, will be in SY, given the witch hunters in the background. There is another art for Radovid, from Iron Judgment, that could be used as a NR card.

The same could happen with Dijkstra - the original art for NR card, the leader art for SY.

I'd like if the old Usurper and Eithné arts were used as special cards.

As for Monsters - Dagon deserves its own expansion, not one disjointed card, so I'd expect Arachas Queen and Moonlight maybe.

And for Skellige, beside Svalblod, I really wish if art for Cerys: Fearless returned.

Radovid and Dagon disappeared at the same time, so them also returning together would make sense.

I hope Ardal aep Dahy will return for NG. Calveit may be a true OG, but I like Ardal better. :p

Usurper and Eithné already have cards, so I wouldn't expect their old arts at least yet.
Dijkstra technically does, too, but the DJ Extra art (with the funny animation; I don't care if it was a bug :LOL: ) would be cool.

Well I guess they also have a lot of unused Card Arts which we've never seen before (like Calanthe from Slamas Stream or Zoltan chasing a goose) which they could use, apart from that some of the Leader Card's could already be planned to be part in one of the upcoming Expansion drops, so I wouldn't count old Eithné and Usurper entirely out since both of them have already been Part of a expansion it probably isn't highly likely that they fit into another one anytime soon, so this is probably the best chance to bring them back.

Another possiblity could be that only 6 Faction Card's plus 6 Neutral or even dual Faction Card's could be added, which could probably shake up the Meta even more.

I think at this point it would be a bit disappointing if Dagon should be added in just a simple Card Drop, i think he should be added in a expansion with Cards themed around him along with a Leader Skin.

Last edited:
Guesing game! I love those :D

NR
Radovid - shields or resupply. I want shields to be a thing.
Calanthe - deck boosting. I'm pretty sure they'll try some deck-boost support.

SK
Svalblod - self-harm got some support in the last 2 expansions, makes sense to make it great again with a nice legendary.
Bran - discard or pirates. Would be nice to have a proper discard deck.

ST
Brokilon location - harmony. I almost forgot this archetipe existed.
Milva - harmony.

MO
Arachas Queen - swarm or consume. Seems like an obvious choice.
Zeugl - consume. The second card could be anything.

NG
Ardal - tactics or seize. I want some nightmare fuel for NG haters.
Calveit - soldiers. They have to give us some soldier support, right?

SY
Hamelfart - fireswarm. I thought he would be the legendary card in PoP3.
King of Beggars - tribute. I'm not sure if 1 card would be enought to make a proper tribute deck viable.

Since Burza in one of the recent Twig Episodes replied with No to the question if Scoia'tael will receive a new Card Art along with the old Eithné leader Card , i guess what I mentioned in my older post* might could even become true, since the only other unreleased ST Card I'm aware of is Elven Blade ( i guess another option would be to release a Gold and a bronze per faction) and the other Witcher 3 ST Gwent Arts (Eithné was already used in Witcher 3 Gwent) apart from maybe Iorveth don't really fit into the current Art Style.

Another possiblity could be that only 6 Faction Card's plus 6 Neutral or even dual Faction Card's could be added, which could probably shake up the Meta even more.

So with that in mind my probably a bit too optimistic guesses look like this.

NR Radovid

ST Eithné

SK probably Svalblod but I would personally prefer Cerys Fearless.

NG Ardal

MO Arachas Queen because at this point it would be pretty lame to release Dagon without Cards themed around him.

SY is kind of a tough one, most likely Hemmelfart or Gudrun as firesworn or hoard support.

Neutral

Renfri

Corinne Tilly

Borch Three Jackdaws

At this point the other three cards would most likely be some unused Thronebreaker Bandit Arts as Bronzes but since this is already a bit of a wishful thinking post i wouldn't really mind getting those 3 Card's too, since those probably won't fit thematically into the upcoming expansion any time soon either.

Kaer Morhen location based on the Art used for Masters.

Unreleased Zoltan and a alternative Syanna version.

Last edited:
I want this guy. :) Awesome art.
Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 19-51-56 Jan Calveit.png

My wishful thinking.

NR: With Radovid confirmed, I'd like Calanthe.

SK: Bran and more ships

MO: Dagon and Vodyanoi

NG: More soldiers (don't remember a lot of the characters from the books.)

SY: Hemmelfart with Firesworn cards that shy away from pure swarm
Quite make sense

I have big hope for Princess Adda card with ability similar to her former gamestyle, something like: strengh 1; order: deal 8dmg to opponent, than - at the end of turn - boost that unit for amount of all domage that You deal to enemy at that turn
That could revive NR former Adda+Hubert pointswing ability that I loved

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, 4 out of the 5 cards revealed today at Masters were on my list (see OP), posted two months ago.

And of course, the only one that wasnt was Milva Sharpshooter which - at that time - was impossible to guess.

So, 4 out of the 5 cards revealed today at Masters were on my list (see OP), posted two months ago.

And of course, the only one that wasnt was Milva Sharpshooter which - at that time - was impossible to guess.
Nice.
Regarding Milva though Pacifixer did guess that one of the cards would be a new Milva form, so someone did guess that correctly.

Top Bottom